Best feeling in the world.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Don't you just love tax rebates?

The lovely people at the inland revenue noticed that I had been working in a shite job at a shite company (homebase - part time) being paid shite money. So randomly, out of the blue, they gave me this huge tax rebate for the past 18 months, because sodding homebase had me on the wrong tax code.

Who else woke up this morning to a cheque for £642.78? :D

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
I woke up this morning, and was greeted by teh missus, who was holding a big cuppa tea.

Much better than some silly cheque :p

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
tRoG said:
I woke up this morning, and was greeted by teh missus, who was holding a big cuppa tea.

Much better than some silly cheque :p
I bet your missus would come make me a cup of tea for £642.77. Meaning I would have a cup of tea and still retain 1p from my cheque, thus making me the victor!

...but then you and your missus would have my money. So maybe not :(

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Congrats Blith. Just imagining that and it would be a VERY nice feeling.

bastard :(

swords

Can't get enough of FH
NHS did that to me. i was on BR for 3 months before i finally recieved a pay slip from them :eek:
Sorted now but still nice way to wake up i must say though there are MUCH nicer ways ;)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:

The lovely people at the inland revenue noticed that I had been working in a shite job at a shite company (homebase - part time) being paid shite money. So randomly, out of the blue, they gave me this huge tax rebate for the past 18 months, because sodding homebase had me on the wrong tax code.

Congratz, bastards still owe me £300ish from last year, nice to know it'll soon be pay-day :)

FoxeH

One of Freddy's beloved
One month I didn't get paid for whatever reason, getting double the wage next month was nice, but the month before i was living off cans of beans and pot noodles :D

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Thats the other thing I love, I get paid every 4 weeks - not every month. So essentially I get paid for 13months a year, twice during december... which is nice for the christmas period.

It's stupid because in both these cases, this is money that I have worked for and they owe me, but it still feels like free money!

Adari

Part of the furniture
but if you get paid every month youd get paid more, b/c if the extra couple of days, than when you get paid every 4 weeks

so how does that differ ?

or is it just me

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Adari said:
but if you get paid every month youd get paid more, b/c if the extra couple of days, than when you get paid every 4 weeks

so how does that differ ?

or is it just me
Thats what I mean, it feels like I'm being paid every month, because I recieve one payment roughly each month. Then when december comes they pay me twice, and I feel cool because I feel like I got some free money, but it isn't.

It's the same with the money from the inland revenue, its all well and good to recieve £600+ out of the lbue but it is money that I already earned an they taxed me for accidentally.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
It's like having it in the bank but not getting any interest and not being able to get it out until they tell you to. :p

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Pfft, you're just jealous that you didn't get a cheque for £642.78! :p

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:
Pfft, you're just jealous that you didn't get a cheque for £642.78! :p

I got a cheque from TV Licensing today for £121, was really happy until i read the letter that said i had been charged twice, which sent me overdrawn...which will cost me as i have no overdraft on that account :(

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
the best feeling really must be this:

Some ppl say the making love is the greatest feeling but I'd say that those ppl haven't been über eager to take a dump. Just imagine, been riding a bus for 10 hours and 5 mins after the bus started u realized u must go to the toilet. :p

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
If thats the best feeling to you, then I must miss out on alot as I live in a no-tax country :p.

Azmath/Delarith

Fledgling Freddie
u get statment from banl and take the tv licincing to small claims court and get them to pay what u o as its there fault m8

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
so in reality, what the fuck are you trying to say :eek7:

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
FoxeH said:
One month I didn't get paid for whatever reason, getting double the wage next month was nice, but the month before i was living off cans of beans and pot noodles :D

pot noodles? you live like a king dude! :)

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
BlitheringIdiot said:

i'm hoping to have a similar feeling next week when work listen to my demands for a 10k payrise and give it to me, 2 weeks before i move into my just signed for 2 bedroom loft apartment (which will have a 2mb 20:1 contention adsl line fitted by the time i move in ;) )

But i suspect only the second is actually going to happen and the first not happening will lead to me seeking employment elsewhere ;)

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
Tallen said:
I got a cheque from TV Licensing today for £121, was really happy until i read the letter that said i had been charged twice, which sent me overdrawn...which will cost me as i have no overdraft on that account :(

They should be liable for that. Get proof that they sent you overdrawn and get complaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom