Best hib tanksetup?

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
anyone can tell me whats best hib tank setup?

Druid druid, bard, and then? Better to have couple of bm's then a hero, bm, champ, vw etc? or?

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
Imo this: bard druid druid bainshee bainshee/eldy/bard bm bm hero.
Not a pure tanksetup but imo will work loads better :)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Pertan said:
Imo this: bard druid druid bainshee bainshee/eldy/bard bm bm hero.
Not a pure tanksetup but imo will work loads better :)

I though a nobshee was a requirement for all hib groups?

Seems that every group has one

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
you need an eld + chanter in groups its a fact tbh. but best tank setup ive seen that worked was. BM,BM,BM,CHAMP,DRUID,DRUID,BARD, BARD

Gahn

Resident Freddy
As for FULL tank setup i'd say 2x droods 2x bards 2x bms champ and warlord hero.

As for a tank setup we are experimenting 2x droods bard bainshee animist 2x bms and warlord hero, learning curve it's huge but when it works it's funny :D

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
is, druid, druid, bard, chanter, bm champ hero vw , any good?

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
hib tank grps can work but ive said it time again to people if u have both a chanter and eld in group its much better. Having a chanter in group can increse your groups damage out put up to atleast 50%

Dave J.

Banned
I take it with 'tank-group' you want your main DPS source to be melee, thus i'd recommend:

bard, druid, druid, bainshee(pbaoe-pulse spec), hero, bm, champ, vamp

Fun group with lots of potential, but not that great in keep warfare or in more zergy situations (range > all :/).

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
2x druid, bard, warden, 2x bm, hero, vamp

Never actually tried it but it could work :p

Dave J.

Banned
You need 1 caster to kill ml9 pets, and other pets in general, and a bainshee with pbaoe-pulse is the superior choice to handle that task.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Well normally i'd run: Druid Druid Bard, Chanter, Eld, Bainshee/chanter, bm hero

but was wondering if more mellee would work in hib group.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
A lot of people seem to whine about bainshees but I personally find 2x bard more annoying than bard/bainshee. And then ofc it could actually be a real tank group with no casters playing damage.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Dallas said:
not long ago we ran 2 druid, bard, bainshee, hero, 3xbm.. bainshee for cleaning pets and interrupt, and hero for bg.. bms for melee dmg.. and it worked just fine, tho we had kinda high average RR in grp :)

Aye that group fecking hurt with just 1BG in a otherwise all caster group :p

2*RR9+ bm's and a RR11 or so hero wasnt it?

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Dallas said:
not long ago we ran 2 druid, bard, bainshee, hero, 3xbm.. bainshee for cleaning pets and interrupt, and hero for bg.. bms for melee dmg.. and it worked just fine, tho we had kinda high average RR in grp :)

well, we ran this: druid, druid, bard, bm, bm, warden bainshee, eld with a rr3-5 group.

We won vs apocalypse dudes, and had a 5-6 min long fight with Septina's group (when he;s that warrior).

our gg only lasted a week orsmt due hollidays etc.

But you'd think that group also works with low rr? (ie rr5-8)

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Pure tank grp i would say:

Bard
Bard
Druid
Druid
Bm
Bm
Champ
Hero/Warden

Dont think it would work on cluster, mebbe on classic or shards :p

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
we once had a group with champ void eld, 2 wardens, 3 druids 1 bard, took us a while to kill stuff but worked nice. OF tho.. cant get away with that now.

prolly just as well going with 7 and a stealthed melee ranger these days as a replacement for the secondary bm. just make sure u send him ahead.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
I would say this setup over all:

Druid
Druid
Bard
Dem vamp (to keep them interrupted to hell, and can stay in fight at all times)
VW battlemaster with bedazzling aura 3 (to keep bm's in the fight)
3 BM's (or 2 BM's + hero for slamming)

Theurg pets might be a problem so i suggest putting in an eld on the BM/hero slot

Setup would work quite well in fg scenarios but for fighting the zerg you really want a castergroup.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Elkie said:
you need an eld + chanter in groups its a fact tbh. but best tank setup ive seen that worked was. BM,BM,BM,CHAMP,DRUID,DRUID,BARD, BARD

we ran that with AD for a while, was fun as hell and also v strong fg vs fg but problem was capacity vs zerglings, its lower than with a casterbased setup so ppl whined about that so we shut it down after a while. The day DAoC favour both tankgrps and castergrps I will deffo cheer in rejoice! Dont think that will ever happen though :<

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Well u need a dem vamp in there with aom 5 ;) He freelances on their casters.

Then u need a sexy assist sooo... 2 bm's and one champ (debuffs on the assist etc)

1 bard.

2 x druids

And then either a warden/vw/hero.

The most important thing here is that 1 druid pushes up one of the flanks and keeps the vamp single target healed and disease free. The vamp fucks their casters while the assist works its way round. The other druid heals the assist train and bard and is protectected by the battlemaster.

The vamp tactic also works with casters in ur grp and is actually better. What u end up doing is splitting up the enemy grp (1 half of their grp is getting fuked by the vamp and the other half that pushed forward are getting fuked by ur casters :))

Hope this helps,

Ad

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Almost the setup i suggested :)

Now give some groups xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom