Beginning SWG

Fram

Fledgling Freddie
lo all, i just bought SWG but is it worth playing? :)

And when i start, wich is the best server and class to start?

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Euro-Chimera is the most populated euro server, but without the insane economy the US ones have!

There's a sticky thread that gives good advice to starting players as to the profs they should have. Marksman(or Brawler)/Scout/Medic is quite self suffucient. Start with scout that way you get a generic crafting tool.

My advice is to get hunting in groups as soon as poss, squill groups on tatooine are a good start.

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Fram said:
lo all, i just bought SWG but is it worth playing? :)

What kind of moronic question is that? Seriously.

Lets start having DAoC type discussions here.
We shall discuss what spec is most uber in PvP next. :rolleyes:

pig

Fledgling Freddie
Start on Farstar, Naboo... Get artisan / scout and marksman and go kill thousands of kaduu's and sell me the avain meat you harvest ;)

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
Liek (sic) the Sig Uncle Sick :)
Fram, Farstar is not a bad place to start, read the sticky above it has some good info. Mostly remember it's a game and any Avian meat should be sold to me at 6 credits per unit even if piggy offers you more :p

Later

Fram

Fledgling Freddie
Uncle Sick said:
What kind of moronic question is that? Seriously.

Lets start having DAoC type discussions here.
We shall discuss what spec is most uber in PvP next. :rolleyes:

well i bouht it a few months ago but some ppl say its better then daoc and other say its crap :>

and about wanting to be uber, i just wanna be albe to kill something, not dying off a 'green con' should be fun :p
And the reason i stopped playing daoc is because you had to be uber specced, and you had to have uber armor and weapons if you want a grp and now with toa and the ml's it was a good time to stop.

pig

Fledgling Freddie
Gengi said:
Liek (sic) the Sig Uncle Sick :)
Fram, Farstar is not a bad place to start, read the sticky above it has some good info. Mostly remember it's a game and any Avian meat should be sold to me at 6 credits per unit even if piggy offers you more :p

Later
oi the Avian is mine :D

actually some guy offered me naboo avian at 100 cpu...
really wish we had player bountys... would have asked the BH to say "so you wanna charge stupid prices now son?" as he DB :D

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
Pig, there is a player bounty system in place.
It is run by a chap called Bucke' Thead, he is an Imp I think in TDV but his bounty system is open to all players. I will go look for a link.
Player bounty system on Farstar

Apparently they have more marks than Hunters ;)

Later

pig

Fledgling Freddie
hehe buck'es bounty would work for this guy as he's not part of it :/

the guys in Chaolt city have just started a MBH only guild an they will be joining in the system soon i think... its more of a rp thing for the MBH that are bored of running the pointless npc missions

i spent most of today killing random crap on naboo an ended up with about 2k avain, went home to chaolt an found its just as gash as every other avain spawn at the moment :/ (706 base buff packs with 20 odd charges... 8000 odd duration) definatly not worth 100 cpu

i did have a bit of fun tryin to kill a giant peko peko albatross... but the bastard had ar2 an 100% kinetic resists :) i had to run in the end before i wore out my VK's :p

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Fram said:
well i bouht it a few months ago but some ppl say its better then daoc and other say its crap :>

and about wanting to be uber, i just wanna be albe to kill something, not dying off a 'green con' should be fun :p
And the reason i stopped playing daoc is because you had to be uber specced, and you had to have uber armor and weapons if you want a grp and now with toa and the ml's it was a good time to stop.

He meant why buy a game you arent sure you want to play or not.

Agree about DAoC tho, but ToA is actually superb, just a shame about ML's spoiling it.

Fram

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
He meant why buy a game you arent sure you want to play or not.
Cause i have to much money to spent :p

silv^

Fledgling Freddie
does this galaxies game still have a free month type thing going for starters?

silv^

Fram

Fledgling Freddie
Yes you have a first free month, but when you submit you have to pay a month also, so you have 2 months to play when you start, 1 free, 1 payable

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom