Bands

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Ok so no body has been sending me any funi emails lately (no body loves me... oh well I have my wubly computer) so I gave up on the Off Topic forum :p

So howdy again ;) but anyway...

This thread is just to see who has seen what bands that made it 'big'.

I'll start off the list with:

The Darkness (Seen some time near the end of support or so)
Ash (Supporting the Darkness, was also 3 other bands but they sucked)
Green Day (Seen just last week on Jan 31st!)
New Found Glory (They were supporting Green Day)
Blink 182 (Seen on the 18th of Dec last year)
Sugercult (They were supporting Blink)
Feeder (Seen and going to see again in March 22nd)
Jimmy Eat World (going to see in March 15th)

Im also hopefully planning on going to Reading or Leeds this year or some other big concerts. Apparently going to see Foo Fighters in the summer.

Take into consideration im 17 so only seen newage bands really :p

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
i saw Lars Fredrikson and the Bastards live in Leicester on wednesday was really good show recommended for anyone into their punk

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Radiohead & Sleeper supporting REM at Milton Keynes many year ago.

Don't get much in the way of big bands comming to Dubai but did see 50 Cents at the Dubai Country Club last year. Was funny as hell watching all the local/Asian wanabee badass rappers saying, "yo n*gg*r" every 5 mins.

In late 03 there was a big free organised event the following playing:

Suede
Fun Lovin’ Criminals :worthy:
Dexy’s Midnight Runners
A
Lowgold
Stateside Hombres
Bilenge Musica
Stompers
Grey Test
Blue Light Jazz

'A' and the Stateside Hombres were very good. FLC were great.

Freaking Jethro Tull playing here soon:twak: , will avoid that one.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Seen far too many to list, but if you're going to a festival this year make it Reading. If you're more into the alternative scene you won't have a better time to be honest. Foos, Manics, Muse, Iron Maiden are all rumoured, as well as the Mars Volta, Velvet Revolver and all the usual turnouts (Greenday, Ash, Placebo, Offspring etc). Personally hoping to see Avenged Sevenfold and Funeral for a Friend turn up again, as well as Finch, Biffy Clyro etc.

There's always something on worth going to see, and as long as you remember to wake up to go and shit in a pub in town you can't go wrong.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
eggy said:
Seen far too many to list, but if you're going to a festival this year make it Reading. If you're more into the alternative scene you won't have a better time to be honest. Foos, Manics, Muse, Iron Maiden are all rumoured, as well as the Mars Volta, Velvet Revolver and all the usual turnouts (Greenday, Ash, Placebo, Offspring etc). Personally hoping to see Avenged Sevenfold and Funeral for a Friend turn up again, as well as Finch, Biffy Clyro etc.

What dates? Might try to get back to the UK for that one. Still own a house in North Waltam nr Basingstoke so only 15 mins by train from there. So won't even need to rough it in the tent :)

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
Uhm, last year was a pretty busy year for me, I got too see quite a few gigs though.

The Music - AHA! Amazing band, poor 2nd album and showing of commercial attitude ruining their original sound, but nontheless, never lose that reason too mosh, met them last year in liverpool when I met Bloc party, two amazing bands, very crazy! Although bloc left earlier than we expected. Was some crazy shit, my mates car was messed up cos he left the frontlights on, so all power had been drained, then he tried too open the door, but can't do the alarm will go off, becuase there isnt enough power too turn the immobilizer off! Anyways, 15 mins later, out pops the Music in their erm.. van.. offers to charge up our battery! :D I doubt they'd do that now though! :(

Bloc Party - 2 years ago, very little known of them, today they are on everyone slips, I think in the coming months they will be huge, just like Interpol will be.

theStArt - Very dancy, very punk, very make you want too dance, and just enjoy the music as you imagine it flowing through your veins, pure example of how powerful punk can be. Check out - Like days.

Interpol - Saw them 2 years ago, met them again in december at bristol academy (still have recording if anyone wants - not mp3 format though, you will need too decode them yourself), they have been a major influence for music I do, heavy influences from JD no doubt aid their amazing stage presence in harnessing everything JD are and making it better. Check out - PDA & Leif Erikson.

Stellastarr* - Another Punk/Alt band, my favorite band, will one day make it big, ran into them at the RHCP gig, paid £50 just too see them, how sad!
Check out - Somewhere across forever.

Kasabian - Staying with my mate in manchester in April, will be meeting Kasabian and just going crazy, I know their not new, but still nice too meet such a band, even if they do have an ego problem. Check out - well.. you'll probably know already :x

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
erm... RHCP, limp bizkit (i was 12, FO), the coral, Peter Doherty...

not really into going to big gigs

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
Big gigs suck, they don't show the true potential of a band.

RHCP are a wank band.

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
eggy said:

There's always something on worth going to see, and as long as you remember to wake up to go and shit in a pub in town you can't go wrong.

I dont want to miss that!

Hawkwind said:
What dates? Might try to get back to the UK for that one. Still own a house in North Waltam nr Basingstoke so only 15 mins by train from there. So won't even need to rough it in the tent :)

Im staying with you then? ;)

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Greenday in like 3 days /flex

hey sexyeggy :worthy:

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Green Day put on an AMAZING show in Ireland (the one I seen just a week ago)... best show I have seen so far and im sure not alot is gonna top it for some time

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Bleh, too many to list but not enough to stop going :D Am hoping to go to reading festival this year if it's any good. They seem to have a good rock/metal'ish lineup one year followed by a poo lineup the next. Last year was dire for bands so I didn't go :p

Still not done glastonbury but be warned, if you want to go there, be prepared to spend 24hours on the phone getting your tickets because the phone lines are horrendous. Alternatively go to a shop to only be turned down because you didnt set up a tent outside at 3am in order to get them. Next years is cancelled too so this years will be packed.

Ozzfest is getting annoying because ozzy instead of helping smaller bands get their feet on the ladder, hes going for trendy pop metal all the time which is really starting to get annoying. Limp bizkit, linkin park, papa roach...etc etc. In fact, I don't know if ozzfest is even coming over to the uk this year.

The only band I really wanna see but havent had the opportunity yet is aerosmith, simply because they havne't been over in years. :(

B

Bafsha

Going to see the Dropkick Murphys soon and saw Flogging Molly a couple of months ago, if you ever get a chance to see either of them then do it, great live gigs.

kirennia said:
Ozzfest is getting annoying because ozzy instead of helping smaller bands get their feet on the ladder, hes going for trendy pop metal all the time which is really starting to get annoying. Limp bizkit, linkin park, papa roach...etc etc. In fact, I don't know if ozzfest is even coming over to the uk this year.

Ozzfest is having the saturday at Download with Sabbath headlining instead of its own gig this year, if your into Metal then thats the festival of choice now I'd say. The big bands announced so far Feeder, Garbage, Billy Idol, Black Sabbath, Velvet revolver, HIM (why?! pile of shit), System of a down, Slipknot, Slayer and the bands yet to be announced, if its anything like last year, will be a lot better then whats on offer for Reading. Hopefully Raging Speedhorn will be there this year too \m/
bangin choons innit!

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Why the hell are Feeder in a metal line up?

I would like to see Velvet Revolver though, could of but I forgot to buy tickets :p

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
Nomans Land said:
Why the hell are Feeder in a metal line up?

I would like to see Velvet Revolver though, could of but I forgot to buy tickets :p

ROFL my thoughts exactly, its like how ASH are consider themselves PUNK and how they gloat about thier sounds being oh so PUNKish, rofl..

Interpol have amazing stage presense, if you liked Joy Division, then you will love Interpol too bits.

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Getting download tickets any time now, hopefully Chimaira / Lamb of God will turn up aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom