Berserkers and Shadowzerkers dehaste your LA!

M

Melachi-

Right, ive gone over this in my head hundreds of times and allways taught I was wrong, but now ive either forgotten an obvious mistake or something because it seems to make sense :)

First off, what this will achieve is much lower enduarance usage on styles. This will be especially nice for SB's since most zerkers will be grouped but I warn you, this will suck for PA damage, its a lose lose situation for PA'ing, so switch back to normal setup for PA.

Ok, imagine this. Norse Berserker with 60quickness, no haste ra's or buffs.

In main hand he has a MP Cleaver (16.5dps, 4.0speed, 100qual/con)
In off hand he has MP WBA (16.5dps, 2.9speed, 100qual/con)

Therefore his swing speed is now, 3.45

Lets assume hes using a new style, with a groth rate of 0.50

So he swings (assuming 4.0 weap hits for 40 damage, and 2.9 weap hits for 29 damage, and style damage will be half the swing time)

MH hits for 40base damage
MH hits for (3.45speed swing time styled damage) 17.25style damage
OH hits for 29base damage

Total damage of: 86.25

Now lets reverse this, and dehaste our main hand.

Mainhand is now the WBA, and offhand is now the Cleaver

MH hits for 29 base damage
MH hits for (3.45speed swing time styled damage) 17.25style damage
OH hits for 40base damage

Total damage of: 86.25

Now since they both do the same damage in the same ammount of time, people ask, wheres the advantage? Well endurance cost for dual wield types is taken from the MH speed, therefore you will do the the same damage, in the same swing speed, for less endurance.

Things to be carefull with:
Dump that hand-axe, do not use it as a main-hand, as its lower dps was previously only hurting base damage, but now it will also hurt your style damage, get a WBA instead.

PA damage, dont use it with this setup, reason why is because PA doesnt calculate its damage in the same way as normal styles, its all about base damage. So using the slow MH fast OH will get you a harder hit in the same time for PA and BS styles.

Btw, please be aware I might be wrong. Im currently under the beleife that Haste, quickness, De-haste ect.. only affect style damage, not base damage.

O

old.Maronan

Problem is, that the off-hands to-hit modifier is unstyled and thus misses more often. So, you miss with the high damage dealing axe more often. Ouch! :)

Get some end pots instead, support your local alchemist :)

M

Mikal

the whole idea of the LA haste effect is that the style damage is based on the main hand speed ONLY, not the average speed of the two weapons

M

mavericky

However this method does work work perfectly for CD and DW classes :(

K

klavrynd

no, as you don't allways swing offhand in cd/dw (especially in lower specs)

M

mavericky

but in the high DW/CD specs it is meant to work like a dream, not to hot on nightshades though due to lack of spec points to get CD high enough

M

Melachi-

Nope from what I can see its a bad idea for any dual wielder, as the Haste LA/DW/CD generate is difirent to standard quickness type haste or haste buff.

Quickness or haste buffs will make your style damage decrease in ratio to new swing speed, but your base damage will stay the same.

LA/DW/CD haste doesnt affect main hand base damage or style damage. I.E. imagine with XX Style, you swing for 150 with mainhand cleaver, now you equip a WBA in offhand, so your swing speed has lowered, you will still hit for 150 on main hand afaik

S

sugah

Yup your workings are wrong :(. As said the style damage is calculated off the main hand weapon and not average of the 2. The haste effect comes from the delay speed been taken from either the Main hand or the off hand speed.

K

klavrynd

style damage is based on delay and dps of your main hand weapon, whereas offhand allways swings unstyled

i think (!) endurance cost depends on the delay of the weapon (low delays have lower end costs)

LA/DW/CD haste doesnt affect main hand base damage or style damage

bollocks
i don't know for dw/cd but la starts of with (roughly) 60% base damage + 0.25% per spec point , which is why i allways said that you're gimping yourself with low la spec (as opposed to cd/dc) and that you're better off with onehander + shield

anyhow, damage gain or not, snowballs go a long way if you give them a scarf in hell

M

Melachi-

Originally posted by klavrynd
bollocks
i don't know for dw/cd but la starts of with (roughly) 60% base damage + 0.25% per spec point , which is why i allways said that you're gimping yourself with low la spec (as opposed to cd/dc) and that you're better off with onehander + shield

Originally posted by Melachi-
LA/DW/CD haste doesnt affect main hand base damage or style damage.

Christ what the fuck is it with people on these forums, can you not read? I didnt say LA spec doesnt affect main hand base damage or style damage. I said... LA HASTE doesnt affect main hand base damage or style damage im led to believe. Understand? The haste effect from using a fast offhander slow mainhander. Im so sick of this

READ, THEN READ IT AGAIN PLEASE, AND THEN THIRD TIMES A CHARM, READ IT ONCE MORE, THEN REPLY.

M

Melachi-

Originally posted by klavrynd
ye well its still a silly idea :))
`

Sorry flipped out :p
but people on these forums tend to ignore things alot lol
and it wasnt a silly idea imo :p

H

Hendel_Torr

i thought weight of the weppon had an effect too?

C

civy

Weapon colour also has an effect. Red weapon dye is proven to give up to a 3dps additional damage.
All the savages should prepare for the coming nerf by farming red weapon dyes immediately.

S

scarffs

Well, especially the looks of your weapon matter.
If your weapon is bigger and better looking then your opponents weap, you should win.

J

Jaem

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm in this thread? ;P

Users who are viewing this thread