Banshee movie

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Bonehead said:
w8 until u see my BD pve movie!! teh rox!
sry I dont wanne watch a "1 button class foty-for ever hey look I can press 1 button and still own all" movie =P:eek6:

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
the spectral force line (which conatins the FAE bolt and the FAE dd seen in that movie) have been nerfed already. Top fae bolt delve reduced from 380ish to 297 and the fae dd from 262 to 174. Considering the spells have 750 and 600 range they are pretty useless now. The line also contains a group magic ablative chant, which according to testers is utterly useless (ticks every 30 secs)
As it looks now most bainshees will go for 50 Ethereal Shriek (1850 range, 350 radius aoe bolt; 2300 range, 400 radius, 75% value aoe nearsight; 1500 range, 400 radius, 70% aoe snare; 1500 range, 350 radius, 174 delve aoe dd and a bolt/arrow blocking chant) and 20 Spectral Guard to reduce variance on the 1500 range, 223 delve base dd.

To me that class looks very gimped and isn't even worth trying.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Garbannoch said:
the spectral force line (which conatins the FAE bolt and the FAE dd seen in that movie) have been nerfed already. Top fae bolt delve reduced from 380ish to 297 and the fae dd from 262 to 174. Considering the spells have 750 and 600 range they are pretty useless now. The line also contains a group magic ablative chant, which according to testers is utterly useless (ticks every 30 secs)
As it looks now most bainshees will go for 50 Ethereal Shriek (1850 range, 350 radius aoe bolt; 2300 range, 400 radius, 75% value aoe nearsight; 1500 range, 400 radius, 70% aoe snare; 1500 range, 350 radius, 174 delve aoe dd and a bolt/arrow blocking chant) and 20 Spectral Guard to reduce variance on the 1500 range, 223 delve base dd.

Where did you find this information?

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
That thing is like the mobile iron curtain vehicle in red alert. Bring a couple of those beings to a keep and archers/bolters will never bother you again. :p

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:

so lets see, the damage in one line got nerfed(like it wasnt fucking lolocaust already) and for you the banshee went from "im DEFFO gonna play one" and straight to "not gonna try one" ?

You, aswell as ANYONE else that can read english and have a little understanding of daoc mechanics saw that banshee's were gonna be so fucking steamloller it was retarded. That said, it seemed like a very funny class to play, to me it still does but guess the fire went out of your enthusiasm...

right garba, i thought more of you, but seems like imbawannabe has rubbed off or sumt.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:
so lets see, the damage in one line got nerfed(like it wasnt fucking lolocaust already) and for you the banshee went from "im DEFFO gonna play one" and straight to "not gonna try one" ?

You, aswell as ANYONE else that can read english and have a little understanding of daoc mechanics saw that banshee's were gonna be so fucking steamloller it was retarded. That said, it seemed like a very funny class to play, to me it still does but guess the fire went out of your enthusiasm...

right garba, i thought more of you, but seems like imbawannabe has rubbed off or sumt.

tell me what use a low range 174 delve dd is? if i want to do damage in melee range i play a pbaoe caster with 300+ delve spells. I agree the delves were too high - at least for the fae dd - it should be around 210-220 not 260 and also not 170

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
tell me what use a low range 174 delve dd is? if i want to do damage in melee range i play a pbaoe caster with 300+ delve spells. I agree the delves were too high - at least for the fae dd - it should be around 210-220 not 260 and also not 170

even with those nerfs, they still have ranged spells that are much more dps than any class so far in the game. AND a pulsing pbaoe chant which pretty much bones every tank trying to go for them, AND an AOE nearsight shit etc etc etc. The banshee is NOTHING but playerbaiting, and i feel another savage inc tbh

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Arnor said:
even with those nerfs, they still have ranged spells that are much more dps than any class so far in the game. AND a pulsing pbaoe chant which pretty much bones every tank trying to go for them, AND an AOE nearsight shit etc etc etc. The banshee is NOTHING but playerbaiting, and i feel another savage inc tbh

Then imagine the dmg growth rates on those funky Vampiir targetted styles, bet none of em is under the 1,00 rate

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:

listing all abilities from all spec lines doesn't make your point more valid - I can't think of anything the class could do better than another already existing hib class (except for aoe bolting tanks for 200 dmg)

highland3r

Fledgling Freddie
Bonehead said:
w8 until u see my BD pve movie!! teh rox!

imo profit from it m8 cous the times r over BDs will pwn with there one button when banshees r out lol

i think ur little healers will be blasted together 2 kingdom come i reckon , cant hardly wait 2 make me one and go one on one on bd (imagine if they got some descent RR also imo)

nothin will convince me otherwhys banshees r the new fotm class together with the other new classes inc (but banshee looks nicest)

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
listing all abilities from all spec lines doesn't make your point more valid - I can't think of anything the class could do better than another already existing hib class (except for aoe bolting tanks for 200 dmg)

Supress entire zergs of archers.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
to me it looks as though it would be good in a zerg v zerg battle, not much else nothing special really, though the semi shade form may be pretty usefull if soloing, depending on the spec ofc.

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
which is something everyone wants, except archers themself :)

I welcome it, my scout is overpowered from ontop of a lvl 10 keep anyway. :)

vintervargen

Banned
ae nearsight is just sickening.. it will be sooo much easier for hibs to defend/take towers/keeps, especially if they dont fix nearsight immunity (so that you can see if its cured or not without trying a spell).

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:

how about straight up damage?

"aoe bolting tanks for 200 dmg"

why do you even bother, you know as well as i do that except against chain/plate wearing shieldtanks, your damage will be on average around 1000 id guess. and Q fucking Q, shieldtanks are few and far between. You prolly will be doing 1400ish to cloth-bitches, 1200ish to studded-hoes and mebbe 800 to healer classes. yeeeoookk i see mentas/anis/chanters and elds doing this damage ALL THE FUCKING TIME AT RANGE. or maybe not.

if you can say to me with a straight face that pre-nerfed banshee was ANYTHING but overpowered, or that banshees as they are NOW are prolly gonna be overpowered, you are a much better liar then i am. Cudos for that atleast

edit: oh yes, as VV pointed out: If you can show me a hib class that can nearsight better then the banshee, then ill gladly sing you a christmas fucking carol. oh, and this is all on paper, who knows how their funky stuff will work in real rvr?

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:
how about straight up damage?

"aoe bolting tanks for 200 dmg"

why do you even bother, you know as well as i do that except against chain/plate wearing shieldtanks, your damage will be on average around 1000 id guess. and Q fucking Q, shieldtanks are few and far between. You prolly will be doing 1400ish to cloth-bitches, 1200ish to studded-hoes and mebbe 800 to healer classes. yeeeoookk i see mentas/anis/chanters and elds doing this damage ALL THE FUCKING TIME AT RANGE. or maybe not.

if you can say to me with a straight face that pre-nerfed banshee was ANYTHING but overpowered, or that banshees as they are NOW are prolly gonna be overpowered, you are a much better liar then i am. Cudos for that atleast

edit: oh yes, as VV pointed out: If you can show me a hib class that can nearsight better then the banshee, then ill gladly sing you a christmas fucking carol. oh, and this is all on paper, who knows how their funky stuff will work in real rvr?

well the nearsight is focus based - how long do you think a caster can stand (and stay there uninterrupted) on top of a keep without being hit by mages, archers, siege stuff etc - unfortunately aoe nearsight doesnt cover the whole zone; all you have to do is move 2 inches out of the aoe-ns area and there you go - problem solved
What i wanted to say with the 200 dmg bolts on tanks is i really dont give a flying f*** if i can hit 30 people with it - noone will die from a single bolt not even mages; I'd rather have 2 single target bolts and be actually able to kill someone. 1400 on cloth? I can count on one hand the times I have been bolted for more than 1000 dmg (unless i have just been rezzed and had no shields...). I was void specced for about 3-4 days before NF when I had 25% spell pierce and 20% relic bonus. Don't think I ever hit a mage for more than 800 dmg non crit. Alb mages with spec AF buff usually around 650-700. The bainshee bolts are even lower delve.
And yes I agree the dmg on the fae dd was too high - but it got overnerfed making it completely useless. You have to bear in mind it is 600 range and you wont kill anyone with that puny damage from 600 range - it sure will cause some interrupts for the enemy but that's about it - about the same as aoe dots: great for leeching in zergs otherwise useless.
And yes I can show you a hib class that can nearsight better than bainshee: light eld. Purple nearsight that sticks for 1min+ >>>>>> aoe focus nearsight that ends as soon as you sneeze at the bainshee.

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Arnor said:
ill gladly sing you a christmas fucking carol.

Tis the season to be jolly, TRA LA LA LA LA LA LA...Good king...oh fuck it's november, is it ok to sing christmas carols now?
Mind you shops and streets all over London are ready so lets bloody sing! :clap:

Oh to stay OT, Bainshee looks fun, AOE nearsight sounds a wee bit overkill but lets see how the other classes pan out, these funkeh new classes will need RvR homes to go to, so what if it's overpowered at first, give it a few months and before you can say "holy nerf batman" it'll be underperforming the following patch, we all know the negative wub the nerf bat givfs :(

Elahim

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:

^^^^^^

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
FAE bolt and FAE DD have no dropoff that's why their delves were reduced. Gonna be nasty even with reduced delve.

That's in the specline with the 223 delve st nuke (well the spec for the baseline nuke)

Other specs involve: (focus) aoe nearsight, aoe bolt, ranged aoe, ranged aoe snare.

or chanting pbaoe which with a second spec of the FAOE is pretty nasty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom