Battle for Middle earth.

Repent Reloaded

Fledgling Freddie
Does anybody know if LoTR:BfME works on win98 ?
It says win2000/XP on the box but webpages like amazon say it works on win98, The box might mean it as recommended system spec.
I badly need to know as soon as possible so I can buy it for crimbo, cheers! :cheers:

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
As long as you have the latest version of direct X, 98 should run it fine. Might be time to upgrade tho, XP is far superior for gaming than 98

Path

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
As long as you have the latest version of direct X, 98 should run it fine. Might be time to upgrade tho, XP is far superior for gaming than 98

Come back to me with that statement when you can get X-COM Apocalypse, Chaos Gate and other games to run smoothly in XP without massive editing - if at all ;)

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
X-COM ftw! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Played em all cept the FPS (dun like those :() They r0x...

/Dracus

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Don't worry about getting the rest to work, just X-Com Apocolyse <grin>.

I couldn't <groans>.

Darzil

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
In essence - it (LOTR:BFME) should run on Windows 98 SE. The box only recommends Winxp and win2k because thats what they support if you ever have to call them up, with problems.

The recommended spec is simply that. A recommendation. :)

The best way of finding out if it works is ask for it for smas, install it, if it doesn't work, take it back :)

That way , if you get it from game who no longer offer 10 day returns on PC games, you can say it was a present bought by your mum and she doesn't know what ur PC is ... a win / win situation in my book :cheers:

Ghostly

Fledgling Freddie
Repent Reloaded said:
Does anybody know if LoTR:BfME works on win98 ?
It says win2000/XP on the box but webpages like amazon say it works on win98, The box might mean it as recommended system spec.
I badly need to know as soon as possible so I can buy it for crimbo, cheers! :cheers:

I doesn't work on Win 98. Friend of mine tried it and it doesn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom