Best classes in this atm

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Pretty much all melee classes, all have their strength and weaknesses. Anyway as a thane, I've found mercs and reavers to be the toughest opponents generally. When I play my spear valkyrie (and 2h savage I expect, as with 2h classes generally) I don't have that much trouble with mercs, but shield tanks are generally tough. I had a berserker in thid long ago, and I can't remember really having trouble with any class, suppose it's the same with a H2H savage. :)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I quiet enjoy a skald in Thid as its a nice viable solo class and i really cba making a boring bonedancer ... Got 400+ kills on my 24 Dwarf Skald in 4 days playing 2h a nite or so in auru level 30 gear (Anyone remember Facsination ?o0) ... Rerolled troll tho (Momentum) and making a template atm for 250 str and capped resists etc +13 qui cap etc

But thats just from a Mid PoV tbh ... and generally i just get zerged down ... if u wanna know who to duel u just have to build up a rep or non adding fg zerging :D

Blythete

Fledgling Freddie
iv tryed that rep for about 3-4 weeks now on my Zerker Zerkerman and still i get adds but not shore if thats coz o1 beats me 1on1 =P

gohan

FH is my second home
im the toughtest melee class.... not my hunter.... just me \0/

for alb id say without a doubt a crush merc

hib probly a LW/spear hero as they got mini IP

mid savage? maybe zerker with vendo up

Alliandro

Fledgling Freddie
Albion - crushmerc / reaver

Midgard - zerker / skald

Hibernia - champion / hero

Dorimor1

Banned
For Albion, well a Crush paladin is extremely hard to take down with super AF and nice 6 second stun. Crush mercs are good aswell with DT aswell. Pole/Crush armsman are also very very nasty but as Alliandro said Reaver is always a tough one to beat.

For Midgard, well imo from my experience (this is in Thid, not sure whether it applies to 50 RvR) Mid tanks aren't as good as Alb or Hib. I guess your best chance is a Skald or well templated Zerker. And no Gohan you're not the toughest melee class, infact, to but it bluntly you're pretty aweful.

For le Hibernia, well style-wise BMs are great, LW Hero's are very nice aswell and ofcourse Vampiirs are always hard to take down. Champions are quite good.

Oh Punishment, not being harsh here but 400 kills in 4 days is really, really bad. Should be getting atleast 200-300, and ofcourse 400+ a day if you are a Bonedancer xD

gohan

FH is my second home
Dorimor1 said:
And no Gohan you're not the toughest melee class, infact, to but it bluntly you're pretty aweful.

firstly it was tounge in cheek but ur to retared to get that, secondly seeing as u only play mid an the 1 time u played alb v me all u did was chase me in a trio from apk to mpk an not even get the kill i dont see how u can rate me in any way good or bad ^^

Dorimor1 said:
Oh Punishment, not being harsh here but 400 kills in 4 days is really, really bad. Should be getting atleast 200-300, and ofcourse 400+ a day if you are a Bonedancer xD
prehaps he plays thid fo fun an not to be the uber leet pwnage dh00m dancer that every 1 loves a respects?

prehaps, unlike u, he has the balls to venture into big boy RvR.... just maybe

Dorimor1

Banned
Firstly my comment was a tounge in cheek but you're too much of a retard to get that. xD

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
Blythete said:
iv tryed that rep for about 3-4 weeks now on my Zerker Zerkerman and still i get adds but not shore if thats coz o1 beats me 1on1 =P
i admit you are tough but alliandro beat u down :D so some ppl can take u :D ( i cant :/, just u wait i will 1 day :p )

Alliandro

Fledgling Freddie
ye but dont worry zerkerman ... playing my skald atm so i am on ur side xD

Skidlee

Fledgling Freddie
Hey Zerkerman I watched a melee ranger EviltryX kill you a couple of times, I killed you twice in duels on my NS without stealth, although to be fair first time you went vendo so I thought if you get to use your class ability I do, I snared and ran to stealth so you chased me thinking free kill with bearmode right into a nice PA :) you aint so tough. :p

Infact i watched you die quite a bit the night we were all dueling at end of MB.

Disclaimer: This is a light hearted post i am NOT claiming to be able to kill you or anyone all the time geez chill before you start :p

DirtyShade lvl24 nightshade
Dirtyshrooms lvl24 Animist
Dirtyranger lvl23 ranger

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Toughest melee class I ever fought would have been a savage or Blokkie(?!) the Thane..

There were also this one hero I just couldn't get down with my reaver!

Not to brag, but I won 8 out of 10 duels with my reaver when I played thid! Really op char with 6sec stun and indigo :) Only thing I really couldn't beat was a strafing bd :wanker:

Dorimor1

Banned
CorNokZ said:
Only thing I really couldn't beat was a strafing bd :wanker:

That's because like 99.9% of the population you went for the Bonedancer and not the healer/commander?

krall

Fledgling Freddie
alb) Clerik AF boof:twak: - and crush spec's
mid) Skald

Hib) Pirce BM - Vampiir

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Mid:
I actually find my cave shammy as quite good 1 vs 1. Also drains
alot of power healing when getting off a good AE DoT. :)
Saving for WP2 now. My name on shammy is Lildot.

Alb:
Reaver

Hib:
Vamp

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
run a warden if u dont have a bb... I gave several boofed tanks a run for their money with him especially now they can spec shield /flex

Or try a VW; ull need descent gear and boofs though but lotsa fun those 2..

Playing a reaver, crush merc, skald or polearms is just playing an OP char requiring as much skill as playing a bonedancer. If that is your thing get too it ;) if not try something more challenging like a unboofed warden or friar xD

Alliandro

Fledgling Freddie
Phooka said:
run a warden if u dont have a bb... I gave several boofed tanks a run for their money with him especially now they can spec shield /flex

Or try a VW; ull need descent gear and boofs though but lotsa fun those 2..

Playing a reaver, crush merc, skald or polearms is just playing an OP char requiring as much skill as playing a bonedancer. If that is your thing get too it ;) if not try something more challenging like a unboofed warden or friar xD

dunno but u ever seen an unbuffed friar or warden ?

Boa

Fledgling Freddie
Sean said:
i admit you are tough but alliandro beat u down :D so some ppl can take u :D ( i cant :/, just u wait i will 1 day :p )

what u mean with that :D? ive keeld him on my unbuffed mincer, when it was 2 zerkers vs me at same time :p my merc mercboa prolly owns u

TriggerHappy

Fledgling Freddie
Dorimor1 said:
For Albion, well a Crush paladin is extremely hard to take down with super AF and nice 6 second stun. Crush mercs are good aswell with DT aswell. Pole/Crush armsman are also very very nasty but as Alliandro said Reaver is always a tough one to beat.

For Midgard, well imo from my experience (this is in Thid, not sure whether it applies to 50 RvR) Mid tanks aren't as good as Alb or Hib. I guess your best chance is a Skald or well templated Zerker. And no Gohan you're not the toughest melee class, infact, to but it bluntly you're pretty aweful.

For le Hibernia, well style-wise BMs are great, LW Hero's are very nice aswell and ofcourse Vampiirs are always hard to take down. Champions are quite good.

well played SB > All

and thats easy for u to say dori,wit ur OP'd classes of doom :p
but 100 is a nice average for a solo tank imo,i used to average 100-130 on SB ne way

Jor

Fledgling Freddie
can't really comment on 1:1 because most of the time I tried a 1:1 some1 else added (mostly from the leftover realm) and killed both of us. Grrrrrr

Can understand that if I pop an Infil his/her mate will add and the two will spank me... fine.

But upon seeing a clear 1 vs. 1 please stand back and at least wait a bit.

Playing Mid atm with my Valky so this is mostly towards Alb/Hib and from the last days in BG1... but I am sure Mids do it too - I know :(

Just remember that you don't like it when you are on the receiving end and take a second to watch before you steamroll the duelling players.

As for the question... hm:

- crush mercenaries hitting hard and I hate those friars that evade 3 hits in a row and whack their staff on me ;)
- everything 2H is merely a question about my defense - if I manage some blocks/parries I win big. If not - they spank me hard.
- haven't done a 1:1 on a vamp with my valky but should be interesting
- assasins... high DOT is nasty combined with the good evade of the infil/ns. damage-wise it's so-so between the two of us

I still can't understand why theurgs always have a good chance to kite me - must be me... :D silly ice-pets...

See you in BG1!

Boa

Fledgling Freddie
those who say u get about 100 per day, is that as an 20hours adding, as im playing merc, only get about about 30 kills in 1hour.. but im looking for 1on1, if not i dont add like hell so i get wiped by fg's alot-.- but thats life:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom