BB's in Gorre Server

Tiac

Loyal Freddie
Ok, im getting tired of trying 10-> 50 times to come inside and try out NF,
and generally thats fine its a open BETA server BUT:

What takes the piss is that people are actually making a BB on a server that is limited to 1500.

PLEASE for the love of god, try to be nice to the players that cant log inn
at insane times. And log out your BBs so other ppl can try NF, AND when you are done playing, quit!
Dont macro run into a wall PRETTY PLEASE. This game is getting worse and worse at the mememe and minemine, and this isnt only at gorre :p .
This is more a frustration post than whine.

discuss

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
yep agree, but some wasters feel they just have to wtfpwnmaijts even on the test server

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
If you suspect anyone of macroing for whatever reason just report them using rightnow.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Bot user's on Gorre say its so they can test /clientsleep, and I guess they do have a valid point no matter how much everyone else dissaproves.

However, I seriously doubt GOA can/will do anything about it. Kinda sucks, but I guess we won't have to wait too long to play NF for real.

Sanka Coolrunnings

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
Bot user's on Gorre say its so they can test /clientsleep, and I guess they do have a valid point no matter how much everyone else dissaproves.

However, I seriously doubt GOA can/will do anything about it. Kinda sucks, but I guess we won't have to wait too long to play NF for real.

After trying for 100 times to get in and finally made it, i've seen BB's for hours standing.. so i guess /clientsleep working great for them..............sad to use a BB on a Betaserver with limited peeps :(:(

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
I logged on easily at these dates today

11:00 - no waiting, 1400 players

16:00 - took me 5 minutes to log on, my retry > full server

20:00 - took me 10 minutes to log on, my retry still > full server.

Start the login client 2 times, 1 with quicklogin, other to server selection screen, when the server kicks out the overflow bunch (1500+ peeps) and the server goes to 1500-1502 or so players, start daoc with the quicklogin task and if you hit the spot, you're in, easy as it gets.

You think 0 buffbots on the server would help? Do you have any idea how many people are spamming retry on gorre ? Server goes 149x-1700 then slams out 200+ people then back to 1490-1500 again.

Buffbots on gorre whine is so last year.

And no, I don't use a bot on gorre, but in 10 minutes tops, I got in and played away happily.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
If it means 10 more people get to actually play on the server instead of /clientsleep then yes.

If you don't like the 'whines' then don't read them.

Ketinna

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
Start the login client 2 times, 1 with quicklogin, other to server selection screen, when the server kicks out the overflow bunch (1500+ peeps) and the server goes to 1500-1502 or so players, start daoc with the quicklogin task and if you hit the spot, you're in, easy as it gets.

why share this little secret to the 14 years old?

not hard to figure out but some people we could have been left outside

HEHEE IM GROWN UP SEE I DRINK BEER :drink:

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
You think 0 buffbots on the server would help? Do you have any idea how many people are spamming retry on gorre ? Server goes 149x-1700 then slams out 200+ people then back to 1490-1500 again.

Just think of the logic in that above quote. . . . . . . . . . seen it ?? . . . nope !!
Well, if, as you say there that many people trying to spam the server..dont you think that if the X amount of BBs were not there, they could get in easier. Hence, no need to spam server!!!. Funny thing that isn't it. The less BBs there are taking up space, the more people can get on to play, the more people play it the more they will only spend a short amount of time on because they know they can get on anytime, day or night. The less spamming of the server there is.
And, as for the BB whine...it will happen for as long as peole cannot get onto Gorre due to the stupid number of BBs on there. Or, until we lose the test server and go live anyway.

I would like to see a GM's view on the use of BB's on the test server and see what they think of the selfishness of some people.

UKM_Thorgrim

Fledgling Freddie
LOL My First Words Yesterday When i logged on First Try..

How many Cheating selfish Twats ... Using BB's

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Tiac said:
Ok, im getting tired of trying 10-> 50 times to come inside and try out NF,
and generally thats fine its a open BETA server BUT:

What takes the piss is that people are actually making a BB on a server that is limited to 1500.

PLEASE for the love of god, try to be nice to the players that cant log inn
at insane times. And log out your BBs so other ppl can try NF, AND when you are done playing, quit!
Dont macro run into a wall PRETTY PLEASE. This game is getting worse and worse at the mememe and minemine, and this isnt only at gorre :p .
This is more a frustration post than whine.

discuss

In login choose "no thank you" for char selection. Then you get a dialog which server to login. When amount of players is less than 1500 in that dialog, then hit login.

And I agree, bbs are no good for such limited player amount server as gorre.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Lothandar said:
I logged on easily at these dates today

Congratulations! you just won the 'Most pathetic post of the day' award!

How can buffbots not be a problem?! :eek7:

0 buffbots on the server would mean that everyone taking one of the 1500 spots would be ACTIVE players ENJOYING the game, rather than one person occupying two spots just because they want ubar stats.

For every person INSIDE the server there will be one less person OUTSIDE the server trying to get in, therefore there will be LESS waiting time for those trying to get in.

How you can justify one person taking up two spots on a server with such a tiny population limit is beyond me to be honest.

Methos

Loyal Freddie
On a positive note: lots of BB's means less lag for other players cos BB's dont cast a lot or fight.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
lol

I've not been on the server yet and frankly cant be arsed, I dont feel the need to roll a magic lvl50 with rr6 and mega plats, just so you can see how much your gonna get owned or own...

lol, wake up and smell the coffee, its a game expansion of which you are being given a little looksee. Hey, you might even be able to help and report bugs and errors.

Or maybe its to let people that are starting to cancel a chance to see what they are going to miss....major coup by GOA or honest looksee into NF????

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Tay said:
Or maybe its to let people that are starting to cancel a chance to see what they are going to miss....major coup by GOA or honest looksee into NF????
Nerf your quick editing skills ;)

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Skaven said:
Nerf your quick editing skills ;)
muhahahaha cut and paste is your friend :)

Nerf FH edit timer, forces me to do it...

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
I assure you the prime time 200-300 retry hops are not 200-300 buffbot hops.

To the other guy asking why I wrote down this technique: People whining about "buffbots taking their spots" obviously don't try hard enough to get into gorre. It is NEVER impossible. You just need to try and be smart, not just spam logins. Even if you do what I wrote above you still need to be stubborn about getting in, it is not an "iwin" trick, just makes it a helluva lot easier to get into gorre. Easier, not easy ;p

In reply to someone else: Sorry my brain has not developed the thing called "selective ignorance" so I sadly see "whine. buffbot . gorre" et cetera threads as well along with useful and worthwhile-to-read threads.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Methos said:
On a positive note: lots of BB's means less lag for other players cos BB's dont cast a lot or fight.

Ye , that really makes me happy when trying to connect to server..... :kissit:

30+ retries now prolly.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Lothandar said:
In reply to someone else: Sorry my brain has not developed the thing called "selective ignorance" so I sadly see "whine. buffbot . gorre" et cetera threads as well along with useful and worthwhile-to-read threads.

If you mean my post, either re-read it or dont reply to it. if you had of READ my post you would have noticed that I was not "whining". I was saying that I dont understand the way you can justify people having buffbots on a test server.

This thread was ABOUT people using buffbots on gorre so if you only saw "whine. buffbot . gorre" then why did you even enter the thread?

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
Tay said:
lol

I've not been on the server yet and frankly cant be arsed, I dont feel the need to roll a magic lvl50 with rr6 and mega plats, just so you can see how much your gonna get owned or own...

lol, wake up and smell the coffee, its a game expansion of which you are being given a little looksee. Hey, you might even be able to help and report bugs and errors.

u got the best sig ever dude :)

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
So fare iwe gotten on each day since release, normally between 17:00-22:00cet sure i dont get on the first time, but then again i dont run to FH if i get booted once...

Cry babies...

Chopke

Fledgling Freddie
Since NF on Gorre is an open beta, its suppose to test all sorts of things. Best way to do that is create an enviroment like a normal everyday server.
Since BB are an everyday occurance on a normal everyday server, they should also be present on the test server.

Saying that if there are no bb then there are 1500 peeps ENJOYING the game, is a bit contradicting, since the open beta wasn't meant to be enjoyed. Its to make sure we enjoy the finished product, by taking all the bugs out.

And no, I don't have a bb on Gorre, I've not even been there, waiting for NF to go live on my server.

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Sure it take some time to get in, but its not that bad :)

Ill admit i made a BB, Not really to own in rvr but to see what stats was when buffed, my dwarf warrior has 3k+ Hp ^^ Toughness5 aug con FTW! :p

Tried to buff a BD pet with juggunaut 3 aswell, pwend quite badly :)

But i havent used it much in rvr since i mostly played a healer, and it lag to much even with /clientsleep background :)

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
HerculesPluto said:
u got the best sig ever dude :)
Unfortunatly I have been at the losing end of a BD vs 5 people fight..

And the person in question was the BD...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom