Battlefield 1942 demo

S

SFXman

Seems to complicated for me, I never played any war games as such... maybe just RTS but that's all.

B

Brinx

I quit FPS a few months after Q3 came out and this is the only game that's got me interested in playing since. The demo is class and judging by the video plus the playability already there, the full game is going to be fantastic fun.

"Most fun since QW" as someone on IRC put it :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

The only problem I have is... can't connect to any servers*sighs*
Every server I try to conncet wants a password...

Am I doing something wrong, Mr. Modivator?

Edit: Ah... never mind:) Works now... and it's SWEEEET. Love it!

R

Reverant Mezz

yeh seems comon with demo's nowadays....

find a server u like, conecting.... enter password.

but when ya do get on battlefield its one of the most fun games fps/team based in a long time :)

only if the lag and mulitplayer intereface on operation flashpoint was as good as this

never the less a very good game :)

O

old.tRoG

130mb? screw you :p

that should take roughly 3 days with my famous Tin Can & Peice of Mouldy String™

S

SFXman

Hehe, downloaded and installed but after I started it I just quit and played DAoC :rolleyes:
Maybe I will try it sometime.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Brinx
I quit FPS a few months after Q3 came out and this is the only game that's got me interested in playing since. The demo is class and judging by the video plus the playability already there, the full game is going to be fantastic fun.

"Most fun since QW" as someone on IRC put it :)

A leap...from quake...to realistic war fps...righty then, quite a leap there :D

O

old.tRoG

now quake 3, that IS a good game :)

just a shame i have to play it on my famous Tin Can & Peice of Mouldy String™ :p

N

Nala Lionne

Looks interesting! Think I might get it and go kill Sickofit...

Or just die repeatedly. Suicide is always fun.

Did you clear the server problem up sick?

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Yes, ma'am. Using GameSpy rather than the built in lookee for games majigger.

PH34R TEH J4P4N353 SNIPAH!!1;)

N

Nala Lionne

Yes, ma'am. Using GameSpy rather than the built in lookee for games majigger.

EURGH.... Gamespy is TEH EWUL. I dunno why, I just don't like it.

It can BURN.

PH34R TEH J4P4N353 SNIPAH!!1 ;)

Urhh ... :m00: .

In other words... no. :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Bah, you have to get used to it:)
It's fun. Great fun.. having more fun with the BF demo than playing DAoC*looks scared*

B

Brinx

They've annouced today that they'll be a patch for the demo soon for All-Seeing Eye support, yay :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

How do I use the fecking nose cam? Heeelp

N

Nala Lionne

It's fun. Great fun.. having more fun with the BF demo than playing DAoC*looks scared*

Perhaps because DAoC is a dull, repetitive, and skill-less waste of time? Just a thought :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Nala Lionne

Perhaps because DAoC is a dull, repetitive, and skill-less waste of time? Just a thought :)

That's a common phenomenon with every game, though... If not with everything in life.

Thanks, I am feeling depressed now... ;)

And thank you, Brinxie. Steering the planes is still a pain in the arse but it's a tad easier now.
Any idea how to use the scout's "calling Arty" ability majigger?
Use binoculars, then alt fire button... but it does nothing unfortunately :(

B

Brinx

You point at a target with binoculars then when a guy in an artillery gun presses alt-fire he gets a view of the target with adjusting slide bars. It's great when you've got someone else you know doing it with you :)

S

SilverHood

what are the artillery guns? the big ones that point to sea?

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Does that work with ship arty, too?

Hijacked a destroyer last night... holy cow them things are difficult to maneuver...

Played my first 16/16 mass battle last night. The game really reaches its full potential with those kind of numbers... gawds was that fun :)

S

SilverHood

Having a bomber squadron with pilot + gunner is fucking great
6 people all working together, with the peeps on ground calling for airstrikes

Great!

B

Brinx

As far as I know, it works with both the land art guns and the ones on the cruiser. Though I haven't tested both yet. Problem is that they only spin around so far so you've got to do it with one that's aiming vaguely at the target already. Still very powerful if you pull it off though :twak:

N

Nala Lionne

Wheee this game is so much fun! Speeding around in the little jeeps, jumping out, running up to tanks and blowing them up ...!

yay :clap:

when it comes to flying I'm clueless ..... I can't even work out how to bomb :(

but its such a fun game! highly recommended :D

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Didn't you say it was shyte earlier, Nala?;)

But you are right- it's a great game.

The problem is: finding a good server. Most games are bloody password protected. Then finally you find a great server without teamkillers, spammers, arses etc. and then -zap- you get disconnected for some reason.

Well... I have a fine connection (1mbit).. it's my comp that's crap (PIII/700), though the game runs fine (at 800x600x16 --- hush!;)).

Seems daddy has to get himself some 1337 supercomp for x-mas this year:)

N

Nala Lionne

Nah, never said anything bad about it.

I first saw it in - this amusing video

It's lots of fun, I'm just not much good :)

[I get servers fine, and my pc is nice and quick, so that isnt a problem, but ..... i end up in a lot of laggy servers with a ping over 200 and lots of loss, altho im on 512kb ADSL. Damned annoying :)]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom