BD RvR groups

Sofus

Fledgling Freddie
Was just wondering if anyone wanted to perhaps make a set group or something with the following group settings (or if you got any better settings than this plz share your knowledge)

3 supp bds
1 dark bd
1 pac/mend healer
1 aug/mend healer
1 skald or warrior
1 shaman

Me and Lefay (a BD aswell if you dunno him) thought about making such a set group and see how it works. Pm me ingame if you are interested in joining i will probably be on Dax.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
just a hint, get 1 bodyguarder (svg or warrior) instead of 1 bd imo. bodyguard + grapple is kinda sweet :p

imo ofc

Lethul

FH is my second home
the setup has been tested before, ask Bonehead/Twinker for more info and maybe some pointers. He even recorded a movie with the group ;)

firegird

Fledgling Freddie
I am willing to try it with Holyhealer mend/aug
After all bds are good for RvR :)

plastic

One of Freddy's beloved
We (Moon Tribe) had BD groups before ToA. We played with the following setup:

3 Supp BDs
1 Dark BD
3 Healers (pac/mend, mend/pac, mend/aug)
1 cave/aug shammy

Worked very well, should be a link to a movie bonehead made somewhere on the forum.. But now with ToA 1 warrior with bodyguard might be good.

lillagullan

Fledgling Freddie
tbh, u need more than 1 healer with lvl 39 spread heal. BDs fall down pretty fast when they get assist trained, even faster now with battler etc.

so change setup to, 3 healers imo.

mend/pac 40/36
mend/pac 40/36
mend/aug 39/something :p

no need for 44 pac, just make sure one of the pacs got +15-25% duration items and it will work fine :p

happy hunting

Runolas

Fledgling Freddie
I was wondering if this setup would work?

2xHealer (Pac/Mend - Aug/Mend)
1xShaman (Cave/Aug)
2xSM (Supp)
3xBD (2xsupp/1xDark)

tigekala

Fledgling Freddie
Im interested. :clap: It is hard to find groups as bonedancer so we need to get more organised. :flame:

Tigebd - supp 4tehwin :m00:

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Sofus said:
Was just wondering if anyone wanted to perhaps make a set group or something with the following group settings (or if you got any better settings than this plz share your knowledge)

3 supp bds
1 dark bd
1 pac/mend healer
1 aug/mend healer
1 skald or warrior
1 shaman

Me and Lefay (a BD aswell if you dunno him) thought about making such a set group and see how it works. Pm me ingame if you are interested in joining i will probably be on Dax.
Back in the old good days when ToA was something everyone was talking about, that group would do just fine. But today with ToA gears and other haxxor stuff, u might wanna try something else. For starters, any random group WILL get beaten to death. And by random groups (talking ToA terms), i mean that noone is using ToA gears. If you're interested in running in perm BD group, here's my suggestion:

3x Supp BD
1x Warrior (ml8+)
3x Healers (mend/pac, mend/pac, mend/aug)
1x Shaman

To start with ToA gears, u can get up to 25% archery damage (pierce). So a little dude with his leet SC armor and 26% body resist, will be facing the BD group with only 1%. So leave the Dark BD out of group. The warrior/tank with grappler is a very good idea too. Healers with the Zephyr would help alot!

A good team with this setup could preforme very well, but as someone said; With battler and all other lgm weapons, a caster WILL eat grass faster then ever before, so winning the mess is pretty much winning the fight. Loosing - grass...

ack, i need a beer! :drink:

Evina|Andy

Fledgling Freddie
If you win mezz war (ie: landing 1st the mezz) still cant guarantee you win the fight. Albs have SoS, hibs have GP. If those are down all goes good for your side. To make an opted BD group is not something viable atm. Maybe things will change in NF. Atm me and my friends are runing kind of mixed groups, tryed both melee group with 1 bd and casters groups. Both did well, but since emain is a place of fast paced action, where information about group fights flows freely and fast, a tank group with 1 bd will outperform a pure casters group. That if you like to keep on moving through rvr and not sit and camp a choke point. If you plan to camp, then go for caster setup and get some healer / sham with FoP. We all know that power usage is huge in RvR, for all casters, but especially for BDs. We did very good with this group setup: 1 bd, 1xpac, 1xmend, 1 sham, 1 skald, 3 tanks (ie: savage / warriors / zerkers). I was MA. We where doing like this: pac healer asisst one me and doing single target stun on my target i was nuking, and melee train moving on next important target (ie: drood / cleric).
NF will change this game a lot, and more types of groups will be viable, but only at middle-high RR range.

Evina|Andy

Fledgling Freddie
Ah and bonehead dear, if the group is runing w/o resists yes, LW will hurt, but except stealthers, didnt notice much usage of those in rvr groups. From my own experience with my sb, using either LW heat or sun weaps (energy) when i attacked someone from a group (added in fight ofc :p) and they had resists up, my dmg was close to none, styling a caster with back chain (ss / ib) for ~60 dmg mainhand is pathetic. Battler & Malice are fotm.

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Evina|Andy said:
Ah and bonehead dear, if the group is runing w/o resists yes, LW will hurt, but except stealthers, didnt notice much usage of those in rvr groups. From my own experience with my sb, using either LW heat or sun weaps (energy) when i attacked someone from a group (added in fight ofc :p) and they had resists up, my dmg was close to none, styling a caster with back chain (ss / ib) for ~60 dmg mainhand is pathetic. Battler & Malice are fotm.
Im talking ofc about the albs that got no Cold resists ... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom