Best before date.

Maxgirth

Fledgling Freddie
Why oh why, isn`t the best before date, enscribed on the 1st place, you always look at 1st, whilst looking for the best before date?

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
hmm... at least most stuff got something down at the ingredients area which say: "Best before: see top"

I've also seen big boxes of <say> cereals where it just say: "best before: see box"
Now that's annoying... finally found the see <thingy> line and they refer you to anywhere on the box.. ofcourse those lines are only on boxes with either a very dark print on it, or a very mixed colorfull print so you can hardly see the tiny black dateprint :S

Maxgirth

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:

You pick up an item, look on the lid say, for the best before date, it says " look at base for best before date", when the best place for said information, is where you looked 1st, so imo, stick the best before date in the most logic place ;)

Maxgirth

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
"best before: see box"
Now that's annoying...

My point entirely, stick the date, right there beside " best before", or don`t bother having a best before notice,without the best before date beside it, it`s a complete waste, of a best before spam, imo. :cheers:

Mairghead

Fledgling Freddie
Almost as irritating as the boxes of fragile things, like a nice fresh cheesecake for example, which say Keep Upright....on the bottom of the box. The only people daft enough to need the warning have already spoiled the goods by the time they get to see it!

Or as mind bogglingly obvious as the packets of peanuts which say Caution: Contains Nuts.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol McDonalds had to put "caution Hot!" on their hot chocolate as some daft bat didnt realise that hot chocolate was hot and burnt themselves (in america)... however they should be forced to put on their burgers "warning may contain some slight traces of meat"

always wondered about mineral water, takes 3000 years to trickle up through a volcano then as soon as its stuck in a bottle its suddenly got a best before date on it, go figure.

Maxgirth

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:
lol McDonalds had to put "caution Hot!" on their hot chocolate as some daft bat didnt realise that hot chocolate was hot and burnt themselves (in america)... however they should be forced to put on their burgers "warning may contain some slight traces of meat"

always wondered about mineral water, takes 3000 years to trickle up through a volcano then as soon as its stuck in a bottle its suddenly got a best before date on it, go figure.

Bit sceptical about the whole mineral water thing, evain spelt backwards is?:)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Maxgirth said:
You pick up an item, look on the lid say, for the best before date, it says " look at base for best before date", when the best place for said information, is where you looked 1st, so imo, stick the best before date in the most logic place ;)

ah yes, bit silly indeed ^^

Kyra

Longtime Songbird
Speaking of mind boggling, here in Oregon we can't pump our own gas (petrol).

Apparantly the story goes like this: About 10 or so years ago some moron was smoking while pumping his gas. Now despite the big huge signs that say NO SMOKING, this man wasn't convinced. Somehow he caught himself on fire and died (pretty sure he died anyway). So does his family accept that this man is a dumb ass? NO. They sue instead. (ahh us Americans, always ready to make a buck from others' disasters).

So now, we can't pump our own gas, it has to be pumped by attendants. Oh and even better, these educationally challenged attendants (okay that's not nice, but it rings true for 90%) will deliberately pump more gas then you ask for unless you watch them like a hawk.

If I was a suspicious person, I would yell conspiracy! :D

Maxgirth

Fledgling Freddie
Kyra said:
Speaking of mind boggling, here in Oregon we can't pump our own gas (petrol).

Am I the only one who finds this statement somewhat sexual? :p

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Maxgirth said:
Am I the only one who finds this statement somewhat sexual? :p
dont talk to me about pumping gas man, my bf just dropped one while sat on me :eek7:

Kyra

Longtime Songbird
LOL Max!

And I thought I was the queen of taking anything, no matter how innocent, and making something dirty out of it.

Its a rare talent, I know, also one that isn't in great demand in the working world. If only it was, then I'd be a rich woman :)

P.S. No I won't play with your hose :D

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Ezteq said:
dont talk to me about pumping gas man, my bf just dropped one while sat on me :eek7:

Thats alot more info then anyone needed.. :eek6:

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
if they changed the best before see: people wouldn't find the date and get confused ;<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom