battlebard spec

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
none. solo'ing for a bard pretty much died when toa came out, things like speedwarp and everyone gaining shitloads of damage potential where bards only gained casting abilities and a few hp fucked it up.

i was 43 nurt 44 music 10 reg 21 blunt which worked fine, really really fun pre-toa. could kill mincer/infil duo's pretty often, not many classes could handle me with all ra's up (ip, am, 2x insta)

it's near impossible to put up a good fight against a decent player, and random noob-bashing gets very dull very quickly. shrug, i wouldn't bother anymore unless someone gives me a few hundred plats to sponsor the gear i'll need to be able to outlast the average enemy

Tinneth

One of Freddy's beloved
I hvae been thinkin about this for a while , and Vodka i was ur spec a while and it deos work but as u say in ToA it is obsolete, I was thinking of a differnet spec

9 reg for cure disease and posion,
44 Music for last DD which most bards know deos the dmg :p, and x2 instas
Here i am battling with my self 33 music :twak: It will give u yellow speed and end , But u get enough points to go 35 blades which gives u a nice opening Fire Blade , a back style , a Stunning block style with a follow on , I might try it :flame: altho red speed and end has saved my ass to many times from groups

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
there has never been a batlebard spec... just the general joke about it.

But, as a matter of fact a high rank bard can beat most classes 1vs1, and it aint hard to beat multiple enemies if they are dummy, not because of the awesome dmg output but survivability.

I do remember when daigh respeced his bard 2398423423 times and tried everything (hes a bit mad ;p~) and eventually he was 44blunt, we dueled and i won with 5blunt. You simply are not a melee class and 2 non-resisted DDs will do more dmg than 40extra weaponspec points whacking over a minute.

Hell, i remember logging on back from a linkdead, and beating down a rr4 savage 1vs1 prenerf. Even got a screenie somwhere, and no, holyfuck no i didnt outdmg him, i simply outsmarted him ;p~ (and had a 'few' extra buttons to press ;p~)

now more on the topic.. If what ur looking is for a spec alternative: My bard is 43nurt 44music 20reg 12blades.. why?

Well, ive never been the instaspammer kind of bard and most of the time i only use instamezz on mocers, archer adds whatever (when am not able to cast), therefore the extra radius on the last instamezz or the instamezz itself dont bother me much, hell.. nerf moc1 :\ has done a bards job much easier than it used to be, nor worried about its duration either due to toa %duration bonus (even tho i barely ever see a mezz run its whole curse anymore)

So basically i sacrifice last instamezz which totally does not bother me to get the lvl20 major spec heal which costs only 20power since patch and heals for 250sh wo variance. And again, why? Because i enjoy running in small gangs 2-4 ppl and such, and there it helps a lot.. not really your job in FG rvr, no.

And the 12blades.. its mostly the spare points, even tho lvl10 blade style snare is v useful at times too xDDD (and with battler charge i can hit up to 150/swing on determined targets!!!)

just my 3 cents!!1 ;d

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I am (till I get my artis leveld in 100 years) 21blades, 44music, 43nurt, 7reg atm and it was always fun to solo, but the problem is, that you need the hard melee artis to compete, so I'd rather do a grp template and respec to fotm 47music.

That guy from IPW...hmm....can't remember the name atm is like 40blades or so and he used to kick ass, but was all before ToA.

andree

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
That guy from IPW...hmm....can't remember the name atm is like 40blades or so and he used to kick ass, but was all before ToA.

U r thinkin of Begach :) Soloed his bard to 50 and then more or less to rr6

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom