BBC Radio.. better than telly

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
just a selection of stuff to listen again to on iplayer from past week..

radio 4 - Just a Minute (with wogan!!), Act Your Age (roger de coursie and nookie bear!!), So Wrong Its Right (charlie brooker stuffs!), The Now Show (punt and dennis but thankfully cant see their faces)

Radio 2 - well... Fridays "Ken Bruce" show with Rob Brydon

Radio 5 - Marc Kermode and Simon Mayo's Film Review (funny as hell rants), Fighting Talk (madcap sports chat and anecdotes)

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
oh forgot to mention this

And The Winner Is.. (matt lucas with other peeps making up daft awards)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Radio :worthy:

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
just a selection of stuff to listen again to on iplayer from past week..

radio 4 - Just a Minute (with wogan!!), Act Your Age (roger de coursie and nookie bear!!), So Wrong Its Right (charlie brooker stuffs!), The Now Show (punt and dennis but thankfully cant see their faces)

Radio 2 - well... Fridays "Ken Bruce" show with Rob Brydon

Radio 5 - Marc Kermode and Simon Mayo's Film Review (funny as hell rants), Fighting Talk (madcap sports chat and anecdotes)
Friday's Ken "Rob" Bruce show was funny to listen to.
The Now Show is always worth listening to, but I also like Mock the Week so that follows.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
yep, tbh I have the radio on all the time and listen (R2) while pottering about here at HQ, I really like Radio 2 because it does not just play the same shit, they have a variety of shows on in the evenings and weekends with all sorts of music from jazz, country, classical and show tunes as well as contemporary stuff.

The tv on the other hand, I watch Glee on Monday nights and at the moment that's it lol, I might have it onin the evening when I'm on the laptop and watch CSI or NCIS or some other show with lots of letters in but I mainly watch DVDs.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
yeah Ezteq :) i love my country stuff (lady antebellum, rascal flatts, alison krauss, shawn colvin etc) and also dont mind a bit of folk as well (cara dillon springing to mind)

radio 2 caters for all this and is even getting pete tong in to do stuff about dance music hehe.

there's other fantastic shows as well. Richard Bacon on radio 5... 2 til 4... and ofc the EPIC Tony Livesey Show from 10.30pm til 1am (has its own FB page so when they ask for daft shit can post it on there and get it read out on radio! yay! :)

I would also say 606 on radio 5 but Robbie Savage is a total cock who contradicts himself from 1 week to the next.

and i cant even begin to say how good the Janet and John stories are on Wogan's show ;) hehe

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
BBC Radio is soo much better than their TV Channels. The only thing I have watched on the BBC in recent memory was Wonders of the Universe and Louis Theroux (sry sp) last night. I more or less pay the license fee to listen to the radio lol.

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
wondered for awhile now why bbc have restrictions on their tv but not on their radio , not gonna complain thou , been listening to radio4 from abroad for years now :)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
those people on Louis Theroux last night... fucking batshit mental

Ezteq

Queen of OT
omg wogan's janet and john LOL sheer filth, makes me choke on my dinner whenever I listen to it hehe

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I've never been a big fan of radio tbh, but my father-in-law gave up TV fifteen years or so ago, and spends his days pottering about and listening to radio 4, he gets a lot more done apparently. The only TV he ever watched is Formula 1 which we record for him for when he visits. I'm not sure I could do it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom