Beckham

Aada

Part of the furniture
Thoughts on his move to the States?

I think it is the best thing he could have done for his family and career he won't play for England again and frankly he shouldn't want to after the way he has been treated as a scape goat for their poor performances.

I don't think he really wanted to come back to England after playing for United and Madrid, i mean playing for any team but United wouldn't suit him.

I say good luck to the bloke.

Ono

Part of the furniture
Footie in the US will be secondary for the other stuff. Likely not even see out his 5 years at LA Galaxy.

He and Posh could either disappear into the has been anonymity of Hollywood or he could become the next action star !!

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
We're still going to have to hear about him and his wife 24/7, so it doesn't make much difference unless you're a Real Madrid fan I suppose.

Tilda

Will be good to educate the americans as to what real football is.

mank!

Part of the furniture
obscene money but that's not his fault really.

good luck to him, why come back to english footy when every other **** slates him constantly?

i find it slightly bizarre that he could be lining up alongside former town player stefani miglioranzi who was playing for a struggling league one side twelve months ago whilst beckham was playing in europe alongside zidane et al. beckham will find it tough to get migs out the side though :D

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Tilda said:
Will be good to educate the americans as to what real football is.

There football isn't that bad actually but I think he'll do well. They have a lot more time on the ball, from what I've seen, in the MLS.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Best move for him, why suffer at Madrid when it isn't his form thats making the team lose?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
mabe tom cruise will convert him into a scientologist or some thing!

tbh at 31 he could have a decent 2 to 3 years in europe if he could be arsed to just focus on what he is good at which crossing and freekicks.

this could prolly spark up the same kinda thing that happened in america in th 70s if it generates enuff interest over the pond, back then the top stars of that era spent a few years playing to pretty large crowds

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Becks is overrated and overpaid tbh, if he's ever forced to compete for his squad position he just ups sticks and finds somewhere for his ego. Ronaldo is (finally) looking a damn sight better #7 than Becks, and now he's faced with having to prove he should be in the England side, he's pretty much ended his international career with this move.

Yaka said:
this could prolly spark up the same kinda thing that happened in america in th 70s if it generates enuff interest over the pond, back then the top stars of that era spent a few years playing to pretty large crowds

Aye, and turn the league into a farce eventually bankrupting it, the MLS introduced a rule a while back, nicknamed the "Beckham Rule", meaning that each team can have one player excempt from the salary cap. Basically meaning they can pay ludicrous wages for old players, it won't improve their league.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
tbh I don't care what they do as long as it's not acting or singing :/

Embattle

FH is my second home
Beckham was very good once but in my own opinion he is average now, however where he does excel is being a walking brand which is probably why they are playing him so much but i wish people would cut the crap because it was a pure money choice.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
TdC said:
tbh I don't care what they do as long as it's not acting or singing :/

Not much danger of that, neither of them can do either? :D

Draylor

Part of the furniture
JingleBells said:
he's pretty much ended his international career with this move.
He ended his England career by playing like a twat throughout the World Cup and not showing any signs that he deserves his place back since. Well done to McClaren for dropping him, didnt think he had the balls to do it.

Madrid wanted him as much for non-footballing reasons as they did for his on the pitch abilities.

This time hes given up on being a player and signed a contract thats 90% advertising & PR, 10% football.

Still: Id take that money, cant imagine what hes going to end up doing after he finishes playing. Beckham as a coach/manager? The only thing more ridiculous would be Beckham on TV as a presenter/analyst on a regular basis.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I've heard the man speak many times when interviewed. He certainly doesn't come across very well on camera, but I think with lessons he could easily sit on a MotD programme and hold his own. Just remember Gary Linekar when he started MotD....

mank!

Part of the furniture
beckham will continue what he's started to do, act as an ambassador of the game and set up coaching academies for kids.

i expect he'll fade into the background eventually and become "the family man".

good work if you can get it!

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Tom said:
Just remember Gary Linekar when he started MotD....
When he started?

Hes still shit now: making the programme unwatchable.

Goals on Sunday > MOTD

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Draylor said:
When he started?

Hes still shit now: making the programme unwatchable.

Goals on Sunday > MOTD

are you mental? the holy trinity of lineker-hansen-lawrenson are untouchable

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Ya git. :( I do like Sky Sports News on a Saturday though, with Le Tiss and co. My favourite reporter is Stuart Hall on Radio Five Live though. His voice is bloody fantastic. :)

leggy

Probably Scottish
Mobius said:
are you mental? the holy trinity of lineker-hansen-lawrenson are untouchable

Seriously though. Hansen is a traitor and lawrenson is a drippy twat.

I like Linker however. His onslaught of crisp adverts gives me a warm feeling inside.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
I think it will be bad for his wife to be in LA (aka land of plastic surgery, fake tan and anorexia). She really needs to stay away from that, she is starting to look like one of those real doll thingies.

As far as football and the USA... it will never happen. Americans just can't get into a game that has low scores unless it's hockey. Hockey has fights so it's funnier to Americans than soccer. I lived in DC which had the MLS champs for years and years and pretty much no one even cared/knew. The irony is that almost all Americans have played soccer as kids and we like to play it. We just don't see the point to watching it.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Asha said:
I think it will be bad for his wife to be in LA (aka land of plastic surgery, fake tan and anorexia). She really needs to stay away from that.

Way way way too late for that concern.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Posh just wants to spend money, live in LA and hang around with the other anorexic bints.

That's all I can see to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom