Barbarian

Aada

Part of the furniture
Fuck me made this about 10mins ago and why didn't i do this last night? smashing zombie scum heads in then watching them fly across the map like dolls?

Pure fun.

Aada

Part of the furniture
When you look like a huge ass mofo like you do i'm sure it's even better.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Loving it at the moment but cant help but think using a shield is holding it back a little. Not found any decent 2 handers yet, all seem to have less dps than 1 handers and shields have such nice stats!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
barb is fun :)

Wont play it serious but its a fun diversion

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Loving it at the moment but cant help but think using a shield is holding it back a little. Not found any decent 2 handers yet, all seem to have less dps than 1 handers and shields have such nice stats!
I got myself a shield now aswell, seeing that I was the onlyone dying yesterday when we took elite/bosses xD

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, bought a really nice weapon from the AH last night so put my other decent weapon in my offhand slot. The damage mitigation of using a shield far outweighs the small dps gain from using an offhand weapon...or seems to at least from the small amount of testing I did.

WTB recount damage meters for Diablo!

It seems a bit off to me that the 2h weapons are generally rubbish and 2h damage isn't that much more than 1 hand. Maybe it's broken!

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Yeah, bought a really nice weapon from the AH last night so put my other decent weapon in my offhand slot. The damage mitigation of using a shield far outweighs the small dps gain from using an offhand weapon...or seems to at least from the small amount of testing I did.

WTB recount damage meters for Diablo!

It seems a bit off to me that the 2h weapons are generally rubbish and 2h damage isn't that much more than 1 hand. Maybe it's broken!

Btw, you know that you can use all you're "elite" skills(The 4 key) at the same time? BloodOmen just told me yesterday how to do so! I saw that you only had the earthquake thingy bound after inspecting you! :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah I know, you can change the mode in the menu at the moment I like using the ones I have, though that will probably change when I start hitting some tough bosses. Aoe damage with a self heal on each mob, aoe attack speed debuff (I sometimes change it though) the earth quake thing is great for those stupid fly things. Then the AOE ice damage thing for elites, huge amount of damage from that on packs.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

Nah, 2 handers are more burst oriented, 1 handers are for sustained DPS (and better survivability if you have 2 weapons with +x health per hit on them). /edit2: possibly have it wrong here but that's what i've been noticing.

I found 2h best when your just out and about facing hoards of mobs and DW when doing bosses.

here's a few posts about 2 handers and DW..

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/67104/are-2-handed-weapons-ever-worth-it

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/que...ted-dps-calculated-when-dual-wielding-weapons

/edit: and here's how you supposedly calculate average DPS.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4768627926

Last edited:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Made a personal loonie record yesterday; skeleton king down with barbie in just under 1 hour on hardcore. Heart will never be the same :D

Shame that barb ain't really my style of character, but it's fun still in it's way :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Used duel wield for a while, 600ish dps main 450ish dps offhand. Decided it was cack, barely any more DPS with a hell of a lot less defence. Gone back to sword/shield.

Seems a bit daft to me tbh!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
You need 2 weapons of similar DPS to get any real benefit over 2h or S/S as you alternate MH/OH attacks instead of swinging both at the same time.
So with that much difference in DPS i can understand if you thought it was bad..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom