best place to get decent items for a 30armsman

H

hank_mongbat

Just wondering where the best place to get decent items for my armsman are.

Although cats is now itemised i never get anything down there i want. Although some people say you can get legion plate armour there i havent seen any drop. That would be good though cause im still wearing my old vindi which is now getting some nasty dents in it and holes from countless lurikeen and kobold arrows.

I use 1h slashing and a shield so it would be good to get a nasty sword to kill some lurikeens with. I hate them!

Thanks in advance to any replies

Hank Mongbat

W

-Wedge-

Well, there's some Ancient plate dropped by Bwglu'ls (or how ever you spell that :p ) ... They can be found in Llynn Barfog...

H

hank_mongbat

Thanks Wedge

Ill try it tonight

although do many people hunt down there so i can get a group?

in other words will i get horses all the way up there and find no one?

S

starblade

And while you are there, check out the bwgan fishermen at the lake. They drop some nice extra stuff too.

H

hank_mongbat

Thanks starblade, ill will try them too

W

-Wedge-

It's pretty quiet there most of the time, and its a bit hard to find too...

I'd recommend rallying up some friends... You need at least a cleric...

The band thing about this is, Ancient armor turns (I think) blue at 32 or 34 (not sure)... But its nice armor...

If you really want better armor (turns yellow at 38, I think), is Hollowmen armor... But those hollow men are level 43~44, and group... So you'd need a good group to battle those...

I think you can do Bwgwl's with a small team, you might even be able to solo them...

But, Ancient armor is rare... Really rare... (Or it at least was the last time I was there)

S

starblade

Indeed, the Ancient armor pieces are hell to get.
Took ages of slaying them stupid skeletons for some drops. But in group, they can be good fun (come in 3's when you are 8). Still wonder why they drop only legs and arms as normal loot. Always wanted to compose my own bwgl :p

Hollowman plate is AF78 and very very nice. Most of them are yellow at 42 and so is the armor. They also drop a lot better compared to the bwgl.

For somthing in between, I always got some nice drops in the first hallways of barrows. AF74 plate, cloaks, ...
Its not overly crowded there since most groups head down deeper. I still camp it regularly to fill the guild vault when armor is distributed or just gets worn down.

H

hank_mongbat

i might try barrows then.

Iv'e been down there a couple of times and in groups ive picked up some weapons, but never any armour..

is ther particular mobs that drop this armour or is it random and luck?

p.s. thanks for replies ill hopefully get some armour tonight then :)

M

Madonion Slicer

If you are 30 you can go get the one time drop from Dericon in the first hallway of the Catacombs, just kill him and bang a nice af62 BP appears in you inventory.

I am camped in the Catacombs with my 35 Armsmen killed alot down they and had only a couple of drops, got a nice belt for my Wizard which was nice.

Good luck

H

hank_mongbat

ok ill head back there then.

although technically im not lvl30 :)

im 29 only need a little bit more exp so planning for the night cause ill lvl in 10 mins if i find a goof spot. if i dont post again foor a while thanks for the input and enjoy meeting you in person. well character.

S

starblade

Now that catacombs is itemized, it doesnt only drop the BP of the Legion. It is the only 100% one time drop but we have some guild members having other 'Legion' plate drops too.

H

hank_mongbat

Yeah i havent seen anyone with a full set of legion armour though people have asked me if i have one cause of my vindi's colour. Ill have to ask around when i get there.

O

old.Spanjab

Get yaself the one time drop sword from the lion in Camp forest. It's right to the north east of the region south of the road with the lioness so you might need help to get both. One thing if you are alone though is to go there just after you ding, kill the lion quick for the drop then even if the lioness kills you there is no great loss!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom