Been said before, needs to be said again... - Reavers in RvR

acei

Fledgling Freddie
I dinged my reaver 50 2 days ago :) was loving the character totally especially now i have Leviathan i thought "hey, i'll turn this into my main char and go Emain with him".

Boy was i wrong...

Since dinging 50 i've tried 2 nights on the run to get a Emain group, any group at all at primetime, i tried for over an hour on Sunday... in the end i gave up and duo'ed in Odin's with a guildy.

Monday i tried again, waited 20mins (there was no way i was waiting an hour again) still no group so i joined 2 guildies.

Why is it so hard for reavers to get groups?

Advantages:
Shield
Parry
Evade 1
Rear style that does 100-450 dmg (usually alot more than 300)
Slam (for most reavers)
2 forms of melee damage (crush or slash)
AE-PBAOE-debuffs (which do not break mezz and lower the ABS)
AE-PBAOE-dd (although can break mezz makes for a great way to find stealthers or to force unstealthing so they can't PA)
instant-DoT
instant-lifetap
minor-weaponproc-lifetap

Disadvantages:
Hybrid HP
No determination

I'd just love to know why reavers don't get RvR pick-up groups? Because of no det you give up the possibility of one of the albs only overpowered classes? Almost everyone breaks CC in RvR so no det is a lame excuse if that is the reason.

Gorre

Fledgling Freddie
cuz reavers dont have acces to det
and sorc is first to die wich leaves mincer to demezz in most grps?

as many ppl said before if reavers would have acces to det it would be the best tank/hybrid in game
alot of ppl dont realise it wich is a shame

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
My last char spot's a reaver, hope that det nerf is coming up...

Sepiritz

Fledgling Freddie
After playing reaver in rvr for a while I have to agree with the general oppinion, its not ultimate group material atm. However, their damage is awesome and its the best solo character I have ever played.
I could often beat an sb duo without using any active RAs if they didnt land a PA, and if I know theyre there I easily break their stealth with a pbaoedd pulse.
I have even beat nightshades several realmranks higher then me unstyled, got 4 slams evaded and then just kept on swinging and shouting my pbaoe pulses as often as I could, and won.
Reaver is undoubtedly an amazing character. With purge up hes definitely grouping material but when its down he tends to stand there watching the fight for minutes..

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
who cares pick up groups suck anyways

however, I highly suspect that any rr1.x tank yelling LFG in emain apk is going to struggle to get a group?

acei

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
however, I highly suspect that any rr1.x tank yelling LFG in emain apk is going to struggle to get a group?
Dunno, you should ask the 20-30 merc's/paladin's/armsman that are RR1-2 and left APK grouped while i was left standing at APK.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
20-30 rr 1-2 mercs and arms? seriously doubt it. You cannot compair a paladin to a reaver, come on. Why not make your own group? Until the det issue is sorted out, you are not as viable as a merc/arms. Especially against mid groups where root owns you.

Kian

Fledgling Freddie
I've been running my reaver fairly frequently with AoP's guild group recently.

Yes, you will find yourself standing there drooling fairly frequently (even with Purge... you're going to get CC'd a lot more often than once every 30 minutes)

On the other hand, you'll earn your keep when the mezz wears off. AoP groups tend to be caster heavy and have a good paladin covering the defence while I go off and annoy the enemy support classes - high damage positionals, slam, instas and auras give me a good set of tools for doing that. If we find ourselves loaded up with tanks and I'm working as part of an assist train... well, those positionals, slam and the absorb debuff aura are pretty good there too.

Lack of det hurts most in single fg fights where the affair tends to get settled pretty quickly. As soon as things get bigger and more complicated, you have a chance to come back from being mezzed and shine.

Chances are Frontiers will make this det apartheid obsolete anyway, you may as well get some practice in now before all the fotm reavers come along when that happens :)

Elahim

Fledgling Freddie
We used the 2 merc 1 reaver setup a few nights last week, and it worked really well. Maybe we were lucky with someone breaking CC on the reaver when his purge was down, or our mincer/sorc did a uber job demezzing ;) but offensive slam in assisttrain rock, and not to mention leviathan :clap:

Elahim

Fledgling Freddie
Oh and another thing!
The PBAOE DD chant is SO nice vs PBAOE boxes, it really helped shetloads.
And so did the PBAOE debuff, made us mercs hit alot harder.

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
you forget 1 very important thing about reavers...

Imho they are better drivers than minser ....

Spiritraiser often drive our groups (sadly we do melee groups to rare)
with a 1500 range instant he can force the enemy CC'er to use his own instant CC or get mezzed.

Ghostfeet

Fledgling Freddie
imo their aint any room for a reaver in a good alb setup. which imo is 2 mercs and 1 theurg, switch the theurg for a reaver and ur interupt becomes crappy or switch him for a merc and ur fooked with only 1 det tank.

im not saying that reavers suck tho atm they r not that viable in an rvr grp as a merc.

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
alb1: should we try something new today?
alb2: no ffs nothing new, then we might ehumm.. lose!!
alb1: we can atleast try it?
alb2: NO FFS NO NEW THINGS!
:eek:

Tilda

Elahim said:
Oh and another thing!
The PBAOE DD chant is SO nice vs PBAOE boxes, it really helped shetloads.
And so did the PBAOE debuff, made us mercs hit alot harder.
You should tell your reaver that all 3 chants interupt.
Only 1 breaks mez however, so if mez lands, he can run in and twist dps debuff and absorb debuff and not worry about breaking mez, if they group purge he should twist all 3 to prevent all casting xD

It annoys me to see noob reavers (not in any way aimed at BoB's reavers) running about with pbaoe DD chant on breaking mez and root wherever they run just on the off chance they might find a stealther who dosn't know to run away from red circles of death ;)

Tilda

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
its not so much the mes that owns reavers, as any competant grp will Demess u fast. its more of the fact that root will totally own you, and against mid grps that almost a certainty, save purge for that. and 2 mercs and a reaver can work reallly well- with levi and the 3 chants interrupting :)

reaver is also the best solo class in the game imo, expect bd shit.

Arezina

Fledgling Freddie
Same problem with friar , nerf the crap out of Determination please :puke:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Ghostfeet said:
im not saying that reavers suck tho atm they r not that viable in an rvr grp as a merc.

says the fotm merc ;)

3 reavers for teh win.

Kenshee Himura

Fledgling Freddie
Imo it depends how good the reaver player can evade the mezz zone.
My pala doesnt have det and yet i dont get mezzed that often since i try to move out of mezz radius to spare purge when it's urgent.
But I gues you cant help it. Excalibur is a FOTM server and nothing else goes here

acei

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
You cannot compair a paladin to a reaver, come on.
Mythic has placed reavers and paladins in exactly the same catergory... "Hybrid". Paladins have the same flaws as reavers e.g. low base HP and no det. Only thing i cannot compare a reaver to a paladin for is that reaver is alot more useful at doing damage.

I'm seeing alot of support for reavers on this thread... so why are reavers constantly getting turned down for RvR groups if you guys like them so much? :eek6:

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
Divinia said:
alb1: should we try something new today?
alb2: no ffs nothing new, then we might ehumm.. lose!!
alb1: we can atleast try it?
alb2: NO FFS NO NEW THINGS!
:eek:
because that is so unique to alb ~~

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Did you hear that PALADINS are the only Albion class with GROUP END REGEN ?
They also have this small thing called Faith Heal. They can also REZ.
Now tell us again how you're compairing Paladins to Reavers as far as group usefulness?

As far as no det, it isn't just mez, it's also roots and stuns. Hopefully this does get fixed, but atm a theurgist interupts mids/hibs cages/support far better than a reaver. It's really the theurgist getting the spot a reaver could take, not a merc or armsman and certainly not a paladin lol.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
Did you hear that PALADINS are the only Albion class with GROUP END REGEN ?
They also have this small thing called Faith Heal. They can also REZ.
Now tell us again how you're compairing Paladins to Reavers as far as group usefulness?

I don't think anyone in their right mind would replace a pally with a reaver, as you need end regen really. But replacing one of the mercs with a reaver is a nice option. A competant mincer will be looking for them to be mezzed in the first few moments of the fight, and demezz him.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
and who is going to deroot him? :)

I know I suck on my reaver, so I am not a good example, but I couldn't get over how long I was rooted for. Or just a stun would put distance between myself and the assist train.

The pbaoe is great vs hibs, but vs mids it felt like we were playing as 7.

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
katt! said:
because that is so unique to alb ~~

Nah its Excalibur mentality, but it was so obvious in this thread.

Excalplayer1: Ok lets do a group where any class can join.
Excalplayer2: Even non-det tanks?
Excalplayer1: Yeah every class and every specc
Excalplayer2: lol, no way man we wont win vs. everyone /gc quit.

Night

Fledgling Freddie
Against caster grps, you will give the edge against them being in a tank grp, more specifically Hib grps as they like to box and the pbaoe chant catchs all of them...most times :p

But as for root....well shit happens :p you can always dot or lifetap an incoming tank or skald/bard or try and Asp them ;)

But not getting grps is not end of world :p you solo better than a stealther and can take 2 enemys at a time...

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
btw reaver does completely rock solo or in small groups vs stealthers/other small groups. Even I can do ok :)

Dawn

Fledgling Freddie
divinia your posts rock. +1 all around the clock is your moto right?

reavers ofc cant replace paladin in a grp but can be ok on 3rd merc's spot.
sadly alb tank grps have room only for 3 damage dealers and mercs are the best class to use as such. but anyway 3 mercs isnt the best settup nowdays, really sucks vs hibs who can overheal savage trains eitherway,but you cant go below 2 mercs either. so this leaves you with a free spot to be used by nearly every other class of albion :p. armsman can be good with det and offensive slam, reaver can be good with iterupting auras af debuff, offensive slams but gets owned by root, friar is good with good damage and a new set of ressists but lack of determination overcomes those benefits. theurgist is best thing to use in 3rd tank's spot, a class with shitloads utility if used correctly.

so i would prefer a 2merc/theurg setup over a 2merc/reaver setup and that over a 3 merc one :) but if i made a reaver id do him for pve with the current state of ras

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
No idea why people keep talking about what is 'best' here, when all Acei was interested in was an Emain pick-up.... Or maybe:

FotM groups:
To be the best we must have the perfect setup...
I heard this is best, so that's what we'll play.

Emain pick-up:
We already have 4 Paladins, we could really use a Cleric...
No Clerics lfg, what should we have instead...
The FotM groups have Mercs, so lets take these Mercs.

But well, I don't play in either.

-----------------------

The reason there aren't many FotM groups with Reavers in is purely down to obsession with Det - remove this difference and Reaver > Any other Alb melee in almost all situations (which would be bad, btw).
In reality, the amount of time I spend under Det-affected CC is negligable, but that's really down to where, how and against who I choose to play.

And there's always room for a Reaver or 2 in the groups I play in (whichever char I am playing), but that's because I generally choose to build groups around people rather than class.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
Welcome to the harsh world of Dark Ages of Fotmalot :)

>alb1: should we try something new today?
>alb2: no ffs nothing new, then we might ehumm.. lose!!
>alb1: we can atleast try it?
>alb2: NO FFS NO NEW THINGS!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom