Bad news for the ML3 raid

Vesania

Fledgling Freddie
I have just received confirmation from GoA that those who lost their 3 subquest farmed items due to the stupid action of 2 people on the raid, will have to farm them again. Therefore I am cancelling the ML3 finish run for Friday night. Seems pointless as we now have to run the whole prereq stage again, meaning that prereqs plus 6 steps would take too long for a ten pm start.

Thanks to the cleric and the paladin on my raid who blew four hours of effort, your names are known and you are not welcome on any future raids of mine.

@~!#%

Vesania

Fledgling Freddie
Vesania said:
I have just received confirmation from GoA that those who lost their 3 subquest farmed items due to the stupid action of 2 people on the raid, will have to farm them again. Therefore I am cancelling the ML3 finish run for Friday night. Seems pointless as we now have to run the whole prereq stage again, meaning that prereqs plus 6 steps would take too long for a ten pm start.

Thanks to the cleric and the paladin on my raid who blew four hours of effort, your names are known and you are not welcome on any future raids of mine.

@~!#%

I have posted up a new raid. Mods feel free to delete this thread as surplus.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
So, without saying the names, what happend anyway? What did the cleric and the paladin do?

Doink-666

Fledgling Freddie
Spoke to Antioos afink, I was lucky as died early and released early so still have the items :eek: Mairg, though I dont need to do most of these steps again I'll help repair the damage on another pre-req raid :worthy:

Vesania

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
So, without saying the names, what happend anyway? What did the cleric and the paladin do?

The server was unstable and there were lots of mass LDs, so we decided to suicide just outside Antioos' temple instead of taking on that step. The rest of the raid was to be finished on Friday night.

The two in question ran all the way in and then interacted with Antioos, causing the subquest to continue and the items to go from people's backpacks. The raid then died.

We weren't sure on the significance of this, but were fairly optimistic that we could just resume the quest at Antioos. After all, that's the way that 2.9 works, for example, if you get wiped before completing the step you don't have to farm for the 2 staves, sword and shield again. So, we organised a friday raid to continue.

To be on the safe side and not risk turning up with a boatload of people who might get stuck, I checked the situation last night with Right Now who came back promptly this morning. Their information was that all those who had the quest items vanish will need to farm them again.

I'm...a bit...uneasy about the information. My instinct tells me that it ought to be okay to continue. However, I have to go with the information I've been given. Hence, new raid.

RoshiaPendard

Fledgling Freddie
omg!! :(

I feel for you all! And ML3 being the most horrific ML as it is :(

<hugs all who were on the raid> ('xept those two gimps :p)

Vesania

Fledgling Freddie
I feel worst for the people that I know could only make the Friday and won't be able to make Sunday.

Only thing I can do really is apologise on behalf of the miscreants and arrange another ML3 partial raid as well as Sunday's.

Muh

Fledgling Freddie
hmm, according to this, if we now then do the pre-reqs again (ty very much tards!), and for some reason get wiped, we will have to farm for items a third time?

I think as you, that we would be ok if we went ahead and tried it, anything else would be stupid game design imo.

I propose you go ahead with raid as planned on friday, we kill him, if we get credit, great, we do rest too. If not, we could either farm the items again and call it the night, or just quit there and then. It's worth a try imo, and I would sertainly be there if u decided to give it a try.

Vesania

Fledgling Freddie
Well, if we can get enough people together, then hell, we have nothing to lose really.

So okay. I'll ignore the GoA info and we'll go ahead with the raid.

Vesania

Fledgling Freddie
starr said:
Check quest journal for the prequests and see what it says?

Aye I know. We did that last night, hence our optimism. Was a bit surprised at Goa's info, that's why we're going to say bugger it and go ahead.

The Mods will hate me for all the confusion and mess on these boards though. <sheepish> I really shouldn't post angry. <halo>

Muh

Fledgling Freddie
I was one of the 'lucky' ones that hadnt died when someone decided
to interact with Antioos.

I got a message saying : "Antioos rips the items out of your hand" or something like that, and gone they were.

I just checked my journal now.
[Step #5] Antioos has betrayed you! Slay her!

Looks kinda promissing, doesnt it? :eek6:

Vesania

Fledgling Freddie
Muh said:
I was one of the 'lucky' ones that hadnt died when someone decided
to interact with Antioos.

I got a message saying : "Antioos rips the items out of your hand" or something like that, and gone they were.

I just checked my journal now.
[Step #5] Antioos has betrayed you! Slay her!

Looks kinda promissing, doesnt it? :eek6:

Yup! <throws the key to the Right Now cupboard away somewhere really deep underwater>

Gorryk

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldn't have thought you'd have any problems with the quest tbh. On the ml3 raid I was on a few people didn't lose the items when the quest was started early by some numpties, and a few ld'ed etc and didn't get credit but lost items afaik. We went back an hour or so later and killed him again and everyone had credit after that who was still on the raid. I don't think there is a way of losing the weapon/egg/neckie without advancing to the next step in the quest with the exception of deleting them... GOA are probably just a bit clueless regarding the issue or misunderstood you due to language differences

Vesania

Fledgling Freddie
Gorryk said:
GOA are probably just a bit clueless regarding the issue or misunderstood you due to language differences

I think they must have misunderstood me. I thought I was really clear, but I guess language misunderstandings are easy enough to make. I'll write in French next time.

Minimez

Fledgling Freddie
If your on the step ~antioos has betrayed you slay her.. then you can progress

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
Minimez said:
If your on the step ~antioos has betrayed you slay her.. then you can progress

Yup, what he said.

I've been on an ML3 run where some people had previously wiped on Antioos (ie. lost their items but not got the credit) and I know they were fine without having to repeat prereqs. The only thing to watch out for is that she might aggro as soon as people who are on the 'Antioos has betrayed you, slay her!' step get into the room ...

So I'd weigh in against the RightNow advice, and hope for the best. Good luck, all of you!

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
But what will happen for those of us who got 'lucky' and didn't get our items removed? Will we be able to go on this step with the rest of you, or would it have to be done separately since you could just go there and kill her, while we need to talk to her?

<scratches head>

Gorryk

Fledgling Freddie
What we did was the people who didn't have the items removed went in first in a big group and they all lost their items and advanced a step...If someone with items lags behind and doesn't enter the room quickly, before the encounter starts, they keep the items and don't get credit. That is why we had to do the encounter twice on the last ml3 raid. Some people charged into the room and activated the encounter before everyone was in...
Also, contrary to popular belief, you don't need to talk to antioos.. I know I didn't.. I was on the steps down into the room when the encounter weas activated, and unless a stealther talked to antioos, there was no one anywhere near to activate the quest. Seemed to be that everyone in the chamber lost items at the same time, and everyone outside the chamber kept them, and no amount of talking to antioos would let them advance..

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Did anyone send the correct information to GoA and point out that they were wrong? They'd appreciate it. And if you dislike GoA it should be fun to do, right?

Vesania

Fledgling Freddie
What we will do on Friday's raid is this:

1) All those with items will go into the room. Everyone else will wait just outside, but ready to sprint in.

2) Those needing to hand over items will talk.

3) Everyone else will dash in.

4) We'll smack the snake and then Antioos into next year.

5) We'll light a fire and dance on Antioos corpse, passing round copious amounts of booze.

6) We'll continue with the raid and do unto Casta, Kepa, Laodamia, Sinovia and Medusa as we did to Antioos, only with more menace and gratuitous violence. :twak:

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
could you send me a PM with the paladins name, because I have a friend who might believe it was him.... but he is unsure (as he is bad at english he might have missed the verbal abuse im sure you gave them ;) )

Vesania

Fledgling Freddie
Cruhar said:
could you send me a PM with the paladins name, because I have a friend who might believe it was him.... but he is unsure (as he is bad at english he might have missed the verbal abuse im sure you gave them ;) )

I am not telling anyone the names and no, they didn't get verbal abuse. What would be the point? Doesn't solve anything...and I was only really pissed when I thought we had to farm again. I'm mellower today. Names serve no purpose, so let's just get back on track.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
I always tend to give someone the benefit of the doubt 1 time, as after all... Accidents happen...

Keep an eye on those who made the 'mistake' on the re-run and if they balls up again, then give em a kicking, but not until IMO :p

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Vesania said:
I am not telling anyone the names and no, they didn't get verbal abuse. What would be the point? Doesn't solve anything...and I was only really pissed when I thought we had to farm again. I'm mellower today. Names serve no purpose, so let's just get back on track.

Well in my experience when someone messes up a raid, normally people doesnt just go 'Oh well, raids off' and then leaves quietly or /releases...
Words like n00b, idiot and alike apprears quite fast... Especially on MLs and other 3+ hour raids

Or maybe I just raid with 'teh scum' :clap:

Anyway good luck with the retry

Argyle_Avendale

Fledgling Freddie
RoshiaPendard said:
omg!! :(

I feel for you all! And ML3 being the most horrific ML as it is :(

<hugs all who were on the raid> ('xept those two gimps :p)

You're so ewul xD <hugs back anyway> ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom