BB or no BB in BG's

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
Buffbots are here to stay, we all know that.
those who have them use them and that shouldnt be hard to understand either.
stealthers are more addicted to buffs becos they don't have the possibility to group support classes usually.
as all non stealth classes are more or less dependant on groups to survive in RvR they are usually grouped with support classes like buffers and healers as a group without it is more or less helpless in the big picture.
an unbuffed assassin would use too long time to assassinate a buffed target so again it's rather obvious why buffbots are common these days.

i have recently "finished" leirvik, went from 42-45 as Nightshade there with buffs.
i also ran unbuffed a few times as my GF used the bot PC etc. but probably over 95% buffed wich was a laugh how easy it was encountering all those unbuffed targets and i wasnt "proud" of how well i was performing, but i was mainly there to get easy rr3 and lvl45 as the XP there can be huge if u are busy.
i also met the odd buffed opponent wich was really exciting but again, excitement wasnt my reasons for being there.
i have my BB at lvl40 as I started levelling Mortifer and Buffen at the same time, and that's why i was lucky and had a BB in Leirvik, most ppl with the possibility would have used it aswell afaik.
Not everyone is in BG's to boost their fotm unbuffed E-Penis ^^

bottom line is, you cant be mad that ppl use buffbots in BG's, if you got the option and don't use it that's your own choice, if you don't got BB that's not everyone elses problem.
Most ppl that have BB use them, altho the BG's that are full of BB's are the few lowest as most ppl dont bother levelling a BB just to have buffs for their alts in a battleground.

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
BBs?

Tis not the players that should be criticised for using a bb in RVR tis Mythic for allowing it in the first place. They really don't have a part to play if you want to play a 'fair' game. Tis the buffing that is causing so much of the imbalance.

I used one - infact I got carried away when my girlfriend started playing and ended up running 3 accounts at times so that I could get haste. Trouble is where does it end? 5-6 accounts so you can cast all sorts of shit on yourself?

Nah this is terrible game design and exploitation on a grand scale. You have to have a buffbot beyond Thid and you can only just manage to play in Thid unbuffed infact.

Shaman buffs - damage add lifts
Cleric - af buff - permanent and very effective
Druid - haste - at level 50 luris are hitting so fast tis a blur.

You can see that mid shamans are bad news really and an additional account is needed if you want to bring your alt up to the levels of the other realm buffbots.

Nah removal from rvr is the only answer. That would also reduce the terrible la nerf that exists too.

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
I run most of the time unbuffed in molvik with my skald, but if i had a buffbot I would use it, nothing strange or wrong with that imho.

I do pretty good vs casters and stealthers anyway =)

Bowie

Fledgling Freddie
Reason i like Thid is :

1: a mezz is a mess, as there is no purge.

2:U dont get Fzed or something fighting 1v1 as there is no MLs.

3:And u dont have to knock a man down 2-3 time cos his SoM or something proced as there is no Arti.

So base a pritty clean situation rvr wise. Now the BB has been there for long time and until Mythic do something about that, it will be used, weather peeps like it or not and weather its fair or not against those who do not have a BB.

I myself use one. Why ? cos i can. Not even a lvl 24 but a /lvl one. I did have some run for fun without buffs and in far the most cases it meens no diff, but against fully buffed and optet hard targets it makes a world off difference, and i do meet more and more of those.

I am asked for buffs all the time, witch meens peeps want em, so my suggestien is: peeps start sharing BBs and so on.

As i said before on thid no arti no MLs no purge and so on, all we have there is a BB so still pritty clean game and it is Totaly Otopia to ask all to get rid their BBs, just to satisfy a few peeps feelings of fairness.

Another thing: more and more peeps from lvl 50 rvr likes to make a nice little Thid char and find good items for it to make em very good, and most off em have the posibility to use a BB, so plzz lets keep this a little realistic, they will use it too ofc.

And if someone now comes up with the argument : well what about thos new Daoc players who dont have a BB and just want to lvl through the BG system?
Well let em zerg throug it. Many do it already and zergs have been there since day 1, and now the exp u get in Bgs is totaly wild, so very easy realy, i myself have to do 4-6 suicide rounds a day to not hit 25, so i am pritty sure they can make it:)

BBs are there Accept it!!! :clap:

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
buffs in BG's do one of 2 things. Evens the playing field for un-thid-temped-toons, or makes killing a thid-temped-fully-buffed-stealther a nightmare to kill. :p

Either ways, just gives ppl a reason to say 'thid-temped-fully-buffed-retard picking on lvl 20 casters, lets gank the twat and /rude the body :p

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Well even people like myself who have capped templates, but dont own a buffbot, still go down like a wet tissue against SCed people that are buffed. For example Coolit, who is without a doubt the hardest NS ive ever encountered, gets me to about 30% with a PA, so I have no other choice other than to team up to kill them. And before you say ' haha u zerging tard!! ' , what is wrong with removing an annoying player who is 1 hitting every caster around you for the 20 or so seconds that it takes to release, rebuff and come back?

I realise that bots will allways be a part of this game, and i can live with Coolit being oh so mature and taunting me by getting me to 25% and then emoting me etc, but that doesnt mean I have to like it.

Bowie

Fledgling Freddie
AhoyHoy said:
Well even people like myself who have capped templates, but dont own a buffbot, still go down like a wet tissue against SCed people that are buffed. For example Coolit, who is without a doubt the hardest NS ive ever encountered, gets me to about 30% with a PA, so I have no other choice other than to team up to kill them. And before you say ' haha u zerging tard!! ' , what is wrong with removing an annoying player who is 1 hitting every caster around you for the 20 or so seconds that it takes to release, rebuff and come back?

I realise that bots will allways be a part of this game, and i can live with Coolit being oh so mature and taunting me by getting me to 25% and then emoting me etc, but that doesnt mean I have to like it.

Ok Ok enogh is enogh!

Lets get some things stright here!

1: i have nothing against zergs i never said i had, i just have to try take out 1 by one, as pritty hard to fight 5 at the time + NS way of gaming like other assasins are the sneaky way, thats why they can stealth if u didnt know.

2: I never emote peeps unless they stats doing it first, as i find it so in-mature, but i like to give peeps back so they can see it for em self how stupid it is, so i remember who did what. And u are the worst emoter i have ever meet, u startet emote me laugh and rude first time i meet u with 4 other albs killing me, and u went on and on, so when i emote back a few time I am the in-mature ????

3: And wasent it u who on purpos tryed to ruin my thread: " who are u ". I know it was, but ofc it didnt happend like u planned . peeps can read the Historie of that thread for em selfs and see how mature u are!!!!

So go on play ur game like u want, and emote me every time i get killed by 5 albs i dont care, i even on purpos attack 2-3 peeps at the time many times, so u wont se me QQ about u and ur small zerg kill me, but stop ur Bull s... here on FH when its clear to all what u on about....

Eden

Fledgling Freddie
BB is nice, i always use one, why shouldent i ?

And tbh whats with this roleplaying stuff at bg1, repsect etc dont add. BG1 is a pure noob-emote-add-leech zone imo..

DONT take it so serious...

The lvl 50 hardcore rvr is another thing ;)

/Stingah -The Fotm Elf-

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Think MOST people would use buffs if they could. I got a (level 20) buffbot for Thidranki; but beside that I dont. Im too lazy to level a buffbot together with my alt; beside I got a 50 buffbot i can use in PvE to buff myselves etc.

But I dont judge peeps who are buffed in the 34-39 BG for example. Good for them; but dont come crying to me when I add on you when its obvious u're buffed and the other aint ;)

In the end buffed vs unbuffed is no contest. But you cant blame the people for it IMO. I also expect to be buffed in 50 RvR ; unbuffed there is useless; might aswell log then

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Bowie are you actually retarded, or can't you read. All I said to you at the beggining is dont bother dueling me when you are buffed as I am not, which is a fair comment. However, you continued to repeatedly gank me, so when I got annoyed enough I leeched some buffs from a mate, and beat you in a duel. Then I /ruded you, because tbh I thought you were a twit. Now you accuse me of being a zerger? Am i not allowed to stand at the CK and chat to my realm mates without you spamming emotes at me? And then you start this stupid game you have of attacking me and getting me to 25% or so hp and running off, just to prove to yourself that you can wtfpwn an unbuffed CHAIN user when you are buffed to the tits. That is what i find annoying, and hence the fact that I dislike you. End of story.

Good day to you.

Bowie

Fledgling Freddie
AhoyHoy said:
Bowie are you actually retarded, or can't you read. All I said to you at the beggining is dont bother dueling me when you are buffed as I am not, which is a fair comment. However, you continued to repeatedly gank me, so when I got annoyed enough I leeched some buffs from a mate, and beat you in a duel. Then I /ruded you, because tbh I thought you were a twit. Now you accuse me of being a zerger? Am i not allowed to stand at the CK and chat to my realm mates without you spamming emotes at me? And then you start this stupid game you have of attacking me and getting me to 25% or so hp and running off, just to prove to yourself that you can wtfpwn an unbuffed CHAIN user when you are buffed to the tits. That is what i find annoying, and hence the fact that I dislike you. End of story.

Good day to you.

Now lets see whos the retard:

1:U wanna tell me who i can have a go on and who not. And not u cos u not buffed, so i should just let u go untuched all over thid cos u say so, LOL.

2:U were the one that said u had to team up with some to kill me, so prolly urself calling u a zerger. I was the one who said i dont care how peeps play and if peeps zerg or not, LOL

3:U leaching some buffs and beat me in a duel ?? when did that happend?? in ur own head ?? i never seen u alone, other than before where 2 mid stealthers jumped u on ur way back to atk, and i went on them and got em did i hit u once ?? NO

4: when did i ever said u cant chat with ur friends ? and how do i know whenu do that or not ? semms u are the one telling me how i can play and not the other way around...

5:And finaly the emote things startet from u, and i gave u back a few, but i stoped long ago u didnt, u know it, i know it and i am pritty dam sure all the rest on FH can figur it out too.

Now as i said before u are welcome to write me a PM here if u have anything further to say, i am pritty sure we used enogh space here in open forum on it.

And ofc a very nice day to u too :wub:

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I don't use a buffbot either in real RvR (level 50) or in the battlegrounds, Though when I am grouped I get buffs from people.
It's easy to counter fully buffed + SC'ed people in Thid though, charm a level 33-35 mob and give them all an exp death :)

I also never understood the people that are buying level MP 50 armour for their Thid character.. spend like 20p (if it's chain or plate) on your character then let it be SC'ed for another 2p'ish then level a buffbot to 24 and give him 26% buffbonus items from ToA then what?
You will be capped in let's say 2 hours max, 1 shotting people who do not stand a chance.
I know the times that Thid (and other BG's) were there to learn to RvR is long over but a buffbot and/or full stat max SC'ed suit is just overkill and trowing away your money according to me atleast.

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Thugs said:
Tis not the players that should be criticised for using a bb in RVR tis Mythic for allowing it in the first place. They really don't have a part to play if you want to play a 'fair' game. Tis the buffing that is causing so much of the imbalance.

I used one - infact I got carried away when my girlfriend started playing and ended up running 3 accounts at times so that I could get haste. Trouble is where does it end? 5-6 accounts so you can cast all sorts of shit on yourself?

Nah this is terrible game design and exploitation on a grand scale. You have to have a buffbot beyond Thid and you can only just manage to play in Thid unbuffed infact.

Shaman buffs - damage add lifts
Cleric - af buff - permanent and very effective
Druid - haste - at level 50 luris are hitting so fast tis a blur.

You can see that mid shamans are bad news really and an additional account is needed if you want to bring your alt up to the levels of the other realm buffbots.

Nah removal from rvr is the only answer. That would also reduce the terrible la nerf that exists too.

Oh thats priceless that is.
Thugs.... the biggest exploiter of poor game mechanics in Thid has the nerve to moan about buffbots?
You have the nerve to lecture other players about "fair" play when your primary tactic is to run-through?
If your gonna preach mate then practice what you preach.

And no ... I have no buffbot. I have never had a buffbot. At any level. Ever.
And no.....you have never killed any of my toons. At any level. Ever.

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Oh?

Instead of moaning all the damn time m8 why not try and work out how to use run-through. For effsake any warrior worth his salt uses it. Tis a great skill to master and it is a skill for sure the way the game is at the moment. I just happen to have taken the time to practise it over and over to get good at it. Now I happen to be extremely good at it. Like I explained earlier to someone thinking my gamestyle is easy. Tis the hardest spec and play style anyone could ever imagine. No-one can pull it off bar me!

Try this one for size you consistant moronic doubter of my ability:-

1. Hit from one side of a player using 2 weapons and pillager (1st part of weapon combination move).
2. Run-through them (not lag abusing)
3. Whilst running through swap weapon to 2 handed.
4. Turn
5. Hit with the 2 hander from the other side using the plunderer (2nd part of the weapon combination move).

The above is carried out in the time I have from pillager to plunderer which is a very very short time. And I can repeat it non stop if I want swapping to fresh poisoned weapons during it too! The fighter just won't even land a hit on me if I time it right!

Unheard of and I had to write it down to explain it. Just shows how good I am now m8 and the only one capable of doing the above!

mudguts

Fledgling Freddie
Thugs said:

The fighter just won't even land a hit on me if I time it right!

hoho you really are quite the tard :kissit:

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
Thugs said:
1. Hit from one side of a player using 2 weapons and pillager (1st part of weapon combination move).
3. Whilst running through swap weapon to 2 handed.
4. Turn
5. Hit with the 2 hander from the other side using the plunderer (2nd part of the weapon combination move).

that's step by step explaining of lag abuse... but then again, it aint illegal ^^

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Lag abuse?

Ain't lag abusing m8. Nothing to do with lag. The player I am doing that to doesn't suffer from any sort of lag. Just the fact that I am dodging. He can counteract it if he knows how. But nothing to do with lag.

Brend

Fledgling Freddie
is it me or has thid just got stupidly serious over the past few weeks ?

its all about fun ppl!!!!!
:(

Tomb

Fledgling Freddie
Running through people is NOT dodging btw its just a combat tactic, which is bloody annoying but effective :D

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
Thugs said:
Ain't lag abusing m8. Nothing to do with lag. The player I am doing that to doesn't suffer from any sort of lag. Just the fact that I am dodging. He can counteract it if he knows how. But nothing to do with lag.

dodging is done by evade, moving so the other player get's "target not in view" is lag abuse regardless if you strafe or move any other way.
if he can't hit becos you are moving faster than the game autoface the target if he use /stick or /face it's the lag/delay that cause it and that's what you are doing smartass ;)
it aint illegal, but it's still lag abuse ^^

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
i was gonna post about BB's but now im more concerned about our Thugs here...

Dude, just because you managed to drop a few toons in thid, doesnt make you as amazing as you think you are. Using the run-thru tactic has been something 99% of mercs used since day one - for positional styles its almost essential to do it. It takes no skill, just the slightest shred of common sense to know WHEN to do it.

And stop acting so big - one quick whack with a shield, or someones armour procs, or you just happen to pick on someone who is even more l33t than you (if thats possible, oh holy one)

You're coming across now as a spoilt IPWNdJOO kid with ADD, who thinks he's discovered Gravity, when you actually found Gravy...

right - work, then down the pub for a pint, home for a smoke with some friends, THEN i might have time to play a GAME...

AC

ps - i pwn!! i managed to order like 50 pints at the bar, and i just kept on ordering em over and over, i could do it all day if i wanted, and the barman wouldnt even land a bar towel on me if i time it right!!!! :D

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
dont bother Redi, hes so worked up over his mediocre LoS abuse skills he fails to see any reason. pity him but dont try to have him make sense or talk any sorta sense to him, it's like water on a ducks back...
leave him his enourmous (although imaginary) e-peen, obviously something is missing in his RL se he has to have something to brag about.
in the next few weeks he'll prolly come up with some half-assed story about how he comes from the Planet Plingedingeling and is here to show us mortals how to really bug abuse...

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
The run-through

Oh so I can't kill stuff if they move about eh?

Another buffed inf rescued intime - but only just! Still died after. NO run-through at all!

Next time I jumped him? - runs off at full pelt :D - from an unbuffed kob stealther! Got another film here where I kills a newcomer inf without taking any damage wotsoever but the guy was new I could see that - but a trier never the less! - /salute.

File size 3.5mbs

Another buffed inf!

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Some good content for me film!

Yet another nice fight here - buffed sorc or wizzie! No imbalance. He was a buffed one in a line of them - cabbas with pets etc - that I had killed in a row. The unbuffed ones never managed to get the root off intime :D .

Eh the minstrel run off :) from dah Uber UNBUFFED kob!

File size 3 mbs

Buffed Caster!

Me likes making films as you can see. Lights camera - roll!

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Thugs said:
Oh so I can't kill stuff if they move about eh?

Another buffed inf rescued intime - but only just! Still died after. NO run-through at all!

Next time I jumped him? - runs off at full pelt :D - from an unbuffed kob stealther! Got another film here where I kills a newcomer inf without taking any damage wotsoever but the guy was new I could see that - but a trier never the less! - /salute.

File size 3.5mbs

Another buffed inf!

well if you were all you said you are, you'd have dropped them both, i know i have dropped 2+ ppl in thid when i played there and i havent made it my one thing in life to rule in thid, i do what most ppl do there, relax, you should try it sometime, makes you live longer

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
Thugs said:
Yet another nice fight here - buffed sorc or wizzie! No imbalance. He was a buffed one in a line of them - cabbas with pets etc - that I had killed in a row. The unbuffed ones never managed to get the root off intime :D .

Eh the minstrel run off :) from dah Uber UNBUFFED kob!

File size 3 mbs

Buffed Caster!

Me likes making films as you can see. Lights camera - roll!

how is you killing a caster good lol??? its hardly difficult...by looks of it you either did your lame run thru tactics to screw up his qc cos of the los issues ( shitty game mechanics + LAME tactics) or you resisted...in which case your skills ( or lack of ) had fuck all to do with you winning

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
lol?

you killed a caster in thid? and the mincer was a chicken shit?
this proves what? it proves you once again had to retort to lame LoS abuse on the caster....
you do realize most assassins drop caster in one shot right? buffed or not really has very little to do when it comes to casters

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Oh?

Yup me knows that - and I kills the stealther wot one shotted the caster :D

Oh and by the way I would have killed that minstrel if he hadn't legged it!

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Thugs said:
Yup me knows that - and I kills the stealther wot one shotted the caster :D
so do the rest of us, but we dont have to come here to brag cuz we've havent made killing /level ppl in crap gear our main goal in life and because we're perfectly happy with the size of our peen. unlike someone else obviously

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Thugs said:
Oh and by the way I would have killed that minstrel if he hadn't legged it!
yup - and if my auntie had balls, she be my uncle...

IF...

Thugs - go out, get some friends and stop infecting this site with hundreds of badly filmed, low quality, short, boring ganks in thid.

You wanna see what ORPG film making is all about? -www.windspireentertainment.com - and get Fettes Vette... ;) thats the talent you lack :p haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom