battlegrounds versus RVR

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Why is it that some people prefer battlegrounds to high level RVR? is it because battlegrounds make everyone on a more even level to compete, is it because it is more fun or just easier to jump straight into?

why do you like playing the BG's? or do you think it is a waste of time?

comments and discuss :) :m00:

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
I'd make a BG char if all mine weren't 50 and TOAed :(

Nerf :(

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
The BGs are nice because most people aren't at ludicrous high RR differences nor TOAd completely. The playing field is more even, so to speak.

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Deepflame said:
The BGs are nice because most people aren't at ludicrous high RR differences nor TOAd completely. The playing field is more even, so to speak.

Yeah. Everyone runs in zerg and the one with biggest number wins >.<

Pohjan Poika

Fledgling Freddie
i usually have one char in a BG just to kill time if you dont get rvr grps.. but it is kinda b00ring when you get jumped by 2-3 fully buffed infils :(
anyways its a good way to kill time up until the infils come and zerg you twice for trying to run around and kill albs leaving teh atk (which isnt all that fun either)
come to think about it.. its horrible :(

classic server BGs will probably be fun :p

Ozilia

Fledgling Freddie
Classic server Molvik (35-39) is loads of fun :) Usually play bg's when we don't run guildgroup.
5% stealthers instead of 50% like on normal servers, plus in molvik you have some more toys to play with compared to thid which is mostly stun DD DD or spam anytime :)

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
people who play bgs only compared to real rvr are people who cba to try compete vs high rr players etc, or dont want to put much effort into their chars to be rvr ready.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
cemi0 said:
Yeah. Everyone runs in zerg and the one with biggest number wins >.<
And the difference with real RvR is...

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
If u get bored of a BG char u can roll a new one spend 500g and go get ganked again. I must admit the good fights are not as much fun as good lvl 50 fights but u have way more :D Also u dont spend/walking sailing 10 - 15 mins too get ganked, in bg you just spend 1 min. Running in a grp of 4 and wtfpwning fg - zergs is such fun :D

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:
people who play bgs only compared to real rvr are people who cba to try compete vs high rr players etc, or dont want to put much effort into their chars to be rvr ready.

At the end it's all about enjoying the game, if people enjoy the game more when playing in the battlegrounds compared to real rvr, then let them :)

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
Elitestoner said:

um ye sure , get a clue wanker.

i have my fill of fun fight's with guild , but when i just wanna relax i log my sb in on leirvik and just enjoy the ride of finding solo fight's vs other stealthers or even 2-3 vs me is also fun , sincce i have put time and effort in a real template for leirvik just as i have done in "real" rvr , it get's more fun that way , to see a lvl 44 char be allmost equal to most lvl 50 ROG masters out there in real rvr.

i have bg's for relaxment from the gg's , does that make me a bad player as mr.Elite say's , fine by me then.

Gamah

Banned
Teslacoil said:
um ye sure , get a clue wanker.

i have my fill of fun fight's with guild , but when i just wanna relax i log my sb in on leirvik and just enjoy the ride of finding solo fight's vs other stealthers or even 2-3 vs me is also fun , sincce i have put time and effort in a real template for leirvik just as i have done in "real" rvr , it get's more fun that way , to see a lvl 44 char be allmost equal to most lvl 50 ROG masters out there in real rvr.

i have bg's for relaxment from the gg's , does that make me a bad player as mr.Elite say's , fine by me then.

You get some reading skills "wanker"

Elitestoner said:
Those who play bg's only

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
I'd make a BG char if all mine weren't 50 and TOAed :(

Nerf :(

Make one on my account if u want, theres nothing of any real worth on it atm (i deleted my pally btw eggy LMFAO )

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
lol knight after all that you deleted your pally??? hehehe

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
I like Molvik and Leirvik, though Leir could do with a redesign. Aggro all over :-( Thid is shit. It's like playing in Slow-Mo, and casters and seer types are woefully underpowered there compared to stealthers. In BG4 and BG5 it evens out a bit, BG5 tips in the favour of casters a bit much since TOA is rife there.

I like the BGs for many reasons.

Less ToA. I don't mind stat capping and cast speed but it skips all the "I win" buttons.

Realm ranks are the same more or less. In RvR you're lucky to find anyone that's under RR6 lately.

Small scale. This isn't a tactics thing for me, it's a - I like having more than 1 frame per minute thing. In proper RvR you either get bent over and fist fucked in the shit box by a grp that's better than you (either in skill, toa, or realm rank - or all three) or it's too zergy. You get really, really really low fps, then twenty sorcerers mez all 100 of you, hit MoC and wade in. Boring.

So in general I just reckon it's more fun cos of the scale, realm rank, and no ToA shit.

My biggest dream is a BG6. All my character slots are used and they're either level 50 or 44. I cba to get the ones that are 44 to 50, ToA them, and never play 'em again so I just dabble in Leirvik.

A BG6 (45-49.5 RR5 cap) would be my wet dream as I could play all my alts that just gather dust now :D

Thlauni

Fledgling Freddie
I play BG's for the fun and easy access to a fight. I usually can play for 1-1½ hours at a time, so big RvR can be a bother with travelling and such sometimes.

In a BG i can just wade in and either blow someone up or get blown up, then redo.

And there is no exepctation that I should win cause of all the time I put into my char.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Teslacoil said:
Omg! I Got Wajned At From Gamah! I'm Elite Now Yeye!!!!

i was talking about people who dont play real rvr at all, and only play bgs :|

i used to play bgs myself sometimes to try out new chars etc, and besides u go on about making a good template just for leirvik, well its a BATTLEGROUND there arent high rr players or opted setups, and (bar a few) skilled players either. going into a bg with a great template is playing daoc on easy mode tbh.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Dunno if someone was winding me up or not, but a m8 said he spotted a Brittle Guard in Leirvik last week ?!

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Takhasis said:
Dunno if someone was winding me up or not, but a m8 said he spotted a Brittle Guard in Leirvik last week ?!

atm there is no Cap on ML abilitys in the last Bg , but a up and coming patch it will be ML4 ( i think).

If i remember right Bigbooms ( Thane on Excal) was ML3 or 4 when he was in Levkir when i was there with my Heretic ( Yamis)

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
[SS]Gamblor said:
atm there is no Cap on ML abilitys in the last Bg , but a up and coming patch it will be ML4 ( i think).

If i remember right Bigbooms ( Thane on Excal) was ML3 or 4 when he was in Levkir when i was there with my Heretic ( Yamis)

aye some people get ml10 in leir, remember a rush being led by a 44 wizzie :p

Kinag

Part of the furniture
A Banespike Merc in leirvik would be awful :-s

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
I enjoy playing my thid sb now and again and ive got several lvl 50's that i just havent gotten around to toaing out, although i like master levels and even artifacts ive reached a point where i cant be bothered to do either most mls are a case of get more than 2fgs go complete ml (and some people need to learn to read about ml steps)

anywho battlegrounds are fun big rvr is fun, its all a case of what you find fun to equip a thidranki player doesnt cost that much and can be easily done with a few peices of rog gear. Hoping the 1.81 patch notes should make getting toa done easily and quicker than the 6 months its taken us (although my templet is pretty hot ) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom