Best Job in The World?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Anyone seen this? "Caretaker" on Hamilton Island, Great Barrier Reef, for six months. Basically you'll be doing a blog about the place from the Queensland Tourist Board. Duration, six months, salary, a whopping A$150,000 (about £70K). I'm actually tempted.

Uara

Part of the furniture
That sounds awesome, if I thought I had an actual chance of getting it, I might have applied :p

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
anything that pays in excess of a million a year im fine with tbh

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
rather go to sydney :)

Sydney is one of the most overrated cities in the world. Its very pretty, but apart from NYE and Australia Day its fucking dull. Everyone's in bed by 10.30! Melbourne is boring to look at but much more lively. Its the same with all these really pretty cities; Vancouver and San Francisco are dull as well. The best cities are gritty and grimy. The biggest irony is that the grimiest bit of Sydney is in the wrong place; the hellhole that is Bondi Beach...

So you know what? I'd rather be on the Barrier Reef thanks.

taB

Part of the furniture
Aye. Melbourne > Sidney

Hamilton Island is fooking gorgeous, went camping there. Just watch out for the dingos!

Was in the pre-digital camera days that I was there though so can't show any pics.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Anyone seen this? "Caretaker" on Hamilton Island, Great Barrier Reef, for six months. Basically you'll be doing a blog about the place from the Queensland Tourist Board. Duration, six months, salary, a whopping A$150,000 (about £70K). I'm actually tempted.

fucking sweet. though they do make out you'll be lounging about doing nothing all day long. I somewhat think that won't be the case :)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
If you're talking about the one in Scotland, you'll find it's baltic and full of neanderthals :).

Perth Australia?

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
fucking sweet. though they do make out you'll be lounging about doing nothing all day long. I somewhat think that won't be the case :)

From the bbc....

The new recruit will work for just 12 hours a month. Duties include feeding some of the hundreds of species of fish and collecting the island's mail.

damn, 12hrs a month work, there's always a catch :(

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
Sydney is one of the most overrated cities in the world. Its very pretty, but apart from NYE and Australia Day its fucking dull. Everyone's in bed by 10.30! Melbourne is boring to look at but much more lively. Its the same with all these really pretty cities; Vancouver and San Francisco are dull as well. The best cities are gritty and grimy. The biggest irony is that the grimiest bit of Sydney is in the wrong place; the hellhole that is Bondi Beach...

So you know what? I'd rather be on the Barrier Reef thanks.

each to there own m8, i loved sydney especially round darling harbour probably one of the best cities ive ever been to, cant say ive been to loads cos i havent but i reckon id rank it top 5 probably are better places in australia one day hopefully ill get to see them

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom