Bah. givf untrain button.

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
I just used my nice big free respec... and trained wrong. my mistake for not going to 50 and mis reading. but why cant mythic like just design a untrain button... not so u can respec when u want... but say within 2mins of training a skill so u can go bck if u accidently spec wrong.
just a thought.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Too bad :\ And no, they wont change it. Its your responsibility to make sure you spec right. If dont, then... your loss.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I have thought the same thing before, rolling /level'd alts and having to put alot of points on some chars means that mistakes are inevitable.

and to DavidH: I think Lakashnik means a way of un-allocating the spec points you have gained from the last level. like a character builder. Imagine having a 'save changes' button on the trainer menu, with 'up' and 'down' buttons.

So if you were a lvl 10 wizard who had 5 in ice and 5 in fire, when you ding 11 you would have 11 points to spend, you wouldnt beable to use the 'down' button to go below the 5 ice or 5 fire, but you could put one spec point in fire, then decide to take it off again and put it on ice before saving. The next time you train you wouldnt beable to use the 'down' button to go below the 6 in ice or the 5 in fire, etc.

This would make things alot easier on people who are tired when training. I almost messed up on my scout once because I had exp'd all night till about 4am, then went to train before i logged, when i trained i almost put spec points into shield instead of stealth, having done so would of messed up my spec and would have been very expensive to correct, and as my scout was lvl 45 at the time it would not have been realisticly possible to reroll the char.

I honestly think this would be a decent and worth while 'small' change to the game, if it is possible to do without much effort.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Excellent idea for changing the training window. It could list the new spells you could possibly get from each line, go up/down with each spec line until you're happy what spells you want and then commit the changes.

However I doubt Mythic would bother putting in effort with Catacombs coming up.

JackHeart

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
I have thought the same thing before, rolling /level'd alts and having to put alot of points on some chars means that mistakes are inevitable.

/level chars have a singel respec on level 20, so if you place something wrong just make a respec..

Dukat

Resident Freddy
JackHeart said:
/level chars have a singel respec on level 20, so if you place something wrong just make a respec..

I know about the respec, the /level chars thing was just an example of my experience with this minor annoyance. You shouldnt have to use a single line respec because the trainer window isn't user friendly, just my thoughts though.

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
wub to dukat ^_^ exactley wht i meant.
if i make something and dont like fine its my mistake.. but i mean if i accidently train something didnt mean to. when had planned on something else. im stuck with it now.

Dardalion

Fledgling Freddie
Did somthing similair tonite, trained an extra level because of lag, i was watching the number go up against the spec line & thote id just missed the train button, hit it again, slight pause, whoops 2 trains, 45 peirce 4tehwin ;p

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
Dardalion said:
Did somthing similair tonite, trained an extra level because of lag, i was watching the number go up against the spec line & thote id just missed the train button, hit it again, slight pause, whoops 2 trains, 45 peirce 4tehwin ;p

Did the exact same mistake on my scout... Accidentally went 44 shield so now my thrust spec is TOTALLY gimped (As if it wasn't gimped enough already... Was going 18 thrust, now i couldn't get more then 11 or so :p )

If you see Sazir and decide to gank him plx don't, he's gimped. kk tyvm osv m8z0rz

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Respec stones are not too expensive these days (I imagine especially not in Hib).

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Respec stones are not too expensive these days (I imagine especially not in Hib).

4p minimum for a full respec in alb/pryd.... and considering im skint all the time. no way im gonna be able to afford 1 for a long long time.
and sure a ceriac stone would fix the problem.... if they were common enough to be sold... they are almost impossible to find, few people have them and the 1s that do dont want to sell them as they are usually being kept to change 1 of the chars final speccs @ 50 or something.
last time i respecced i found a guy with 1... but it took me about 2weeks to convince him to sell it to me and had to pay 2p for it.
i think i read in NF notes that they now get dropped in the RvR dungeons?
maybe wrong but i hope so... may mean finnaly be a little more common and less pricey. also i could try and get 1 meself if am lucky.

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
It shouldn't be too difficult to have a 'commit changes' button.

Have it so that nothing is changed on your character until you save the changes on the trainer window. If you don't save, and step away from the trainer then you have your old spec back.

Only problem is that people would still save changes they didn't want, and be looking for another 4p stone.

Gold

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:

That's a very subjective statement, so if you wouldn't mind, change it to:

"...means that it's inevitable that I will make some mistakes."

It's definately not true for everyone. Although, when doing a /level, it's not a big problem, since if you make a mistake, you can delete the char and get it back to 20 in a couple of minutes.

However, if people make the same mistake at level 50...Well...

:twak:

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:
Only problem is that people would still save changes they didn't want, and be looking for another 4p stone.

thats if ur talking about, if they try a spec they wanted and then dont like. im talking about speccing in the wrong thing. so i didnt get what i originally wanted. tbh this 1 prob is my fault as i noticed i had extra points left over... and i could not understand where from. as i had trained upto 50.... altho i hadnt i had gone 49 but i saw the costs 50pts to go to the top... and thoguht it was 50... but the reason i didnt take much notice of the extra points was because thought maybe they had changed something... as when i did my /respec all... i got almost all my pnts back save for a few... but i was still trained in chants and slash to lvl12... now i couldnt work out why. but my mate said on his respec all on his infil he still had some trained in stealth.. and thought maybe they had added given u the auto train for that class. but i had not got my full amount of pnts back (i checked number i had against number supposed to have on character builder) and was roughly 150pts short... around the same cost if i had trained to 12 chants and slash. but anyway amongst much confusion i speced wrong... i noticed it instantly tho when i had changed from my items screen to skills screen. which it used to do auto when u train in someting but doesnt anymore. cos i was checking my realm abilities... this was before i had even left trainer. and i instantly jsut thoguht to my self... oh fark!
anyway put this down to my being an idiot. altho game changes.. like the screen not being put up auto like im used to prob didnt help.
anyway im off to try and sell some stuff and get a respec stone probs..
and if any1 does feel like suggesting it in the feedback, go ahead. i would but tbh dont think they would bother... and if they did we still wouldnt get it for awhile being patches behind US.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Gold said:
That's a very subjective statement, so if you wouldn't mind, change it to:

"...means that it's inevitable that I will make some mistakes."

It's definately not true for everyone. Although, when doing a /level, it's not a big problem, since if you make a mistake, you can delete the char and get it back to 20 in a couple of minutes.

However, if people make the same mistake at level 50...Well...

:twak:

I said what I meant mate, with so many people respecing, and with occasional lag spikes, mistakes are going to happen sooner or later. I have two level 50 characters and many, many /leveled alts, I am no stranger to having to spend a long while clicking and waiting for the spec to go up. As I said originally there is no reason for the current training window where one wrong click and months if not years of effort are spoiled, as others have said in this thread, one click too many can result in 45 thrust meaning less in another spec line. Its not because people wanted 45 thrust, its because they accidently clicked once too many on a button for any number of reasons. as save button would allow someone to quickly check thier changes before saving and say 'ok is everything right? yep, ok save.' instead of having to act like thier disarming a bomb with every click on the mouse requiring several minutes careful consideration.

Again as I said in the original post, at lvl 45 I almost messed up my scouts spec because I was tired, I dont honestly see a good reason for the current trainer window to remain as it is. If i handed somthing as un-user friendly as that for one of my college assignments a lecturer would point it out and say 'that wont take much changing, and it will make alot of difference.'

its simple un-user friendliness and there is no reason what-so ever not to correct it. saying 'oh if you do that you must be stupid etc etc' isnt a valid reason not to implement these changes.

Just my view anyway.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:

so true. At the momment i have a load of them. they are currently selling as low as 1 plat

even dragon head trophys are unsellable atm they used to sell for 3 plat +

3 for sale atm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom