Bah I'm just as bad as everyone else

• Thread starter Roo Stercogburn
  • Start date
R

Roo Stercogburn

Some rambling. Put your feet up and get a nice cup of coffee.

I was checking on Camelot Herald and looking to see if anything juicy was in the pipeline.

Now before I go any further, Mythic said well in advance of ToA that 1.66 and 1.67 would be mainly ToA fixes and not a whole lot else. So no reason to get upset, they're doing exactly what they said they would.

But...

There's that little selfish part of me that is jumping up and down saying Class adjustments PLEASE! RvR Expansion proper info PLEASE and all the other bits and pieces we look for when we want to take a peek into Euro DAoC's future.

I think we feel it here in Europe more than anywhere else in the DAoC gameplaying world because we are that bit further behind than anyone else so more anticipation builds up while we wait.

I do smile though, the virtual mortar is still wet on most people's houses but though fun, Foundations is a fluff add-on which doesn't really affect gameplay to a huge degree (though it was never meant to).

So we want stuff that deals with the bit of the game that affects us most, our character classes. And it is selfish. Lets face it we all look at these things and might say it benefits this class or that class and helps game balance but when it comes down to it we want to see our own little piece of DAoC that we play, ie our own class, getting love and attention with the bits and pieces that annoy us getting fixed.

And at the back of ours minds secretly we all have "please please please make the toon I already have to 50 uber thanks" :D

Sometimes we justify it by saying "I'm the paying customer I *deserve* to have this see to! Pronto!" when often its about finding a way for our own class to gain advantage over other classes and ignoring the whole ying-yang thing where if you get to be uber, someone else is going to have a bad time, basically putting your playing pleasure on an order of importance above someone elses.

Well, ok, I'll never be uber. But hey, just once it would be nice to walk down the road to Castle Excalibur solo firing lightning bolts out of my ass with laser beam eyes and Junior converted into a massive dragon with puppy dog eyes. Not sure why the puppy dog eyes, it just seemed like a good thing to say. Maybe Gorgon eyes would be better. Would certainly be fun. For me anyway ;)

MUHAHAHAHAHA(TM)

S

Sibanac

nice post, think that captures it for most of us.

Well with exception of the last part, you obviously mistook a SM for a Cabby and its not excal roads its the gorge

W

Wij

When they put an expansion in that adds breeding then I'll read patch notes.

Very carefully.

E

Esoteric

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
Foundations is a fluff add-on which doesn't really affect gameplay to a huge degree (though it was never meant to).

Nice post but I disagree with you on this. Fluff to the ordinary, pve and rvr folk but to crafters having your own consignment merchant is a true gift almost an ingame godsend. Having your own merchants a new bind place to craft as well as a different one for pve/rvr is a dream come true. No longer when someone pm's you can you say yeh Im in XX for another 10 minutes but I do have the bits in stock. They can say see my merchant in XX at XXX house number whenever you can.

Nice fluff is extra vault space and trophy collecting etc

I dont have my own house yet I just borrow someone elses to craft but I can see the serious effect this patch is having on the game.

A

acei

Re: Re: Bah I'm just as bad as everyone else

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn

Foundations is a fluff add-on which doesn't really affect gameplay to a huge degree (though it was never meant to).
Not only is Foundations a excellent add-on for RvR servers like excal and prydwen, but on Camlann it's great! Usually crafters on Camlann had politic's and only dealt with allies. Now with the CM's i can buy all i want. Also foundations gives crafters a safe and quick place to craft on Camlann, in Camelot/Jordheim/TNN it might be safe to craft, but no where near as fast as it would be in foundations.

Foundations isn't fluff, it's been a huge boost to people who are seriously looking to make themselves good on Camlann.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom