Best Gaming Laptops About?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Money is burning a hole in my pocket need to spend it soon. On the shortlist:

Dell Dimension XPS (Model Number PP14L) - 2.13 GHz Mobile Pent. 1GB DDR RAM. 100 GB HDD. GeForce Go 6800 Ultra with 256 Mb Onboard RAM.

Tosh Qosimo G20-110 - Similar Spec but only 6600 with 128 RAM. has built in RAID though 100 Gb about 300 GBP more than the Dell

Both have 533 FSB's

Anyone using either of these and playing Catacombs Client on it? If so, how does it run? By the specs it should run like a dream but never can be sure with laptops.

I'm leaning heavily towards the Dell. Mainly because alot of the extra features on the Qosimo are not real must have's for me. Look nice but do I really need a TV tuner!

Any advice welcome. Also, any other laptop models also as long as they are mainstream brands. Dell/HP/LG/Tosh... Not gonna import one here (Dubai).

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
havent used laptops that very much, but one that i like atleast that ive tried (not gaming on thou) is the Acer Ferrari 4000 i think its named... seemed like a good comp, and it looks great =P my father bougth one awhile ago, but as i said, havent tried gaming on it...

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
confused said:
nobody mentionned www.Alienware.com if you've got the money there's no beating them

Can't buy them here and can't be arsed to wait for an import. Had a look at the Acer and it is a nice machine and similar price to the Dell. But they are out of stock and don't expect any in for another 3 weeks :(

There is a big shopping festival here (just started) and the Dell are selling cheap about 350 GBP cheaper than the Tosh and 200 cheaper than the Acer.

Anyways all done now - Iat 5 pm purchased the XPS for 7800 Dhs (6.48 = 1 GBP) managed to get a logitech X200 mouse and Case Logic bag thrown in as well. Runs Cata very nicely on 1600 x 1200. Gonna try dual logging a bit later.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I just bought an Asus A6K B031P, pretty good laptop.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I can report the Dell XPS is working superbly even with two cata clients running in NF. Main window running at 1600 x 1200 and BB on windowed 800 x 600. Zoning was as fast as my 2 Gaming Tower PC's. The LCD is also stunning.

Running single cata client on Glast at 1900 x 1200 is a breeze.

Best Laptop I have played with so far for games. Can't fault it really.

fortunefish

Banned
I've played on a laptop since the net cafe over the road closed, I use a HP Pavilion zd8000

512 ram
80g HD
Inter P 4 3.2GHz with HT
ATI 128 mobility x600 model
17" screen, i can get sick resolution, amasing really

and cost half of the above cost, also its easy to stick another 512 ram chip in it but no need for me, i can dual log two ToA cielnts and run mirc and msn and TS at the same time, so i assume that's okay for a laptop.

WARNING: PLEASE, please invest in a laptop cooler, they are so worth their money and make sure you dont use it on your lap, get a desk for it because heat = lower sperm count :p and may fark you up.

good luck, alienware is far far far too overpriced, and dont overlook the other brands. Make sure before you buy online, check your local staples/pcworld and ask if they've got any ex-display 10% is alot when its a gaming laptop

also, get one with a numberpad for daoc, impossible without one

:)

fortune!

confused

Can't get enough of FH
fortunefish said:
80g HD
Inter P 4 3.2GHz with HT
ATI 128 mobility x600 model
17" screen, i can get sick resolution, amasing really
fortune!
Why companys put inter processors inside laptops confuses me, do they not know that they can produce more heat than an iron?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom