BattleField 2 Demo Servers

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Jolt.co.uk Servers
IRC Channel for admin : #battlefield.jolt (Quakenet Server)
PunkBuster : On

Jolt.co.uk 04 - BF:2 Demo - 213.208.119.139:16564
Jolt.co.uk 05 - BF:2 Demo - 213.208.119.139:16565
Jolt.co.uk 06 - BF:2 Demo - 213.208.119.142:16566
Jolt.co.uk 07 - BF:2 Demo - 213.208.119.142:16567
Jolt.co.uk 08 - BF:2 Demo - 213.208.119.234:16568

The IPs of the servers will more than likely be transferred over to the full game once it's released.

See you on the Battlefield peeps!

(Well, you won't see me, because connecting from NZ makes it real laggy :D)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Think I may try Jolt servers instead of the Multiplay ones, the Multiplay ones have a very annoying 7 minute time limit.

You can still play Cdr but now you've got the perfect excuse every time you die.....and a real one too :)

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
hmmm there 'was', think we were having problems with it (100 people go accidentally banned yesterday :D).

I'll have a word with adams, see whats happening.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'm quite enjoying playing on Jolt 8. Decent server. 64 man one's are a bit too chaotic.

Poag

m00?
Cdr said:
hmmm there 'was', think we were having problems with it (100 people go accidentally banned yesterday :D).

I'll have a word with adams, see whats happening.

i was wondering why people were getting abnned an awful lot last night.

But how are you differentiating between TKers and somone who has just suicded [you get -2 score that] or someone whos blown themselves up one too many times ;)

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
the tool we use tells us how many times a player has team killed :).

Poag

m00?
adams901 said:
the tool we use tells us how many times a player has team killed :).
Kinda failed last night with a guy called Firon, had about 130 Tks to his name and was still on...luckily theres was a Jolt guy on who booted him...but still he pretty much cost us the game :(

i think his score was something like
-131 -133 50 56

he just cept C4ing out Black hawk as it took off :/

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
well it tells us how many team kills a player has but we dont know someone is team killing unless we are told. At which point we log into it and then check.

Deady

Fledgling Freddie
Problem is TKs are very to do in this game, especially with 64 players.

People running infront of vehicles, even at low speed gets you a TK.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Aye, and the name pop-up takes a while. IN which time you've shot the bloke thats just turned the corner/ popped out of the grass / youve heard shooting behind you.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I think the whole 'inadvertant TK' thing is going to have to be patched. The 'forgive TK' thing is a good idea, but hardly works on publics because people are twats basically. I don't mind getting a TK if I shoot someone by mistake, but its a bit of a pisser when you get one because someone runs behind your tank when you're in a firefight. I also got one last night when I C4'd a tank that was up by the building site; I was on one side, two other guys were on the other - I put C4 on, so did one of them, bang, we effectively TK'd each other. I know you could say i should be able to see my guys on the minimap, but its not always practical.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Yes they have. Apparently EA got the arse about people messing with the settings, and threatened all sorts of unpleasantness if things wernt put back to how they were :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Kidding right?

I read you don't seem to be kidding....fucking 12 minute rounds are really annoying, often we only manage to get through about 200 tickets and are just getting into it when the 12 minutes is up.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
LOL. EA are such tits, customising games settings to give players what they want is half the point of online PC games.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Im only just returning to this stuff, but as far as Im aware that is the case :/

xane

Fledgling Freddie
DaGaffer said:
The 'forgive TK' thing is a good idea, but hardly works on publics because people are twats basically.

I disagree, I've seen the "forgive TK" on CS:S and it works okay, the option to strike your TK'er blind is quite amusing !

Moving Target

Fledgling Freddie
Ugh, this game would be alright if it wasn't for the whole EA advertising bringing it down, especially having to use a Gamespy 'account' to play online. EA are...the lowest point of game publishing.

Oh yeah, if I rename the intro movies so I don't have to watch them, I can't play on the Jolt servers due to 'modified content'. Grrr.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I play on Jolt servers, and I have renamed all my adverty things. All I get is EA Games then the log in screen. You done it wrong somewhere.
Also, you cant expect a continuous experience points thing if you dont log in can you? And thats what this game has, like AA does.
(EA are still shit though I agree, it will probably end in tears :) )

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
xane said:
I disagree, I've seen the "forgive TK" on CS:S and it works okay, the option to strike your TK'er blind is quite amusing !

In CS:S a TK is basically you shooting or blowing someone up. In BF, there are so many more ways to inadvertantly TK; like them walking in front of your vehicle because they're dickheads, but 9 times out of 10 on a public you won't be forgiven for their stupidity, especially as score-whores can see the advantage of not forgiving you.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Moving Target said:
Ugh, this game would be alright if it wasn't for the whole EA advertising bringing it down, especially having to use a Gamespy 'account' to play online. EA are...the lowest point of game publishing.

Oh yeah, if I rename the intro movies so I don't have to watch them, I can't play on the Jolt servers due to 'modified content'. Grrr.

hmmm odd. Renaming the movie files shouldn't cause a 'modified content' error. Try moving the files out of the movie folder, see if this allows you to join.

As for TK's - I think once people get used to looking at the mini-map for the red artillery icon, or realising that you cant ride on top of vehicles any more then we'll see a decline in the number of accidental TKs. Hopefully this 'learning' period will be over once the main game comes out.

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
Thats what I did, just moved all the contents in the movie folder to a new folder inside, works ok ;)

Embattle

FH is my second home
The ticket situation on Jolt servers seems a little bit wrong considering the enforced time limit, although they are rather high its more to do with the difference between the two teams.

Poag

m00?
DaGaffer said:
In CS:S a TK is basically you shooting or blowing someone up. In BF, there are so many more ways to inadvertantly TK; like them walking in front of your vehicle because they're dickheads, but 9 times out of 10 on a public you won't be forgiven for their stupidity, especially as score-whores can see the advantage of not forgiving you.

And the oh so ever fun of 'wild stingers' you know you shoot em after a nmy jet only for it too break lock...stinger flys on and locks onto a friendly aircraft...i've given up using stingers on the publics.

Moving Target

Fledgling Freddie
Embattle said:
Any one else suddenly losing connection to the servers?

*sit there 5 minutes waiting for it to load, about to click on 'Join Game'*
"Your connection to the server has been lost"

C**t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom