Bard artifact help and guild invitations

fetwelvezz

Loyal Freddie
Hello, I'm back to daoc after a 1 year break and I recently dinged 50.
I know where to get info about TOA but I though maybe I could make it easy for myself and ask the friendly people on freddys to help me.

I am specced 47 music 16 regrowth 43 nurture (I got 16 points left I dunno what to put on, either blades or crush/hammers please suggest something)

I would like to know if there is like a list (or if someone could make one) with what artifacts my kind of bard needs to become for teh win.
I've read around and I would like to be a Soujurner.

Lastly, we're looking for a couple of active and experienced swedish speaking daocplayers for our guild, who also know how to handle irc and stay on it :D
Info is in my sig, thank you.

Merrilow

Fledgling Freddie
About the 16 spec points, you can spec blades 4 times to get the Shining blade style (which gives roughly +1 when the style is performed prefectly) then spec blunt once to get contusions (Does slightly more damage but uses more end). Hope that helped in some way ;)

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
Pheobus Harp Neckie and Crocodile Tear Ring to start with

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
Personally I made a template with Cloudsong, Crocodille Tears Ring and Phoebus Harp. That takes care of 10% castingspeed and 10 dex cap from the lute aswell as some duration. I wanted to keep it simple so beside that I got hold of a couple +dex items and just filled in with good util items and used MP RF for all armorslots except one where I used some "set" drops with +healing effectiveness on.

Golden Scarab vest has a real nice level 10 reactive proc if you wanna expand a bit, it has a snare component that every bard will love when being assisted on. Its a pain to level though. Scalars are popular for the shapechange, but personally I think the fighterversion of them (as the bard get) are a waste of imbue and not worth it. I would think more about getting Dreamsphere for the change if you want one. Other than that I would say maybe get Ceremonial Bracer dex-version to up your dex 5 pts more, aswell as provide a semi-protective shield against first mez/stun with the feedback. When you're primary mezzer its annoying to get caught off guard and have to blow purge to get the others, nice to save that for stuns when melees are on you.

Good luck.

Ade

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm , i'd say Guard Of Valor just for that spicy +5 dexcap it brings.
I find it nice if a bard template has 25dex cap , it makes it so fast ;D
Also GoV brings some cast speed etc. which is also very nice hehe.
The only difference with Gsv is that its got the dexcap and its a much more camped artifact to get , but its worthwhile.
I was also thinking of ceremonial bracer ;> the bracer works as a mezz/stun
bladeturn which comes in damn usefull for any class.
Bracer of zo'arkat is an option , that charge of green demon mobs is a great
interruptor on any enemy CC'er but this one is upto you :p
Thats pretty much all that comes into my mind atm, good luck with your bard m8 and have fun :cheers:

vintervargen

Banned
ceremonial bracer / band of stars for 10 dex cap and nice abilities (SPRAGGON).

jacinas sash for belt, nice with +range. egg of youth as jewel is never wrong as well.

guard of valor as chest piece for additional +range.

not the easiest items to get / exp tho ;[

fetwelvezz

Loyal Freddie
Ok this is what I got so far, some spots still missing :)
I'm wearing epic armor currently.

Neck: Pheobus Harp Neckie
Cloak: Cloudsong
Jewel:
Ring: Crocodile Tear Ring
Ring:
Bracer: Ceremonial Bracer
Bracer: Bracer of Zo'arkat
Shield:
Weapon:
Head:
Torso:
Arms:
Hands:
Legs:
Feet:

And btw use full arti names I cant make out the abbreviations :D

Splatz

Fledgling Freddie
Erm just to correct the guy who said gov had cast speed on it.
Bards get the tank version off gov whice dosent have cast speed :(
On the other hand we do get range and spell damage on it,
and you really want range capped as it will help vs pac healers who dosent have capped range on a front to front situation. Also try to get a hand of Bracer of Zokart( god i can never spell this artifact right) for the ace demonlike therug kinda pets ;)

I would also like to add that when you pick artifacts because off theire abilitys you should rember that artifacts with pulesing chants (Cloudsong, Crown of Zahur etc,etc) will overide your songs pow,end and speed and vica versa. Another note is that only cloth casters get the power heal charge from jacinas. bards will get the crappy 25% insta heal from it :mad:

Here are the artifacts i use :eek6:

Guard of Valor, Egg of Youth, Phoebus Harp, Traitors dagger, Scepter of the Meridtious(spelling?), Bracer of Zokart and Cerm Bracer

PS. Shapechanges artifacts are also very nice for bard(Traitors, Tablet, DS etc,etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom