Battleground ? :o

dat_hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
It seems to me that the fun of the battlegrounds is really gone, 90% of all the players i've "seen" running around are stealthers, and not just ordinary stealthers, most are fully sc'd and procced and with a bot ofcourse.

So any new players that come to daoc and want to try out some small scale rvr gets pwned by some dude that surely has plenty of lvl 50's and a whole lot of money, dont u think it's time to not take the battleground so serious and just run around like in the good old days?

tbh why not make 2 different battlegrounds : 1 for all the cool stealthers with their bots sneaking around and 1 with the "casual" players, then maybe the new players with low money also can enjoy daoc like you/we all did before..

Aruwynn

Fledgling Freddie
5 chanters grouped with a bard > all....
so we've all seen yesterday :clap:

even macho macho stealthers

Naugi

Fledgling Freddie
dat_hibbie said:
90% of all the players i've "seen" running around are stealthers, and not just ordinary stealthers, most are fully sc'd and procced and with a bot ofcourse.
Come on, when 3fg of any realm appears only 10% are stealthers, unless youre talking about 3am in the morning when its 'stealther time' and then maybe 90% are.

This problem is not Just stealthers of course. Sure they tend to have buffbots, but then they dont run in groups with Shamans, Druids etc who have just covered them in buffs. Its not a pretty sight to see an unbuffed Shadowblade try to take out someone who has been heavily buffed by his group.

Do you also think fire wizards (for example) should have their Power regen and Dexterity buffs taken away because they kill people in 2-3 fireballs? Should it be impossible to cast Con buffs on a Necromancers pet? (seeing as the fecking things are so damn hard to kill anyway).

People seem to want to nerf stealthers as soon as a buffed one appears and kills them, but wouldnt dream of saying there's anything wrong with being killed by a buffed Berserker who has a Shaman in his group.

At the end of the day, if buffs exist at all, then buffs should exist for all. Where the buffs came from (bot or active buffer) isnt so important. To make things equal you would have to ban all buffs.

dat_hibbie said:
tbh why not make 2 different battlegrounds : 1 for all the cool stealthers with their bots sneaking around and 1 with the "casual" players, then maybe the new players with low money also can enjoy daoc like you/we all did before..
Its a nice idea but I cant see how it would work? Position two Trolls at mpk gates who check your equipment as you enter and say 'sorry mate, you're not coming in here with those MP weapons'. ;)

Xplo

Banned
50% of alb bg population are bots and stealthers.

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Well it sure ain't easy to be an unbuffed stealther in there either. Some people just can't seem to handle losing to others in a fair fight and get buffbots and legendary weapons there... :worthy:

But what can you do about it. When i die i just try again, and sometimes i even kill someone. :)

Naugi

Fledgling Freddie
Xplo said:
50% of alb bg population are bots and stealthers.
Again, maybe at 3am. Not the rest of the time.

As a Shadowblade I spend my time hunting other stealthers and theres 4-5 of them usually. We always have a cg so we know how many and the deathspam tells its own story.

When 20+ albs attack ck and they are lined up along the shore ridge, there are clerics, friars, sorcs, necros, fire wizards, paladins, half ogre armsmen, you name it. The vast majority of any normal Alb/Hib/Mid force are non-stealthers.

There are usually 2-3 scouts around somewhere who will pop out and ping arrows into me as I try to make it back to ck gates after an attack. Its also common for 2-3 Infils to be around, sneaking up to the gatekeeper or harrassing people at mb (or occasionally being smart and guarding the casters on the ridge).

Those numbers arent carved in stone but I've never seen a daytime force where 50% are stealthers.

Detonation TnT

Fledgling Freddie
dat_hibbie said:
It seems to me that the fun of the battlegrounds is really gone

I ve run with 5 hibs (3 enchs and 2 ns if i can remember)

That was fun :p i mezz albs they stunn em and bolt em FTW!

Heh thats was really fun :pp

Destrow The Skald

dat_hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
Naugi said:
Come on, when 3fg of any realm appears only 10% are stealthers, unless youre talking about 3am in the morning when its 'stealther time' and then maybe 90% are.

This problem is not Just stealthers of course. Sure they tend to have buffbots, but then they dont run in groups with Shamans, Druids etc who have just covered them in buffs. Its not a pretty sight to see an unbuffed Shadowblade try to take out someone who has been heavily buffed by his group.

Do you also think fire wizards (for example) should have their Power regen and Dexterity buffs taken away because they kill people in 2-3 fireballs? Should it be impossible to cast Con buffs on a Necromancers pet? (seeing as the fecking things are so damn hard to kill anyway).

People seem to want to nerf stealthers as soon as a buffed one appears and kills them, but wouldnt dream of saying there's anything wrong with being killed by a buffed Berserker who has a Shaman in his group.

At the end of the day, if buffs exist at all, then buffs should exist for all. Where the buffs came from (bot or active buffer) isnt so important. To make things equal you would have to ban all buffs.

Its a nice idea but I cant see how it would work? Position two Trolls at mpk gates who check your equipment as you enter and say 'sorry mate, you're not coming in here with those MP weapons'. ;)

The thing is you can see those other players along time before they attack you ( hopefully ) with stealthers u can't. And i didnt write this to whine about stealthers with their buffbots ( We all know that it's a utopia ;p ) My point was that some people take bg far too serious, it should be a way for new players to try out some rvr and hopefully get hooked on it. hmm maybe they should make different stages of battlegrounds and maybe even the whole frontiers : 1 : beginners 2 : normal 2 : 1337 players ;o

Hintshigen

Fledgling Freddie
I just recently capped out my char in BG1, a hunter, and I did not have access to a BB and did quite well for myself, better in fact than those that relied on those buffs to win.

Though I didn't care that others had BB in the BG for their personal use.

This is my only character so I didn't have access to SC'd equipment or have a lot of money all my equipment for BG1 was obtained through quests and some of it dating back to level 8. And I still enjoyed myself.

Grymdaal

Fledgling Freddie
i think the majority of the BG1 crowd are lvl 50's playing alts.. tbh i dont think ive seen many newbs...and those that are get owned and dont often come back.. but you dont need buffs or an sc set to compete.. just ask the hibbies that tried to take the Ck from me last week at 6am.. set up shroom field after field and i pwnd them all..think i held them out for over 45mins.. then i had 2 solo albs who got their asses handed to them.. so its not all bad news and you certainly dont need bb's or sc sets to compete... really all you need is common sense and good awareness..ehhe i bet most stealthers are getting pissed off with me about my pbaoe fart uncovering them!! :fluffle: even the one NS that tried me in the lord room and got uncovered by an accidental pbaoe fart!! heh sorry :fluffle:

SiddlesVonHell

Fledgling Freddie
It's something I will never understand. Stealthers already have the highest surviveability rate and are IMO already the most overpowered classes in bg for numerous reasons. Yet they bot simply because they can't stand loosing. Myself I never EVER bot in bg, loads of people can confirm that.

I remember the days before /level. Those were the days. Oh how wonderful it was in bg then :p

Eloran

Fledgling Freddie
dat_hibbie said:
My point was that some people take bg far too serious, it should be a way for new players to try out some rvr and hopefully get hooked on it.

Think there would be a lot of very disappointed new lv50's getting ganked in "real" RvR if their only previous experience was a level playing field in Thid.

Thid should be looked upon as a hint/warning that things will only get worse as you lvl untill you find that the endgame is totally unplayable without inhuman levels of commitment - hence all the lvl50's playing Thid alts

Diar

Fledgling Freddie
Naugi said:
Should it be impossible to cast Con buffs on a Necromancers pet? (seeing as the fecking things are so damn hard to kill anyway).

if ur a hibbie, make a anim, arb spec, 4-5 bombers and they're pets are dead as dead as you as soon you approach MB...

if ur a middie, I don't know what char can nuke hard as hell, but make one of those and see the pets go down very quick :p

tedStar

Fledgling Freddie
Detonation TnT said:
I ve run with 5 hibs (3 enchs and 2 ns if i can remember)

That was fun :p i mezz albs they stunn em and bolt em FTW!

Heh thats was really fun :pp

Destrow The Skald

winning is fun.

Grymdaal

Fledgling Freddie
Diar said:
if ur a hibbie, make a anim, arb spec, 4-5 bombers and they're pets are dead as dead as you as soon you approach MB...

if ur a middie, I don't know what char can nuke hard as hell, but make one of those and see the pets go down very quick :p

my thane nuked down necro pets in 3-4 nukes if they were even con.. if green usually 2..then insta dd on running albie :touch:

Diar

Fledgling Freddie
Grymdaal said:
my thane nuked down necro pets in 3-4 nukes if they were even con.. if green usually 2..then insta dd on running albie :touch:

/vic =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom