Bainshee's and CAE

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Hope they fix it going through walls like they did PBAE at gates, but I'm very doubtfull we'll see it for 2+ patches to come tbh even IF it does get whine.

Jess

Loyal Freddie
Jaem- said:
Hope they fix it going through walls like they did PBAE at gates, but I'm very doubtfull we'll see it for 2+ patches to come tbh even IF it does get whine.

Its worrying thats it currently is seen as 'working as intended' by developers.
But still ... so has a lot of things untill they got around to fixing it.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
First time I experience this "working as intended" bug was at Beno one night as a Hib group was at gates, I was climbing ladder up to the 1st floor of the wall and still getting hit by it as I reached the floor... I dunno how they can see this as working properly to be honest. :/

Marc

FH is my second home
"Pardon my french, but what a load of bullshit"

Rofl. +100 man points for that dude.

Tiztla

Fledgling Freddie
now that warlocks are nerfed my most hated classaward goes to Bainshee, weee

Septina

Part of the furniture
gahahahaa unusual Mythic aye :D

They nerfed pbae earlier so it wouldnt go through walls then they go and introduce the bainshee and says its working as intended for the class to do what the pbae classes got nerfed. ^^

Same with determination, first its is op'd as hell, then they nerf it, then they boost it so its even more op'd than before.

Tho guess every bug etc is 'working as intended' untill its fixed and then... MAYBE... its declared a bug :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
it's not exploiting is all, doesn't mean it's as intended though :(

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
so i can use my findings ? rofl

and i'm trying not to use it (cept on locks :D )
what am i waiting for !!! :p

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
maybe... and thats jsut my opinion, you should start playing the game the way it is instead of whining this is overpowerd and that is overpowerd.]

(and fill out that form on mythic site as the CSR says in the ss)

Every class has it advanatages in some situations,,, and maybe you don't get the character right.. but the Damage's are Sound Shrieks...
Sound goes thru walls ;), waell atleast in the dark ages they went:)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
AngelHeal said:
maybe... and thats jsut my opinion, you should start playing the game the way it is instead of whining this is overpowerd and that is overpowerd.]

Every class has it advanatages in some situations,,, and maybe you don't get the character right.. but the Damage's are Sound Shrieks...

Arguments based on "reality" are a bit silly for a game where people are conjuring balls of fire out of thin air.

It's meant to have no fall off, unfortunately the way aoes work in keeps makes it stupidly overpowered when combined with such lovely things as jump casting.

Calo

Part of the furniture
AngelHeal said:

well normally when a fireball of 1m hits u, you would explode and die in 1 sec.

but i guess you are right.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:
Arguments based on "reality" are a bit silly for a game where people are conjuring balls of fire out of thin air.

It's meant to have no fall off, unfortunately the way aoes work in keeps makes it stupidly overpowered when combined with such lovely things as jump casting.

u should watch me irl, i can conjure frost balls out of nothing!

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Ill say it again.. if there is a window, aka in keeps, u can cone through it(yes working as intended) SM', wizzies and chanters can do the same. same goes for the small doors at keeps.

As garbannoch said in the other thread, make a lowbie bainshee, go to a bridge and see if u can nuke through a solid wall anywhere and post screenshots of it, or even better, post screenshots of another bainshee doing it.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Calo said:
well normally when a fireball of 1m hits u, you would explode and die in 1 sec.

but i guess you are right.

i allready wonderd why fire wizz coulda ctually nuke underwater:p

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
>>Ill say it again.. if there is a window, aka in keeps, u can cone through it(yes working as intended) SM', wizzies and chanters can do the same. same goes for the small doors at keeps.

As a pbaoe caster i know about many walls that don`t block ae damage. mostly it`s because there is a window or (open)door in that wall. while these walls do block line of sight, currently the computer model fails to make those `impartial` walls also block ae-effects. I have never been able to cast a pbaoe through a solid door.

while it is indeed possible to kill someone through a wall which contains an open door (like the bridge towers have on the ground level.) while standing next to the door and hitting someone on the other side of the wall (who hughs the wall) who doesn`t have LoS, ae dropoff means that if you don`t die in one shot, you should be able to move out of crictical range by next cast. just stetting one step asside to enter the door instead of remain standing hugging the wiz while keeping a wall between you makes it able to target and hit me.

cone AE goes through the same walls/doors/windows (monstly) but due to it`s far superior range and no dropoff, the cone caster can keep spamming his ae damage which does higher damage over 85% of the area that it covers than pbaoe, while standing in a spot that is absolutely safe to himself and where enemie players have no chance of ever retreating out of the bianshee killing zone, or getting to him to present some form of counter.

It`s the No ae-dropoff at longe range that makes it OP. If it had ae-dropoff like any other type of direct damage, the cases where game mechanics screw it up the most, would be largely minimized.

Being able to kill people in droves by just jelling from top of the outer keep wall vs the inner keep is just plain wrong imho.

increase delve (a bit, a delve over 225 would have me worried) and give dropoff, case closed imho.

:cheers:

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
>>Ill say it again.. if there is a window, aka in keeps, u can cone through it(yes working as intended) SM', wizzies and chanters can do the same. same goes for the small doors at keeps.

As a pbaoe caster i know about many walls that don`t block ae damage. mostly it`s because there is a window or (open)door in that wall. while these walls do block line of sight, currently the computer model fails to make those `impartial` walls also block ae-effects. I have never been able to cast a pbaoe through a solid door.

while it is indeed possible to kill someone through a wall which contains an open door (like the bridge towers have on the ground level.) while standing next to the door and hitting someone on the other side of the wall (who hughs the wall) who doesn`t have LoS, ae dropoff means that if you don`t die in one shot, you should be able to move out of crictical range by next cast. just stetting one step asside to enter the door instead of remain standing hugging the wiz while keeping a wall between you makes it able to target and hit me.

cone AE goes through the same walls/doors/windows (monstly) but due to it`s far superior range and no dropoff, the cone caster can keep spamming his ae damage which does higher damage over 85% of the area that it covers than pbaoe, while standing in a spot that is absolutely safe to himself and where enemie players have no chance of ever retreating out of the bianshee killing zone, or getting to him to present some form of counter.

It`s the No ae-dropoff at longe range that makes it OP. If it had ae-dropoff like any other type of direct damage, the cases where game mechanics screw it up the most, would be largely minimized.

Being able to kill people in droves by just jelling from top of the outer keep wall vs the inner keep is just plain wrong imho.

increase delve (a bit, a delve over 225 would have me worried) and give dropoff, case closed imho.

:cheers:

Havent experrienced that what so ever. But if what u say is true, they need to fix the walls at that place so ppl cant nuke through it. The cone spell itself is not the issue here, but the structure of certain areas. nerfing the cone nuke is plain stupid imo, especially considering its already low damage. Fallout or no fallout.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
>>Havent experrienced that what so ever. But if what u say is true, they need to fix the walls at that place so ppl cant nuke through it. The cone spell itself is not the issue here, but the structure of certain areas. nerfing the cone nuke is plain stupid imo,

for example, the grave yards (rvr zone) have walls around them.
they are there when it comes to LoS. They don`t exist when it comes to ae effects.

anyone who has a bianshee, try, how many mobs you can hit inside of the graveyard whily you are outside of the graveyard, and you`ll see the problem.

the problem is that the mathematic model used in this game, can`t, at this moment, support things like walls with openings and AE at the same time.

>>especially considering its already low damage. Fallout or no fallout.

are you on crack, do you even play the game ?

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
>>Havent experrienced that what so ever. But if what u say is true, they need to fix the walls at that place so ppl cant nuke through it. The cone spell itself is not the issue here, but the structure of certain areas. nerfing the cone nuke is plain stupid imo,

for example, the grave yards (rvr zone) have walls around them.
they are there when it comes to LoS. They don`t exist when it comes to ae effects.

anyone who has a bianshee, try, how many mobs you can hit inside of the graveyard whily you are outside of the graveyard, and you`ll see the problem.

the problem is that the mathematic model used in this game, can`t, at this moment, support things like walls with openings and AE at the same time.

>>especially considering its already low damage. Fallout or no fallout.

are you on crack, do you even play the game ?

Yes i play this game, got my bainshee to almost rr7 atm. u point it out several times, that there are bugged places in NF where you can hit through some places(working as intended or not). thats the real fault, not the damage on the cone. i'll gladly show u some screenies of the CAE nuke so u can see the low damage, and show some screenies of some pbaers doing twice or triple the damage.

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
I personally find their standard DD which hits me for 500+ with 20% body and their boltrange interupt taunt shit far more annoying but that might just be me.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Mazzaca said:
I personally find their standard DD which hits me for 500+ with 20% body and their boltrange interupt taunt shit far more annoying but that might just be me.

Dont nerf my taunt ;(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom