TV BBC Sherlock Holmes

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Anyone watch this?

Enjoyable nonsense. Quite enjoyed it.

What do you think?

(quite entertaining after tonight's Top Gear - the new Bugatti Veyron does 267 mph !!! - thing is, its a tad expensive - 1.6 million pounds sterling)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It was fun, but at times they tried too hard to portray Sherlock as super intelligent, and mainly by making everyone else appear very stupid. Which was insulting to the audience.

Case in point being the GPS tracking on the mobile, with the cabbie standing right there and being mentioned several times by Sherlocks landlord. The police and watson simply not thinking of another reason they phone could be there was ridiculous.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I think he pulled the role off quite well tho

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes not saying I did not enjoy it, the acting was good, the plot needs some work though. Maybe I'm looking at it too seriously, but it is Sherlock Holmes and for that reason I expect to to be very strong when it comes to plot.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
It was "OK", but again the beeb show a distinct lack of imagination, coiing the name Sherlock Holmes to turn out yet more rehash material.

I also see they are bringing back Upstairs Downstairs, All Creatures great and small and some other 70s drama rubbish, it seems they are determined to keep dragging back old series rather than making something new!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
the original All Creatures Great & Small was very enjoyable. Beautiful countryside, the animals, great actors, very gentle comedy. Thats one series they shouldn't remake. Ever. And I bet they fuck around with the theme music as well...why can't TV people just leave well alone and stop making inexorably shite remakes?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
the original All Creatures Great & Small was very enjoyable. Beautiful countryside, the animals, great actors, very gentle comedy. Thats one series they shouldn't remake. Ever. And I bet they fuck around with the theme music as well...why can't TV people just leave well alone and stop making inexorably shite remakes?
Its one of those things that should remain part of TV history, Sherlock Holmes was a classic too, for gods sake, get some imagination BBC!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
well i really really enjoyed it, i thought they got sherlocks sense of humour down to a t, wasn't pant wettingly good but it didn't bore me and was entertaining.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Watched the first one. It was great fun but as pointed out above, complete hokum. I get the feeling that Alaistar Moffat basically wrote the character as Dr. Who as a detective.

Plot was not awesome, in fact was a direct steal from a British detective series from not so long ago but I can't remember exactly which one. It was something along the lines of Prime Suspect or Trial & Retribution or something like that.

It was pretty obvious it was going to be a taxi driver right from the get-go and it was a bit tedious waiting for super intelligent Sherlock to figure it out. Thats the kind of thing you get in Z-grade TV series.

However, I liked that the real fun started after the cabby had been uncovered and the game of chance that occured between the two.

Excellent characters, mediocre plot, great one-liners helped along by good actors. I loved some of the little touches like how text messages were shown to us, the audience. Slick.

Looking forward to seeing the second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom