Battlegrounds Preview Part 3 (Green Onions included)

nick

Fledgling Freddie
Here it is!

Namely, the level difference which is appropriate me is a possibility of getting a well-mated profit in case him which will win a victory from battle with the player and.

In the base which will reach all PvP participants B are caused to defecate at 14 ranks and.

"World of Work Craft" is "World Good Outside" indeed.

I wonder what the newly added "Internal Troubles" stat is good for on those items.

pig

Fledgling Freddie
"The multi green onion mote Fall in knock downs"

AHHA! Its all perfectly clear to me now ;)

Cool armour sets though... wonder how many green onions i will need per piece

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
FFS that makes the all your base belong to us translation sound ok :/ that is a really appaling translation.

Can hope they put up the proper English version on US or Europe sites later.

pig

Fledgling Freddie
WOW

The Shaman armour set looks even better in English :D

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
WoW Official Site said:
This is our final in-depth look at the upcoming player-versus-player systems planned for World of Warcraft, and it deals with the new Honor System and Rewards. When these systems are deployed, there will be many more incentives for players to fight each other than just the thrill of the kill. And honorable PvP players will receive just rewards for fighting players that are of appropriate levels. We're in the midst of testing these systems, but there is already a lot that we can share with you.

As we have mentioned before, when you kill other players or aggressive PvP-enabled non-player characters (NPCs) in your level range, you will receive an honorable kill. All your honorable kills for a week are then calculated to give you an honor score for that week, which then translates into an honor ranking. This honor ranking carries with it titles and material rewards, and eventually, officer status and other perks.

There is alot more detail which won't post very well so you'll need to read the rest on their site. At least this serves as confirmation that they will indeed be implementing an honour system :clap:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hmmm... read some more and although 'honourable kills' will count towards a reward system, and 'dishonourable kills' will be noted, they won't at this stage be penalising people for their dishonourable kills in any way. The wording is very cautious though, clearly leaving the future open for this to be implemented if necessary in their view. Slightly disappointing, but a step in the right direction in my opinion :)

mts

Fledgling Freddie
fucking SWEET :D

cant wait for this to go live

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
I hope Rogues and Warriors armour set looks just as good or better than the shaman ones cuz it fucking roxor man!!

Vantros of the Delerium

Fledgling Freddie
gotta admit the fact u have to keep going to BG's in order to keep useing your sweet new armours fantastic, it then requires u to defend your realm more in order to wear some cool stuffs!!

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds Awesome.

Being able to PvP for gear is a god send, they dident pull a DAoC and make you do boring PvE to get gear worthy of PvP combat.

nick

Fledgling Freddie
Well you will still need to purchase/repair the items with gold. I hope they atleast think of some kind of monetary compensation for honour points/pvp.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Heh, the idea of having a salary for the officer ranks would be an interesting one to moot, giving more motivation to fight honourably I suppose.

Hrm.

Although it could create an elite clique of Grand Marshals and High Warlords, that is, as people stay at the top longer, it becomes more and more difficult to displace them. An unavoidable evil I suppose, after all, it's not a democracy ;)

Jerbear

Fledgling Freddie
damn web blocker i cant go to any of the site u all post up there. grr makes me so mad. i hate "web sence".

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
i didnt read it all tho some of it, all seems very intresting tho i think they should have it so it gets harder 2 earn points if ur at the highest level for a long time so u quickly fall down a few notchs and have 2 work ur way back up which allows new/lower chars to get up level wise aswell so there isnt always a elite at the top that are untouchable

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
i didnt read it all tho some of it, all seems very intresting tho i think they should have it so it gets harder 2 earn points if ur at the highest level for a long time so u quickly fall down a few notchs and have 2 work ur way back up which allows new/lower chars to get up level wise aswell so there isnt always a elite at the top that are untouchable

I was under the impression that is how it would work. One of things the site states is that they take your current PvP rank into account when determining the allocation of honour points. Reading between the lines, I'd assumed that this meant that higher ranks would accrue less honour points per kill and would have to work harder to retain their rank. To make it manageable, I guess Blizz would have the system take into account the honour rank of the target as well.

So for someone to stay at rank 14 week after week, they would have to play a phenomenal amount more than someone at say, rank 5. And even for the most hardcore players, this won't be sustainable for too long. So the ranks should be quite fluid.

Of course, thats just me reading between the lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom