Be warned !

A

Ardrias_Mid

Bet if I sent that around here... I would have work for weeks ^^

C

Cush

A good thing with those ppl that fall for that one are prolly to stupid enough not to be able to delete all there files :)

C

Cyradix

Virus is old, but I hadn't seen the symantec description before :D

O

old.GeForce

does it really have the right to be called a virus? after all, its only a picture joke with no real threat (well, to those with an IQ above 1)

S

Serbitar

Originally posted by old.GeForce
does it really have the right to be called a virus? after all, its only a picture joke with no real threat (well, to those with an IQ above 1)

Quote from 'WhatIs.com'
A virus is a piece of programming code usually disguised as something else that causes some unexpected and usually undesirable event

so technically no it doesn't have the right to be called a virus, due to the fact you know what will happen should you follow its instructions, i.e. not unexpected, but the joke wouldn't really work as anything else :)

O

old.Vae

Depends on how you look upon a virus. Certain characteristics of the hoax emails virus warnings could be considered a virus from the way they propagate and the way they persuade you that a certain file is a virus and you should delete it immediately i.e. jdbdmgr.exe virus hoax.

In the same way the irish virus could be considered a virus becuase it persuades people to propagate it (just like chain emails) even if you'd have to be very stupid for its benign payload to actually cause any damage (i.e. you delete anything).

Some would argue that chain emails, virus hoaxs etc do actually cause damage becuase they clog up the internet...

C

Conchabar

hoax viruses chain mails etc r nothing more then a hinderance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom