Football Barton Gets 6 Months

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Premier League footballer Joey Barton has been jailed for assault and affray.

Barton, 25, was arrested in Liverpool on 27 December 2007 after he was involved in a confrontation outside a McDonald's restaurant in the city.

The midfielder, of Foxbank Close, Widnes, admitted the charges last month but reporting restrictions were only lifted on Tuesday.

He appeared at Liverpool Crown Court where Judge Henry Globe QC sentenced him to jail for six months.

The judge told him it was a "violent and cowardly act".

From http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7409943.stm

Should only do 3 months. Oh well.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
im slightly confused by your post there, but you seem to be upset by this?

in which case can i ask.. at what point does being famous make you exempt from the law ?

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
im slightly confused by your post there, but you seem to be upset by this?

in which case can i ask.. at what point does being famous make you exempt from the law ?

Not upset at all. I was oh welling at the 3 months for smashing someone in. IMO he should do at least 18 months.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
ah fair enough, misconstrued the "oh well" ;)

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
so, he gets 3 months, conveniently set when the season is finished

what a coincedence

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
ananova says he, 25, punched a boy, 16, "leaving him with broken teeth". imo he should be docked 9 months wages (25-16). that'll prolly hurt him more than a paltry jail sentence :/

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Aye hit the idiots in the pocket too!

Hope someone "looks after" him in prison :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Barton was also ordered to pay £2,500 to the youth whose teeth were broken.

Should be £250,000 just to make it fair. Chav little fucker Barton is, brother was done for a racist murder wasn't he? Sounds like a bad family all round...

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Should be £250,000 just to make it fair. Chav little fucker Barton is, brother was done for a racist murder wasn't he? Sounds like a bad family all round...

Yup, the one with the ice axe :(

He's just a thug who is fairly good at football, he poked a teammate in the face with a lit cigar and assaulted (fairly viciously looking at the outcome) a teammate in training whilst at Citeh.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
He's played the "alcohol addiction" card. Load of bollocks, even if he has a alcohol problem it is no reason to punch someone 20 times and then attack a youth.

Fair punishment would be a lifetime ban from football handed down by the FA on top of any jail time he serves.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
He's played the "alcohol addiction" card. Load of bollocks, even if he has a alcohol problem it is no reason to punch someone 20 times and then attack a youth.

Fair punishment would be a lifetime ban from football handed down by the FA on top of any jail time he serves.

You what? You mean soneone at the FA having to make a decision like that? Thats like using your common sense aint it? NEVER

They still cant work out what paper to use in the photocopier!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well we can always really on sepp blatter, just wait till he hears about this :)

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
"Well have none of your nonsense in 'ere Barton"

porridge.jpg

As Barton has played well for the last month or so I thought the spacker Toon fan message boards would be saying they would be gutted if he went down. I ahve to say 98% of them are saying he should of got a harsher sentence.

Gray

FH is my second home
Lives in my town somewhere.

Cant stand him though, seems like a right prick. By all accounts he attacked someone, then laid into him while he was on the ground, then later on attacked some teenager.

remember a few years ago when he smacked some Everton fan in Thailand i think, while Everton/ManCity were on tour.

Dont know why Newcastle went for Barton though, thought they had enough of the images that Dyer and Bowyer left

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Lives in my town somewhere.

Cant stand him though, seems like a right prick. By all accounts he attacked someone, then laid into him while he was on the ground, then later on attacked some teenager.

remember a few years ago when he smacked some Everton fan in Thailand i think, while Everton/ManCity were on tour.

Dont know why Newcastle went for Barton though, thought they had enough of the images that Dyer and Bowyer left

He was in a bar and an Everton "fan" was shouting his mouth off to Barton. Allegedly a young lad (late teens IIRC) told his dad to shut him up or the like and then the dad got funny so Barton stubbed his cigar onto him. I think thats how it went.

Barton has when he got his head down shown what a good footballer is, but thats not enough really. Your a pro and you need to show that on and off the pitch. God knows why Fat Sam and Fat Freddy went for him though like you say Gray.

Tossers all three of them!

JingleBells

FH is my second home
He was in a bar and an Everton "fan" was shouting his mouth off to Barton. Allegedly a young lad (late teens IIRC) told his dad to shut him up or the like and then the dad got funny so Barton stubbed his cigar onto him. I think thats how it went.

You're mixing two events together, he stubbed a cigar in the eye of Jamie Tandy a youth teamer

wiki said:
The following summer, Barton was sent home from a pre-season tournament in Thailand after assaulting a 15-year-old Everton supporter who had provoked Barton by verbally abusing him and kicking his shin. Barton had to be restrained from attacking the boy further by teammate Richard Dunne. Barton underwent anger management therapy at the order of City manager Stuart Pearce and paid £120,000 in club fines

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom