Banned from WoW : QQ

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
http://infernix.net/wowban/

Nice read, I have never read the WoW EULA but things like :-

"While I was training my different weapon skills by pressing the macro keys and healing myself every now and then, I watched some movies on my TV"

and admiting guilt is not going to do any favours :)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
those keyboars are cool, i have tryd one on shooting games... very nice indeed. but on mmo useing macros that u can sue whit the keyboard is same as useing some other macro prog :(

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think he should have been banned; he hasn't violated the EULA. If not paying full attention while playing is bannable, then 80% of the people I meet in pickup groups should be gone.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
I guess the way they see it his character skills were advancing while he was not at the pc.

Well thats the way it reads to me = botting = ban.

He didnt do any favours by saying "watching TV"

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
lol.

Admiting it was just stooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopid <.<

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
tbh, that's very poor on Blizzards part, but what can ya expect from blizzard?

doesn't even breach EULA or ToS at any point.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
He admits macro'ing via a keyboard and also not noticing he had been disconnected - fooked himself tbh...

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
I don't expect him to be unbanned, but I still think it's a bit silly. I mean, he was actually sitting near the computer at the time. He'd have to be to press the button.

Macro keyboards are not against the rules. He didn't use third party software. What was he abusing? Auto-attack?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Wow should be run by sony

They love giving you macros, just look at swg ;)

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Reading it, it doesn't look like he did anything wrong. The macro commands he used could just as easily be set up via the in game macro system anyway. Of course, it is just his word about what happened and I don't really care what happens to him anyway. :)

Kinag

Part of the furniture
He shouldn't have been banned.

They stated that the G15 keyboard can be used with WoW, and they didn't even give them a warning saying that they can't use the built in macro tools in it.

By not stating that, they basically ignored it and are in no position to ban anyone using them.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Of course he should have been banned. He admitted leaving the game unattended whilst the game carried on levelling him.

TBH, I don't see the difference between a piece of software on your PC or a keyboard attached to your PC when it comes to programming them to perform tasks for you in the game whilst you go off and do something else, watching TV in his case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom