Battlegrounds

O

old.Spanjab

So, Battlegrounds are in this patch, how do you get into them?

T

talen_sun

Buy a medallion from your local friendly medallion transporter merchant type bloke/bird/thing.

Easy as that.

And i'm STILL at work!!!

O

old.Witchunter

Just came off and the Battlegrounds ROCK!

O

old.Alliandre

The albs outnumbered us 3/4 to 1 and we still took at least 3 of them with us before we died each time. It was great :D

S

SFXman

I looooooooove the battlegrounds! Played a bit over an hour with my scout and got ~850 rp. Problem is that the time you can stay in them is WAY too small. Had a friend fill his #1 BG limit just today... I could've done so with my scout most likely but then I had to test my L24 friar (poor assassins tried to get me :)).

P

Perplexed

If u dont wanna hit the RP limit fast, dont group

S

SFXman

On the contrary if I DO group with my scout I go slower :)
Friar I would probably go faster in a group although I can seriously whoop ass aswell.

O

old.Bowen

Originally posted by old.Alliandre
The albs outnumbered us 3/4 to 1 and we still took at least 3 of them with us before we died each time. It was great :D

Nahh you've got it all wrong, we were just meddin watching on as you eat grass :p and emphaisis on you died each time, get used to it we eat Hibbys for breakfast and Mids for lunch. I personally like to snack on small Kobolds they taste a little like chicken. Hmmm roll on tomorrow night...

R

Rolith DeJeun

Tis was a great day in Albions history. For we hold still the keep in the first battleground. I have slain many assassins, archers and loners. And was slain less than 7 times in 6 hours. To the dearest little Toddler (Lurikeen Ranger - Yellow Con), what fun you were. From the time you sped away from me, to the time you shot me with that arrow. To the time I stormed onto the bridge amongst all your friends to slay you as you stood there wounded amongst them and then run away. That was great fun. ;)

To Halo and the other Midgard assassins. A word to the wise. Do not attempt to slay (most times succeeding) someone near me. For you shall NOT escape. I have studied the great Giona and the other legendary minstrels of our realm. And you will never escape.

I leave this evening only having acquire 125 realm points and the 3rd level of the first rank. Thank you all for repeatedly assaulting our keep. And it was especially fun when our archers and casters stood on the walls, bolting you all as the forces of Midgard and Hibernia battled it out below us.

Till we meet on the fields of battle again.
/salute

O

old.Witchunter

Ah, poor Toddler ;)

He was standing on the edge of the bridge just now, so I went up there to greet him. After jumping into the river, I would have made my escape if it wasn't for that pesky Underhill Companion. Bah :mad:

It wasn't a legal kill though, as I managed to stealth, but he still came up behind me and did the evil.

For all those Hibs I've been killing by the bridge today, there'll be some more tomorrow ;)

Sma - The Infiltrator.

S

SFXman

Rolith you didn't happen to be that minstrel that ran after the nightshade with me (Friar, Lother) around the keep then into the water where you mezzed her?
Anyway! T'was a superb day for me aswell... only tested a bit on the number 1 BG with my 24 friar, and then the number 3 BG with my 35 scout... I was amazed at the damage I dealt with my friar and amused by the one-shots with my scout :)

O

old.cerebus

Originally posted by Rolith DeJeun
To Halo and the other Midgard assassins.

I think Halo is a Hib..... :)

And you just made his list Rolith ;)

Also, can I just thank everybody for last night. Really good fun and I's also like to give a special thankyou to all the casters who sit down. It's a Stealthers paradise :p

Anybody else get the stealther shakes?

R

Rolith DeJeun

Ahh, yes. Lothar. I recall you being there. And yes. It could quite possibly have been me, for I chased many assassins into the waters where they died.

My most favourite moment was when I spotted two norse shadowblades on our side of the bridge, they were heading for the water. One was yellow, the other blue. I mezzed the yellow, then the blue. And the poor yellow had to stand there while I killed the blue. Then some of ours saw the fight, and came to attack the yellow, who's blow I blocked as I ran past to rest. as I ran up the short hill, I spotted another shadowblade coming to the aid of his ilk, and mezzed him too. Twas great fun indeed.

Join me again this evening Lothar, and all of Albion on Prydwen that is able. For we do trully wreek havoc apon our enemies.

Halo? If he is Hibernian, the he is a Celt. For in his darkened clothes he did look like a Norseman. And I am thinking that perhaps he is a Norseman, for I think that is the name that was shown on my screen. Mayhaps I am wrong.

S

SFXman

I would join you my friend but unfortunately you have reached Realm Rank 1 Level 3 and you cannot enter the lowest battleground anymore :(
Maybe in the second we might meet again!

K

Kernum

Great great great fun. I was in the first Midguard charge to the tower.
All was going well until...Hibs behind!!
Turn atround attack... Albs behind arrrrrrrrrhh :D
I just kept flinging AOE poison about and really annoying casters hehe. Somehow kept finding myself at the front though.. :)
Thanks all... same again tonight?
K.

S

SFXman

You know what is fun, sit your ass on a dead lurikeen, they disappear :D

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.cerebus

Anybody else get the stealther shakes?

I think someone mistook my chain-covered ass for a cleric...

Pointed out his error with my twin blades :) buhauha. (his archer friends let him escape though.. no way was I chasing him into 3 archers!)

S

SFXman

lol, nice Fingoniel... you know how many have mistaken my friar for a mage? Mwhahahaha.... then they felt the wrath of my stick.

F

Flimgoblin

Most fun thing about friars :)

the 'friar surprise' :)

F

Flimgoblin

Going to make sure my Briton Earth wiz hangs around a couple of friars :) safety...

F

Flimgoblin

Ererim the Glacier Wizard

only lvl 18 at the moment...
But you play prydwen :) so it's all academic.

I'll have to level up Aineviin and come and gut you like a pig :)

S

SFXman

Well, do so, bring it on bitch
one_samuria.gif

;)

S

SFXman

Actually last night I only slept 3 hours... from 04:30 to 07:30...
asleep1bluepink.gif

F

Fafnir

Dam....

Then i got one more hour sleep more than you 01.00-05.00

:) Love the smell of coffee in the morning.. Or was i napalm..

S

SFXman

Oooooohhh maaaaan... love coffee in the morning and a good browse through the BW DAoC forums.

R

Rolith DeJeun

Had a slightly longer nap. But aye, since the battlegrounds arrived, I have had less and less sleep.

MUST...DRIVE...MIDDIES....BACK!

Once more into the breech dear friends!

S

SFXman

OMG albs are like the only ones in the BGs at this time.... or earlier. BORING... going exping with a friend to Thidranki :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom