Balance

Mactavish

Loyal Freddie
This is from an old time gamer of many years and please don't jump on here with your young internet talk of qq and the likes. Observation after tonights rvr venture. Albion is the zerg realm- my arse, what good is a zerg of Albions against high RR hibs who wipe the floor with us and are overrunning us in our own realm? don't start me on early morning and late night relic raids. First of all those raids are ruining the game for me, whats the point defending relics when you are tucked up in bed with an early start for work the next day? I put alot of time in getting my old Armsman to RR7, for what? hes next to usless in rvr so i roll a sorc, fotm i hear you say ( wtf does that mean) . BAH this is harder to type than i thought, enough of me as i can't focus but I would like to thank the old school of Albion who are still trying to defend our realm against impossible odds.

Regards Mactavish aka Tongs (sorc)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
hibs are running 3 or 4 fg roaming around. would be great to have a static grp again with atleast 3 or 4 different groups to fight :(

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
almost every alarm clock raid pre nf was by albs
very rare albs even tried prime time

it is a shame that alb and mid no longer than many guild grps running around though

Azurat

Fledgling Freddie
Prolly reason why hibs dare to show themself outside tnn now again is that there´s hardly any mid ggs around :p

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Elendar said:

That is complete bullshit ... it's just repeated so many times that people start believing it.

All realms zerg all realms do alarm clock raids

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Mactavish said:
This is from an old time gamer of many years and please don't jump on here with your young internet talk of qq and the likes. Observation after tonights rvr venture. Albion is the zerg realm- my arse, what good is a zerg of Albions against high RR hibs who wipe the floor with us and are overrunning us in our own realm? don't start me on early morning and late night relic raids. First of all those raids are ruining the game for me, whats the point defending relics when you are tucked up in bed with an early start for work the next day? I put alot of time in getting my old Armsman to RR7, for what? hes next to usless in rvr so i roll a sorc, fotm i hear you say ( wtf does that mean) . BAH this is harder to type than i thought, enough of me as i can't focus but I would like to thank the old school of Albion who are still trying to defend our realm against impossible odds.

Regards Mactavish aka Tongs (sorc)

Thank your mates that zerged people into oblivion then left or went pveing really. Go back 2 weekends and Albs 40 hour battle resulting in capturing a relic. Where they gone, dunno, nothing left to accomplish probably and yes its boring for all. No idea what Hibs are doing atm either, probably fedup of about 8-9 weeks of Albs reaver bombing them at a guess.

Grund

Fledgling Freddie
yes if u consider rr6 bard rr6 bm rr7 hero rr7 druid rr5 druid rr5 bm rr4 hero rr4 bard as high rr grp at beno docks then u r right :D

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
That is complete bullshit ... it's just repeated so many times that people start believing it.

alb prime time raid -> 60-70 people (guard report)

alb alarm clock raid -> 140+ people (guard report)

that was something that was very constant about albs on a relic raid.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Wanted to write some well thought of reply, but I'm a bit tired right now.

It's basically the tables that have turned now. 2 days ago mids had nothing, hibs had their own relics + 1 mid relic and albs had their own + 1 mid relic. Now mids took the relic back that alb had, and all of a sudden albs begin to QQ, whine and cry about their fotm chars (yay managed to use all 3 words in 1 sentence)
Fawks sake, wake up. Mids adapted now as you told us to for so long, and now you wont deal with it?
Pretty tired atm, so I wont be bothered with a long reply.. but face it, wouldn't a 2/2/2 relic balance be much more fun than a 0/0/6 or any other combination that leaves 1 realm weaker than the others? Atleast if relics ever return to 2/2/2, all realms will be equal from that point of view, and hopefully the competition to steal each others relics will grow, because now we can take them for the heck of it, not to get the ubah overpowered bonusses from them.

If 1 realm succeeds in taking another realms relics, it'll be a god damn nice job, but they shouldn't expect to keep it for long either. If 1 realm loses one of their relics, it'll be a defeat, yes.. but it wont take them long to muster a raid force since they "only" need to invade 1 keep and not one of the relic keeps in order to get their own relics back.

Maybe people could try to play for the fun of it instead of playing to whine at each others and call names at each others. Or perhaps that's just never gonna happen..

nn

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
there have been alot of ml raids in alb over the last few days m8s o0

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Late night and early morning raids are generally a bad thing for the game, I reckon. I actually got to the point when Albs were keeping unrelenting pressure on us a while back where I saw some keeps taken during the night by Hibs and thought "Thank God, a respite" but that's about the only time I've felt positive towards them.

It feel the games broken at the moment. We've got only a few modes, including "Nothing happens" and "Albs infest a realm like termites" and none of them are very enjoyable. I'd guess the main people having a good time at the moment are the active GGs and the archers.

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Mactavish said:
i roll a sorc, fotm i hear you say ( wtf does that mean)
FOTM Sorc is RR5+ and ML9 Convoker with a nice TOA template. Can solo almost anything and if gets lucky can take down up to a FG of badly played n00bs.

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Not like relics are hard to take :eek: Dunno why the same old whine about morning raids appear every time relics change hands.

Ginius

Fledgling Freddie
For all who didn't get the real point, cause they only want to see a whine about relic raids at unusual times. I had a look at most active guilds:
1. Ascending Dawn (Hib) 1 986 936
2. Na Fianna Dragun (Hib) 1 922 247
3. Eclipse (Hib) 1 785 889
4. Rising Force (Alb) 1 599 246
5. Golden Age (Hib) 1 366 207

1 out of the top 5 guilds is an Alb one. No Mids until rank 7 (Maelstrom). So grats to the all overrunning overpowerd Alb zerg. :eek7:

Edit: Yes, Hibs do a good job. Mids are still rare. But please, stop talking bullshit about overpowered Albclasses and our dominating zerg.

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Ginius said:
For all who didn't get the real point, cause they only want to see a whine about relic raids at unusual times. I had a look at most active guilds:

1 out of the top 5 guilds is an Alb one. No Mids until rank 7 (Maelstrom). So grats to the all overrunning overpowerd Alb zerg. :eek7:

Edit: Yes, Hibs do a good job. Mids are still rare. But please, stop talking bullshit about overpowered Albclasses and our dominating zerg.

2-3 weeks ago there was 2 Hibs in the top 50 lwrp, about 10 in the top 100. It has been pretty much like that since NF tbh. There are less albs about this week for sure. Think someone said they were doing ml series of raids? Give server clustering to US servers, some grumptons on them... :)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Elendar said:

it is a shame that alb and mid no longer than many guild grps running around though

and i still remember the mid raids which started at 3am (but this is probably primetime to some)

anyway it has always been ridiculous that such raids are possible, relic keeps should have invulnerable doors from 12pm to 12am or smt...

Ginius

Fledgling Freddie
Tuorin said:
2-3 weeks ago there was 2 Hibs in the top 50 lwrp, about 10 in the top 100. It has been pretty much like that since NF tbh. There are less albs about this week for sure. Think someone said they were doing ml series of raids? Give server clustering to US servers, some grumptons on them... :)

Right now 8 of the top 20 active guilds are Hibs. 6 go to each Mid and Alb. And I fear that these ML raids will change nothing on the quality of our zerg.

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
makes me laugh :D

just out of curiosity (i not been rvr'ing cause simply, i cba) how long have we been molesting the alb keeps/towers? for the last 3 weeks all i can remember are albs banging down hib towers/keeps every single day, out zerging us, and generally wiping the floor with us... and now the tables have turned? i feel im missing out on some payback!

eitherways, if hibs run *high* rr groups, it's cause they've played these toons since OF rather than go roll a ranger.

Ooh, and if you wanna fucking well complain about high RR hibs, active or not, go check out roll of honour. To sumarize it looks like this:

Top 10 High RR toons: 7 albs, 3 mids (err, yea, go hibs!)
Top 10 Most Powerful Guilds: 5 albs, 4 mids, 1 hib (er, yea, go hibs!)
Top 10 Most Powerful alliances: 4 albs, 3 mibs, 3 hibs (go hibs!)

then, by no fault of our own, it all changes...

Top 10 Most ACTIVE guilds: 5 hibs, 3 albs, 2 mids
Top 10 Most ACTIVE Players: 6 hibs, 3 albs, 1 mid

So we are being whined at for not deserting, fighting what has become normal on all other servers, and standing our ground. Hiblets, i salut you!

:worthy:

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
sneakies said:
So we are being whined at for not deserting, fighting what has become normal on all other servers, and standing our ground. Hiblets, i salut you!

:worthy:

pre-NF hibs were crying and not rvr'n because they couldnt go out into emain and get fg:fg fight w/o being zerged to oblivion. Where was your server-unique fighting spirit then?

since then whats changed /ponder

RvR is more keep/tower orientated so the pb defence, zerg bombing and animalist defence makes life easyier and wacks up the farming potential a few notches.

Dont kid yourself with this "we are a stand out example of how a realm should work" stuff, u sound like an american ~~

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
anyone can look at numbers and make them work in your favor in one way or the other ...

Thing is things like albs zerging and albs being the only realm to ever do lame things like alarm clock raids are bullshit but they have been repeated so long that we are now supposed to take them as facts...

Therefor if hibs have 5 fg's on stick it's not a zerg it's poor hiblets trying to defend their realm ... if 3 fg's of albs run in the same zone and are spotted within 30 seconds of each other they are obviously being lame albs and zerging...

Yes ... of course.

Animus

Fledgling Freddie
Ginius said:

And?
The rvr'ers in Hib are located within a few guilds, hence the high lwrp guildwise whereas alb and to some extent mid has the rvr'ers spread over more guilds / alliances. These numbers mean jack. Alb has (and dont deny it) the highest population and on some nights by far the superior number of players in NF but you dont see those LWRP due to the fact that they are spread over so many guilds.

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Ginius said:

Every realm has had or does have it's overpowered classes. In NF archers are a pain the the harris (on all sides).

As for zerging, Albs have numbers, they have demonstrated that if they want to they can outnumber any realm. Just seems this week they've found something else to do. Appears to be common on a lot of server, on Alb / Merlin last night peak hours there are 800 non-anon Albs (server pop 2600), we're 2 Keeps down and there's 60 tops in RvR.

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Roadie said:
pre-NF hibs were crying and not rvr'n because they couldnt go out into emain and get fg:fg fight w/o being zerged to oblivion. Where was your server-unique fighting spirit then?

since then whats changed /ponder
There isn't 4 FG of GG Mids all in CFH range patrolling the entrance paths to the only active RvR area?

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
Thing is things like albs zerging and albs being the only realm to ever do lame things like alarm clock raids are bullshit but they have been repeated so long that we are now supposed to take them as facts...
Actually every realm Zergs, in the history of this server though I'd say Mids have zerged the most (over all time) followed by Albs then Hibs. Hibs probably only zerged the least amount of time as they lacked active RvR population at times to form a Zerg.

Every Realm has alarm clock Relic Raided, but I'd say Albion did it the most. Unfortunately Albs reputation here wasn't helped by a lame 1 - 2 FG they found it 'skilled' or entertaining to RR in the very early hours when they were bored.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Hibs were camping bridges and the like all night yesterday, fun.
Ran into no less than 1.5-2fg mids round bled, with stealther adds aswell etc, while running a so-so random group. Crap night :x

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
sneakies said:
Top 10 Most ACTIVE guilds: 5 hibs, 3 albs, 2 mids
Top 10 Most ACTIVE Players: 6 hibs, 3 albs, 1 mid

Well, the only thing that counts atm is which guilds and players are most active. We can't look at overall guild/players stats etc etc anymore, because the high rr players and the top guilds have started to quit! Something is happening indeed.

Those realmpoints etc etc we see on those stats have been gathered for as long as the guilds/players has been active, yes? So therefore irrelevant if the guilds/players are quitting in mass numbers.

If hibs continue to be most active, they will soon have the top ranked guilds and players, no?

Good for you hibs :) :clap:

-Just my oppinion on the case

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Shanaia said:

We done more alarm clock raids than Hibs/Mids, we failed in prime-time raids more often than Hibs/Mids and we lost relics during the prime-time more often than Mids/Hibs though :p

Been busy PvEing so no idea what RvR is like at the moment but I do hope there is 5fg of Hibs running together wiping everything :cool: I'm not worried about them either, heard we have plenty of people in Albion determined enough to counter them. Or was it the other way around, we are having problems in forming even 1 balanced group? :cool:

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Very few clerics active atm so basically most alb groups are just slaughtered the minute any balanced group shows up. Still plenty of albs around but without key classes like that and no guild group running, there is very little that can be done.

Most albs no longer see any point in defending either so instead of making effort, they merely log or decide to pve even though hibs\mids etc are running riot in the frontier. Just the way things are in albion now, maybe it will change. I know atm alot of people are sorting out new chars to take advantage of the recent ML run so guess thats probably having an effect also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom