Belt of Moon/Sun

ibes_aka_nyd

Fledgling Freddie
Need some more information about belt of moon(BoM)/sun(BoS) artifact.

Try to get the BoM last night and after going to the island at night, I got 2 kill protectors of light (was expecting protectors of dark as it is night, for BoM).

After killing them all and getting key of sun, I put me pet (I’m a 50 necro) on passive and walked as far as I could toward the pedestal, then told him 2 go 2 target b4 loosing control, 2 take aggro and went to pedestal, click on it and then tried 2 used the key, but was told its alrdy on a platform (or something like that) and I died.

My questions are:

1. do u get the BoS at night and BoM during day? Was expecting the opposite meself but wouldn’t matter.

2. are the belt on the pedestal of the same island u kill protectors, or have u got 2 try them all? And if u got 2 try them all, is there a time 2 check or once u got key, u can try till u get it?

3. have I got 2 use key 2 get belt or do I get when I walk 2 the center because I’ve got the key.

Hope this make sense!!! :eek7:
Ne informations, more than welcome. :cheers:

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
where you killed the protectors of the dark/light, the belt should just be on the pedestal but by using the key it should spawn the belt if it isn't there. time of day has no bearing on whether either belt is up (they can be both up on different islands).

ibes_aka_nyd

Fledgling Freddie
thx for response.

does that nmeans that because i got message saying alrdy on platform, the belt was either there alrdy or some1 else made it spawn on a different island?
:cheers:

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
from what you are saying it sounds like the belt was right on the platform, all you needed to do was target it and get it.

you should still have your key tho and can go spawn it and pick it up any time you fancy afaik.

Wuntvor

Fledgling Freddie
also you can't target the belt using F7 you need to mouse click on it. I discovered this one the hard way :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
belt of sun and belt of moon are two different encounters

if the "protectors of light" are there it's the belt of the sun - check one of the other islands.

ibes_aka_nyd

Fledgling Freddie
thx all 4 response.

and i know they r different encounters, just thought they were somehow related (ie 1 at night - moon and 1 during day - sun) :cheers:

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Ive heard that the moonbelt only spawns when the sunbelt has been up for alil while, but that might be a myth. What is true is that moonbelt is alil more rare than sunbelt. Just check all 3 islands and hope for the best.
And just to clarify - you dont need to "use" the key you get, just have it in your inventory and grab the belt of the pedestal.

Oldleaf

Fledgling Freddie
I noticed while waiting for the Moon Belt the Sun Belt was up more times, the two times the Moon Belt was up the Sun Belt was up to, coinfidence maybe i cant say.

Comrades of Camelot

Fledgling Freddie
Oldleaf said:
I noticed while waiting for the Moon Belt the Sun Belt was up more times, the two times the Moon Belt was up the Sun Belt was up to, coinfidence maybe i cant say.

so far every time i've camped there (been helping most of my guild get either the moon or sun belt) i've noticed that sun belt spawns 2 or 3 times to the moon belts 1. Also it appears that the moon belt comes up a couple of minutes after the sun belt comes up for the last time in the cycle (has confused himself now)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom