Balance of classes after shrouded Isles

O

old.Ozwin

Have been reading through some interesting stuff on the shrouded isles xpack. Anyone else think when this is released a great many of the existing population playing will switch to the new classes with the result there wont be many other classes being played? Personally wont be able to resist it as the new classes sound really exciting.

O

old.¥ØÐÄ

imo when x-pac is released the new classes will either be totally overpowered or totally underpowered . either way they will get nerfed of enchanced .,

O

old.LandShark

not enough is known to make any kind of judgements yet
but yes, naturally there will be an influx of people starting X-pac class alts, just as there will be a huge rush of alchemists and spellcrafters when those skills are introduced. (And i doubt many will take it very far if it's as hard as other crafts)

K

Kagato.

To be honest, what little I have heard of the new classes hasn't caught my interest in the slightest.

What will be interesting is seeing how this will effect RvR though and DF, when all the high levels make new ex-pack class alts and play those instead. Might make the high level hunting grounds a little less camped hopefully.

yay, albion gets a short-arsed albino race, so we can have ugly wierdo's running around, just like the other realms.

O

old.¥ØÐÄ

Originally posted by Damon Doombring
hmm you all ugly to me :clap:

this is commin from a troll ? :p i think the only race uglier is a firby

T

Tenko

Interesting, they seem to be moving quite quickly with expansion pack. They're not worried about SWG are they? :p

W

Wij

Frame-rate improvement on a better looking engine ?

Cool :cool:

B

-baralis-

only thing im worried about is how high spec they sed ur pc will need to have :-P

S

svartalf

Bullshot

Good luck to you. The midgard classes look to be bullshot again.. another berzerker and another spiritmaster.. <great>.

I'm sure albion will get another meztank and/or speedtank and/or healtank. Whatever, it's bound to be better than what the other realms get.

The races though.. now that's interesting.. albion get's a non-human.. why? There's no furry albinos in Arthurian legend.

Midgard gets some kind of lythe thing..god only knows what that's gonna be like, but i'll wager looks like an elf.

Hiberna gets.. haha a human race. Hrmph.. like there's not enough of those already.

Maybe i'm on a downer, but i reckon the expansion is an excuse to give us a new graphics engine without having to download a billion megs of data.

O

ormorof

hmmmm...

can someone tell me where i can find out all this stuff?

it might have been posted before but i havent checked the forum for weeks

K

Kagato.

The Incconu(sp) the new albion race is NOT furry.

Its some sort of short-arsed albino, that apparently is good at talking to the undead.

And the classes is some sort of necromancer and a necromancer/tank hybrid. So I doubt it will be a mezzer, probably some sort of pet-class with dot's, personally im not impressed in the least.

New graphics engine, cool, new zones, cool, new enemies, cool. the new races and classes ? Totally shit.

You can read about it here:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/366/366790p1.html

E

Elrond/Ruffting

do you HAVE to buy this expansion to continue playing daoc?

O

old.0xygen

no but I guess you wont get to play the new classes/species or get the new engine... still they're need to be patches so the new stuff works on the old game and I wonder if the new areas will be x-pac only cause restricting it may be difficult unless they do a teleport necklace type thing

W

wolvon fury

hmm, Midgard does get the smelly end of the stick for the race/class,

Most people in Midgard think we need a spell-casting race,
Tho i am looking foward to trollheim,

Also heard there was gonna be a Dungeon set in-side a frozen Dragon? Albion get it a think, bah,

As for middys classes Sounds like, A Berserker but the bonedancer sounds rather cool, to me sounds more like a Tribel Witch doctor (sorta like a shaman) But with pets like a Druid,

Hibernia get the best classes to me, Get to use a scyth,
Should give warriors the ablity to use a 2-handed weapon and has a Hammer on one end and a Axe on the other!!!

Pure savage like ablitys:flame:

T

Troryn

I seem to recall that you dont need expansion for the new engine either, but for new areas/classes you do

O

old.Pempula

The thing is that the new game engine is combined with the x-pac? Is it x-pac ONLY?
AND even if it isn't owners of Dx8.0/8.1 compatible graphics cards will get a definite advantage in RvR if it works as it is supposed to (smoother gameplay with better graphics in larger crowds too or especially...).
A GF3, GF4Ti or Radeon8500 (or better cards) seems a must... Owners of GF2, GF4Mx cards seem to get the short end of the stick here.

K

klavrynd

*BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM*

sound of a nerfbat slamming on mid again

woopee, we get _another_ useless full melee class

W

wolvon fury

Mlee would rock if you could use a 30ft long pole to poke casters with, then they can feel what its like to stand there and do bugger all while you get mez,nuked,nuked,nuked,....

Since when did seige war-fair involve whimpy people in robes:rolleyes:

O

old.tRoG

since they got to wield big massive bolts of fire that could set fire to plagues of men, burning them and torching their souls with fear.

listen to the wise old man :cool:

W

wolvon fury

Or while there doing that, Run up to them and poke them

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by wolvon fury
Mlee would rock if you could use a 30ft long pole to poke casters with, then they can feel what its like to stand there and do bugger all while you get mez,nuked,nuked,nuked,....

Since when did seige war-fair involve whimpy people in robes:rolleyes:

Quite...
Well Mythic seem to be trying to improve the RvR game for melee (it's currently not a lot of fun standing around being mezzed then blown up in half a second)

K

klavrynd

by implementing a 35% less damage on melee attacks so you do less damage to casters?

F

Flimgoblin

Note that I said trying and not succeeding :)

The de-mezz spells, aoe dropoff for crowd control. Easily available spell resists on the epic armour (and soon spellcrafting)....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom