Best damage output, 2h or dual wield/LA?

B

Biggilus

Just wondering how it works, mechanics wise of the game.
I know PA's have a 2h bonus, but woudl then switching to dual wield be the best option for damage? Or stickign to the two hander. Thought about PAing with dual wield so I can get some styles off quickly but there's little frontloaded in that.
Anyoen know? :)

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
Pa with @-hander then switch too duel wield.... gives best damage ;)

B

Biggilus

aye felt that was the way to go, not done any number crunching but it felt the best so far :)

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
there have been people doing that number crunching b4 ;) and as i remember it its PA then duel wield.. I do think you need a reasonably high rr to get away with the loss in spec points if you spec 2-hander..

B

Biggilus

ah right so for levelling up 2h then dual wield yep?
and high RR full 2h if i want to?

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
I only played NS so dunno exactly but i think leave 2-hand till you are rr5 or something like that. As you will need all your skillpoints for envenom, Critical strike , La , stealth And blades ;)

edit: if you like big pa's go Big on critical strike and 2-hand but i think you will gimp yourself, as you will not land pa that often in rvr...

B

Biggilus

ah yea forgot about LA :O
just gotta find me some nice +stat charge items now :)
still, for Movlik, not gonna put anythign into LA, maybe a mistake thinking about it, but thid 2h spec worked out fine :eek:

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
Biggilus said:
ah yea forgot about LA :O
just gotta find me some nice +stat charge items now :)
still, for Movlik, not gonna put anythign into LA, maybe a mistake thinking about it, but thid 2h spec worked out fine :eek:

Yeap in thid it is ace.. But dont think you will come near oneshotting a fully toad ml'd and sc'd caster ;)

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Phooka said:
Yeap in thid it is ace.. But dont think you will come near oneshotting a fully toad ml'd and sc'd caster ;)

rr4+ SBs with aug str3 and mopain2+ often 1shot casters :>

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
the speed of the first swing of the dual wield weapons you switch to after using 2 hander is the speed of the 2 hander. so the best damage per time is using only dualwield. best damage output in one hit is using 2 hander once, but over time in a longer fight then dualwield gives most damage.

B

Biggilus

Farbaute2 said:
the speed of the first swing of the dual wield weapons you switch to after using 2 hander is the speed of the 2 hander. so the best damage per time is using only dualwield. best damage output in one hit is using 2 hander once, but over time in a longer fight then dualwield gives most damage.

despite the PA 2h bonus?
not criticizing, just wondering still :)

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
Something very nice with 2hand pas is the delay of the next swing.

That may seem a very odd statement. But if you think of in terms of the person being pa-d, most know a good few tricks to avoid the following strike (CD).

Well with the delay, you have time to switch to dual wield, and open with CD. I rarely get not in view this way. If you apply a snare to the 2hander too they won't be able to wriggle out of range too :)

So my process is this...

1. 2 hand equiped, line up pa (or as close as possible in a quick situation).
2. PA and stick.
3. Immediately sprint and change to dual wield.
4. Open combat mode again with CD. If necessary unstick to get a good view if they are strafing around. Try to do this when the target is clearly in view but don't wait too long (depends on your 2h weapon spd).
5. Regardless of whether stun landed, melee down until dead. (or you die! ;) )

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
euhm? i dont get the delay part u saying once you use 2hander u keep that wep spd even when you switched too DW or only until you land the next swing(wich is basicly what i think i know)?
And isnt it best too land the pa followup with the 2 hander then switch too DW and gofor a positional like side or someting?

B

Biggilus

its true PA with a 2h weapon the delay i 5.0 or whatever despite having dual wield out, woudl be cheating otherwise :p

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
the delay of 5.0 seconds is not when the sword is swinging, it is between swings. and after using 2 hander with 5.0 speed once there will be 5 seconds to next swing regardless of what weapons you use. it works the other way around also. if you open pa with dualwield you can do the followerstyle with a 2 hander 1.5 seconds after if you can switch weapons fast enough, and you can if you just put all styles and weapons near eachother on same quickbar.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Farbaute2 said:

no, best is to PA with 2h since it got huge 2h boost last patch.

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
no, best is to PA with 2h since it got huge 2h boost last patch.

ok but how much do yo need to spec it for max damage? Lets say rr3 sb
38 2-hand + 13 ? and 50 CS or 50 +13 2_hand..

B

Biggilus

btw since ive got zero in LA, woudl it be wise to just stick with a 2h for now?

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
I stopped using 2h as the speed for getting in the next style is so long, and because it rarely hits against other stealthers. ONLY time I use 2h is if i'm sure I could 1 or 2 shot a caster, which is rare and proberly not possible at my RR with my RAs. :)

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Biggilus said:
btw since ive got zero in LA, woudl it be wise to just stick with a 2h for now?

for levelling, best spec I can recommend is full weapon (sword) and full Envenom, bringing up LA or CS once you start getting free points.

B

Biggilus

axe at the mo, respeccing to sword at 40 (any technical reason why i shouldnt do this? i just dont like PAing with an axe, seems messy :p)
full env you say? im lvl 29 at the mo, got enough items to cap out +env, taking env to 32? 33? nto even began to look at end-game specs with RRx

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
definetly should look at specs, cos most stop env at 31-35. But yeh definetly env is the best for levelling. The wep/con debuff and dots really help loads.

B

Biggilus

still woudl ike to know since i have 0 in LA, whether i should stick with purely 2h levelling up :O
im guessing yes? :D

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno about leveling up. Does it matter much in Moderna? :)

For RvR... yeah, you need left axe then. Recent tests actually suggests a pure shadowzerker setup would be preferable (at least until RR5).

B

Biggilus

dont spose it does matter for levelling up you're right, feels quicker with a 2hander right now, guess i can count how many times the mob hits me during a fight and figure it out for my lazy dumb self :p
and pure SZ til rr5? really?

B

Biggilus

and just on another note, how many extra skill points do you get from auto training stealth to 48 is it? currently did it to 24 a la Thidranki, only lvl 29, was wondering if i should reroll since i now have lvl 50 in mind (and spec up pure env+weapon, auto training stealth to 48)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom