best duo to fast XP in hib ?

I

Ironfoot

Decided to start a new character in Hib

I have 2 accounts so I was thinking of a eldritch and a bard duo.

Eldritch nukes the shit out of stuff and bard plays power regen / speed , throws out a few mez etc

is this gonna work or should I just go for FOTM special mana enchanter and blow the hell out of everything ?

O

opoc

Originally posted by Ironfoot
Decided to start a new character in Hib

I have 2 accounts so I was thinking of a eldritch and a bard duo.

Eldritch nukes the shit out of stuff and bard plays power regen / speed , throws out a few mez etc

is this gonna work or should I just go for FOTM special mana enchanter and blow the hell out of everything ?

Elds not so great soloing much, can be quite fast but they cant take such high lvl stuff as much. Unless light spec then can take oranges continuosly but takes alot of power....

Could always do a LW champion and a bard....or a animist and mentalist....but chanter and bard/druid is poop coz we got too much :)

O

old.Dimitris

imo one of the best combos, but not the best is VW/DRUID combo.

specially full nurture druid.

the VW can kill orange/reds non-stop when buffed to the teeth.

W

worfen

id go for light-ench / mana-ment, but it's a boring and mainstream combo... :)

A

amazingsteve

well bard/chanter combo works but we have too many of them already:eek:

T

takitothemacs

Personally in my experience a great combo is Bard/Hero that way you have buffs/speed/end and power... non stop pulling... and it works :)

M

Maeloch

Go for light ment instead of eldy imo. Keep light max'd out and u can use an orange con pet to tank and hold aggro. Collecting the ideal pets shouldn't be too much of a hassle at bard speed, and the mana cost on pets is halved in 1.62 also...

Also, experimenting with alla the diff pets while ur lvl'ing should keep things interesting ;)

But tbh, manachanter is the way to go, but you said u didn't want FotM...

Mael, 50th ment.

E

eneq

Depends

If you going for fastest way to 50 with mucho money on the ay.
Then its only 1 alternative.

Go full mana chanter + reg specced Bard.

Bard shouldnt have any music until you ding 50 then you can respecc to what you want.

You can prolly b 50 with duo in less then 4 day played if you do it good.

Funny how peeps saying /VW can pull reds nonstop/ and think thats good.

Chanter with reg specced bard can pull 8-9 orange mobs and kill them and still have 50 % mana on mage...

O

old.Greggor

Re: Depends

Originally posted by eneq

Bard shouldnt have any music until you ding 50 then you can respecc to what you want.

Cant respec at 50th noob

unless u get a respec stone ?

dont need any chanater or bards

need non buff bot druids and tanks

R

razorboy

Re: Re: Depends

Originally posted by old.Greggor
Cant respec at 50th noob

You can if you ding 50 before 1.62 hits our servers.

O

old.Dimitris

Re: Depends

Originally posted by eneq
If you going for fastest way to 50 with mucho money on the ay.
Then its only 1 alternative.

Go full mana chanter + reg specced Bard.

You can prolly b 50 with duo in less then 4 day played if you do it good.

Funny how peeps saying /VW can pull reds nonstop/ and think thats good.

Chanter with reg specced bard can pull 8-9 orange mobs and kill them and still have 50 % mana on mage...

thx for the tip on how Focus TM (boring) pulling works :clap: :clap:

We are letting people know that there are other ways around to do certain things and not get bored to death, or not using FOTM chars.

also, the nurture druid/vw combo needs only 1 person to attend while the chanter/bard combo needs 2.

thats big difference imo

F

FrenzerX

me and bro have 3 acounts together, 1 buffbot account

is there any 3man group that works well?

O

old.Ashgen

Re: Re: Depends

Originally posted by old.Dimitris
also, the nurture druid/vw combo needs only 1 person to attend while the chanter/bard combo needs 2.

thats big difference imo

Yes that is a big difference, I have to play the characters on one PC and switching from screen to screen can be a pain in the proverbial.

Knowing bugger all about specifying Hibby guys, can you please detail below the spec required for the nurture Druid and Valewalker?

Thanks

Ash

O

old.Dimitris

Druid specs full nurture (=full spec buffs)

VW specs 50 scythe 38 arboreal 20 parry.

You park druid someplace near spawn (or /stick on VW which cant happen if you use 1 pc) (level 1 druid)

You kill orange/red mobs to level 50 with the VW non-stop.

its easy

O

onionknight

how do you kill em non-stop without endbuff?
ô.Ô

B

Brunore

Originally posted by old.willowywicca
by swinging unstyled

I think DAoC 12 will be out before you hit 50 if you didnt use any styles, or do VW's do uber dmg unstyled?

M

Moody

Swinging unstyled is often faster killing than styling away then needing to sit a while to regen endurance. Me and 2 friends did it quite a few times in the wights room in Barrows (Alb) pre end regen age. 2 full shield arms, 1 sword/shield pally. Non stop killing while healchant was enough to heal the odd hit that got through the wall of guard.

O

old.Nikolas

I recently bought a 2nd account and made a druid on the Tuesday by the Thursday she was level 35 Monday 50...

That was only made possible tho because I had a level 50 nightshade doing the powerlevelling in Corus. She's sped'd very high in CD.. Well 29 more than normal, but the only down time was power from the shades pulling weeweres and abysmals.

Not sure how quickly the 2 will level each other from 1 but im sure it will be fairly fast and of course the end result is one sexy buff bot ;) and a nice cute assassins the hurts.

V

vindicat0r

Bard + < any mele class >

or

Bard + mana chanter

or

Mana ment + Mana chanter < I did this till 40+ and it r0x >

Trying a new 4 man grp atm

Bard / Druid / Eld / Enchanter.

it r0x so far :D

B

Bedroc the Hero

One great and fun combo is mana-mentalist and champ!

champ gets mr and heals. mana ment DoTs /stuns. Works really nice. Not as fast as manachanter +bard perhaps, but very fun.

Reds is no problem with these chars. easy on mana doing reds to if you HoT the champ while he rest for end.

very little downtime. fun to play

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom