Barker and Xioeen? maybe?

Ceiastae

It's my birthday today!
As my guild mate, and In real life friend, just lost all of his plats, a Immolated ring.

->Thrae lost it<-

whoever is doing this, we will try fix it with GOA, crappy hackers! we'll get you!:twak:

Ceiasta, level 50 warden
Lliad Ddraig
RR5l6

Punishment

Resident Freddy
This is nothing to do with Haxxorz ...

If u share ure details with a meight and he passes to another mate via msn etc ... these things happen ;)

Only trading logs can determine who scammed u ... and because of disclaimer when u buy the box saying accs cant/shouldn't be shared they might not even bother doing this for u ...

Whats the moral of today's story kids ???

Ceiastae

It's my birthday today!
he havent even given hes details away Punishment, and as they say on other posts, Xiooen and barker Scamming accounts, but well i dont know if its them.

but its really a shame :eek:

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Ceiastae said:
he havent even given hes details away Punishment, and as they say on other posts, Xiooen and barker Scamming accounts, but well i dont know if its them.

but its really a shame :eek:

The only way they can get acc details is by cosying up to someone and getting a lend of a char etc ...

If they were 1337 enough haxxorz to strike multiple daoc accounts by chance then why spend time @ it tbh ???

Haxx some offshore accounts ;)

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Exactly punishment...

Ceista ur m8 must have given his acc details to sumone at sumpoint for them to access his acc and steal the stuff in question. It would b very hard to hax sumones acc tbh.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Adlatus Hellbringer said:
Exactly punishment...

Ceista ur m8 must have given his acc details to sumone at sumpoint for them to access his acc and steal the stuff in question. It would b very hard to hax sumones acc tbh.

What did i say ... im a genies ass :D

P.S. If i log in my account tomorrow and my sexy elph is nekkid then im gonna get very excited ... and then cry my eyes out @ teh Bad KaRmA :(

Painz

Fledgling Freddie
oh lol, i really doubt many from DAoC has enough skills to actualy make a backdoor on your computer and then actually access your computer. If they should have the required skills why would they hack your mates acc? :p. I know, lets just say lots of other accs with tons of shit on. Doubt someone hacked your friend, im sticking to punsihments version with the acc sharing, but anyways try and mail goa and show us the logs here so we all can see what bastard did it (and ofc flame) :p.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, no one in hib likes these guys, but you can't go accusing people without proof, and you have none.

There are many ways other players can get access to an account, 99.99% of these are down to carelessness or stupidity, rarely does anyone actually hack an account.

The most common are:

Players using internet cafe's
Players writing down their passwords, leaving them in an internet cafe etc
Players using unsecure email accounts
Players buying an account or trading one (the all time number 2)

And, as has already been said, the golden number one, sharing account details.

Be interesting to know who's account it was, im willing to bet its a traded one or one well known to be shared...they always are.

Ceiastae

It's my birthday today!
Well i know, but your just getting
Mad! over it. sorry for my flipping out ;)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Ceiastae said:
Well i know, but your just getting
Mad! over it. sorry for my flipping out ;)

No ones getting mad meight ... and honestly i wise u the best of luck getting items back as if it happenned to me id be gutted :D

That being said its just logical that what was said above is the case ... as i seriously doubt barker+xio have the brains between em to hack individual acc's ... as u would quickly see Sheph <aka teh i can't trade right now as i am holding maximum plats allowed > getting haxxed and other pve whores ... Hi Frozodo :p

So there must u see be some way ure m8's acc got targetted ... its all about tracability ... could be dodgy e-mails... keyloggers ... anything ...

Good luck getting it restored ... and MOST importantly NAME+SHAME the person involved for the good of the whole community ... but after u have proof ... not before ;)

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
why would u even name some ppl which u have no idea if they did it or not...

Gidget

Fledgling Freddie
Actually i vote Ceiasta is xioeen's till now secret project, and he made this thread with the purpose to get some more attention with another thread, since attention is all that poor guy needs, lol

edit: oh yes, and i'm xioeen too, since i'm posting here and bumping this thread :p

*bump*

Dorimor1

Banned
Jesus hibernia has a real problem with these 'hacks'. You really need to get your act together and protect your details and don't give them away to anyone, not even your grandmother

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Dorimor1 said:
Jesus hibernia has a real problem with these 'hacks'. You really need to get your act together and protect your details and don't give them away to anyone, not even your grandmother

just give the details to ppl you can trust =) And if in doubt don't give them to anyone at all :p

Seriously, sometimes I wonder what kind of strange "friends" people have. I'd give my bank card to some people who have my acco cause I know them so well.

Just sad that some people are pretty f***ed up people irl and do such stuff for fun.

But what Dorim said is true, don't use any MSN shit for your secure stuff, don't print your PW's in a textfile on your computer (best is: passwords.txt, you help our your local haxxors and save them tons of time), use Anti-Spyware programs, use a Firewall, use a Virus scanner etc. etc. etc.

Girafmad

Fledgling Freddie
Barker and Xioeen? maybe?

witch hunts like that is wrong even if the 2 are :wanker:

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Dorimor1 said:

"Unfortunately, like German tourists, the stupid are everywhere" ;)

A cookie to the first one to name the quote :)

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Dorimor1 said:

Nah, need to trust people a bit imo. I have trusted at least 2 others with my details, and I know where one of them lives and I'll get Punishment to go round and beat up the other one up if he steals stuff (you know what I mean Celly lol). :m00:

If it happens, I'll just quit and play something else. (Yeah, I'm not kidding myself with that comment). :touch:

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Tallen said:

A Red Dwarf fan, Huzzah!! :)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Tallen said:

German tourists are the worst ever from what I've heard. Behave like pigs mostly and play the funny dudes. At least I read that in some review.

But your quote is not 100% correct, I didn't find it on google :p

Rytz

Loyal Freddie
I wouldnt doubt a second that Barker and Xioeen would scam or steal your items, as a matter of fact the barker account was scammed from the owner and they recently scammed nightwishes account to ;d

Dorimor1

Banned
kiliarien said:
Nah, need to trust people a bit imo

You are right.. there are many people in the world who you can trust but how many times have we heard when so called 'friends' screw each other over, aslong as you can really really trust someone then I don't see why not. Its just if you're giving your details to someone they may give it to someone else who they really trust, but not someone who you necessarily trust, in many cases this has been passed on a number of times, resulting in someone untrustworthy getting his hands on it x<

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
German tourists are the worst ever from what I've heard. Behave like pigs mostly and play the funny dudes. At least I read that in some review.

But your quote is not 100% correct, I didn't find it on google :p

Actually your right, he doesnt say "unfortunately", actual line is:

"Nevertheless, sir, like German Tourists, the stupid are everywhere."

Have a cookie also :)

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
lots of the barker/xioeen flames been down to pure stupidty by other gamers tbh. NEVER give permissions to peeps u dont know for vaults.. NEVER give peeps your account details.

yes, those 2 been known to rip peeps off and im disgusted at thought barker was in my guild and being a complete dick to other peeps, but never did he have our accounts or guild access.

you gotta be more careful. want them booted? take screenies of thier abuse they give u if any, other than that, sort your ranks and house access out.

it aint just those 2

Ceiastae

It's my birthday today!
Its funny, he tryed to log his account, in while they was on it.
he couldent get online, but! He could get on Prydwen etc, thats wierd?
and after he got on Excal agin he lost 25 plats and a Immolated ring, thats kinda Sad :eek: and thrae is the guy who doesn't give account details away, im sure in that, but nevermind lets stop this and play agin ;) can't really do anything.

Painz

Fledgling Freddie
Ceiastae said:
Its funny, he tryed to log his account, in while they was on it.
he couldent get online, but! He could get on Prydwen etc, thats wierd?
and after he got on Excal agin he lost 25 plats and a Immolated ring, thats kinda Sad :eek: and thrae is the guy who doesn't give account details away, im sure in that, but nevermind lets stop this and play agin ;) can't really do anything.
Who were they then? Barker and Xioeen or thraes neighbor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom