Belt of Sun weapons

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
When you use Belt of Sun to create weapons as an infiltrator, do you get 2 weapons? And can you get them in thrust-version, or are they always slash?

Thanks in advance :)

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
Equador said:
When you use Belt of Sun to create weapons as an infiltrator, do you get 2 weapons? And can you get them in thrust-version, or are they always slash?

Thanks in advance :)

One of each, thrust/slash well it is on my scout

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Depending on the class, you get 1 per weapon line.

For my scout as an example, I get 1xSlash 1xThrust 1xBow. :)

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, thanks - What about stats? I know you get + strength on the slash version, but do you get + dexterity on the thrust?

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Yeps,

Slash = Str
Thrust = Dex
Bow = Dex

Dunno about other classes, but I'd imagine the same, like hammer being str too and so on.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Can always reuse it more than 15 minutes later for the second, I guess.

Darzil

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Such stealing parts of my signature, Thadius. :p

Aragyn

Fledgling Freddie
Not much use using it in PvP though, cause if you die at night you'd have to respawn them, and that takes a while.

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
You could get 2 crafted weapons to take their places :)

Aragyn

Fledgling Freddie
Well, you could, but kinda negates the idea of the proc in them :p And im not sure if +dmg etc works in RvR, but you'll loose that, so if you're going to craft, make a template and just SC them in, would get alot better utility...

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
It's not as a full replacement, just a temporary switch until you have the weapon(s)

Aragyn

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, but imagine you get one sword, then you die at night, and have to wait a looooong time for a new one, and chances are you're dead untill they're both back up :p

Aragyn

Fledgling Freddie
They go away if you port at night? And anyway that sounds a bit boring :p

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Thought they only dissappeared if the user logs or dies at night.

Aragyn

Fledgling Freddie
Quite possible, i've never used them, so i don't know, but imagine zoning for PvE each time you die in RvR, wont give much PvP :p So i'd recommend you to use something else in RvR, malice/battler for example, or traitors might be easier to get, or LWs, personally i'd not go with sun weaps...

Or if you're a inf LW's should work quite well, also GS and Croc dagger, though harder to get a hold of are better.

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
You're right, and I'm sure there are tons of weapons that are better. But Belt of Sun = unlimited amount of weapons for free...never worry about loss of durability

Aragyn

Fledgling Freddie
True, but artis will be repairable soon ;) And I dont think it's worth it, ofc, if it works for you, great! :)

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Quite sure it summons an offhand blade and a mainhand for dual wielders..

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Ogen said:
Quite sure it summons an offhand blade and a mainhand for dual wielders..

It doesn't. The weapon it summons is offhand useable; but it only summons 1 of each type (crush/slash/thrust). In order to dualwield 2 of em you need to summon twice, and thus wait out the timer of the artifact.

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
As in it summons 2 weapons at once? If I checked VoS properly ( there's a screenie there ) every weapon it makes can also be used in the offhand ( unless it's a 2-handed or something unusable to dual wielders ) so you'd just create 2 offhand weapons.

Bloodclot

Banned
Jaem- said:
Yeps,

Slash = Str
Thrust = Dex
Bow = Dex

Dunno about other classes, but I'd imagine the same, like hammer being str too and so on.

thrust is str/dex

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
It doesn't. The weapon it summons is offhand useable; but it only summons 1 of each type (crush/slash/thrust). In order to dualwield 2 of em you need to summon twice, and thus wait out the timer of the artifact.

Missed your post earlier, you were too quick :p

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Aragyn said:
Yeah, but imagine you get one sword, then you die at night, and have to wait a looooong time for a new one, and chances are you're dead untill they're both back up :p

sun swords are underestimated. even though having them up all the time is difficult, 6% damage on each sword is pretty good, they are MP with infinite dur, and energy debuff, energy is also rarely capped, and has no weakness vs other armour. imo its a good main hander to use, remember that if u die at night and lose the sword, /release house, port toa, summon sword, go back to frontiers (about the same amount of time it takes for rez sick to wear off)

use sun weap main hand on my inf, rarely saw above 10% resist, often 350+ main hand after debuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom