Bad America....

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Following the Tsunami, which has caused mass devastation in parts of Asia, it appears to me that America are doing a terrible job in helping. Brits have raised over 76m which is expected to rise to over 100m. As for America....well... their pledge was 50m (not sure what it is now). I personally find it disgusting, not many realise how little that is compared to the amount they spend on aircraft or tanks. America are about to scrap the Eurofighter for a new plane, can't remember the name which appeared in a newspaper the other day. However these planes will cost just over 90m each to produce, and America are looking to buy 277 of these.

See my point?

I definately will not be donating any money towards North America if it gets hit by the tidal wave caused by a massive landslide in the Canary islands.
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,31500-1147047,00.html

QQ finished, maybe I'll write to Bush himself next :kissit:

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Erm, Bush is giving 350 000 000 $ and already sent 12 000 soldiers there to help :p At the moment USA is the biggest helper out there if I'm not mistaken.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Saggy said:
Erm, Bush is giving 350 000 000 $ and already sent 12 000 soldiers there to help :p At the moment USA is the biggest helper out there if I'm not mistaken.

Aye - tis indeed. Dumb USA-bashing is the staple diet of these forums imo.

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Saggy said:

Well I'm sure thats the amount that hes earnt from taking oil in Iraq, Mr.Bush is so generous...

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
GimpStrole said:
Well I'm sure thats the amount that hes earnt from taking oil in Iraq, Mr.Bush is so generous...
Same for Brits' 76mil then? It wasn't just Yanks who went there you know :p

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Saggy said:
Same for Brits' 76mil then? It wasn't just Yanks who went there you know :p

For 60million people to donate 76mil (and will hit over 100m apparantly) its very good considering not all 60 million have money to donate. My sister works at HSBC working on the telephones, and she had a call the other day where a woman who already has an overdraft around 100pounds made a donation of 150pounds. Doubt everyone will be doing this but it's good to know some people are doing it.

And for America they should dig a little deeper.

90m X 277 = 2493,000,000 (approx. 2.5billion?)

I've never been that good at maths, but their donation is approx 1/7 of what they will spend on new aircraft. I'm sure the aircraft can wait, there's more important things to worry about like all the Earth's plates moving creating more tidal waves, global warming and definately donating to help other countries.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
That 350 000 000$ is what USA goverment is giving and doesn't include a single copper from what the citizens have donated (and they have donated lots too). 45 nations have donated ~2billion in total and USA's share from that is over 15% which is more than enough.

Found absolutely nothing about that airplane order and does it really even matter? It's not like the rest of nations have gave up on their plans on "wasting" cash on stuff they need?

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Well, found this :D
Reuters said:
LONDON, Dec 15 2004 (Reuters) - The British government said on Wednesday it had signed a contract for a second tranche of Eurofighter combat jets worth 4.3 billion pounds ($8.3 billion).

Keres

One of Freddy's beloved
GimpStrole said:
Following the , which has caused mass devastation in parts of Asia, it appears to me that America are doing a terrible job in helping. Brits have raised over 76m which is expected to rise to over 100m. As for America....well... their pledge was 50m (not sure what it is now). I personally find it disgusting, not many realise how little that is compared to the amount they spend on aircraft or tanks. America are about to scrap the Eurofighter for a new plane, can't remember the name which appeared in a newspaper the other day. However these planes will cost just over 90m each to produce, and America are looking to buy 277 of these.

See my point?

I definately will not be donating any money towards North America if it gets hit by the tidal wave caused by a massive landslide in the Canary islands.
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,31500-1147047,00.html

QQ finished, maybe I'll write to Bush himself next :kissit:

So you whine about something that you don't have the full details...

Saggy said:
Erm, Bush is giving 350 000 000 $ and already sent 12 000 soldiers there to help At the moment USA is the biggest helper out there if I'm not mistaken.

...Which is given to you to find out that the Americans have offered the largest amount of aid for the countries hit by the Tsunami then...

GimpStrole said:

...you respond with an immature reply and continue to bash the US.

Grow up.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Saggy said:
That was after he got whined at tho, he only donated a tiny bit at first.

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Look at it PR citizen imo as allways countries like sweden denmark on top :clap: Where are the Norwegians they suppose to have most money of all PR citizen :flame: prob why they have that :cheers:

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Keres said:
So you whine about something that you don't have the full details...

...Which is given to you to find out that the Americans have offered the largest amount of aid for the countries hit by the Tsunami then...

...you respond with an immature reply and continue to bash the US.

Grow up.

Shutup and get something done about that forhead of yours.

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Originally Posted by Reuters
LONDON, Dec 15 2004 (Reuters) - The British government said on Wednesday it had signed a contract for a second tranche of Eurofighter combat jets worth 4.3 billion pounds ($8.3 billion).

Dec 15, Tsunami didn't occur then....

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
GimpStrole said:
Dec 15, Tsunami didn't occur then....
Yes, but surely those planes can wait and UK could donate the cash for more important things such as the ones you listed above? :p Still found nothing about that Yanks plane order, got any url to give?

Fisiodifis

Fledgling Freddie
Hey guys are u serious?Why u think usa sent army and help there?Do u know how many military bases usa has all arount the world?This money and help is to "throw us dirt in our eyes"(meaning:decieving).Just realize that usa is "spreading" all over the world and wants to stay number one force.

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Saggy said:
Yes, but surely those planes can wait and UK could donate the cash for more important things such as the ones you listed above? :p Still found nothing about that Yanks plane order, got any url to give?

I read it in the Daily Mirror 2 days ago so can't give url. I'm sure the planes can wait and maybe they have waited, guess someone will have to find out ^^

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
GimpStrole said:
I read it in the Daily Mirror 2 days ago so can't give url. I'm sure the planes can wait and maybe they have waited, guess someone will have to find out ^^
Same for US planes :p Neither of them have donated the billions they are planned on using planes though.

Anyway, only thing you can blame Yanks on is the slow reaction (well, all of the nations were "too" slow really), apart from that they have helped the most. Sure, they can help more but so can everyone else too ;o

Keres

One of Freddy's beloved
GimpStrole said:
Shutup and get something done about that forhead of yours.

You hurt my feelings....you really did.... :m00:

Jeimas

Fledgling Freddie
Zapsi said:
Look at it PR citizen imo as allways countries like sweden denmark on top :clap: Where are the Norwegians they suppose to have most money of all PR citizen :flame: prob why they have that :cheers:

Heh, well imo I think norwegians have been pretty good at giving.
People, companies and labor unions have given about 342 million NOK, that's about 74 mill NOK a person.
The gvmnt have given 100 million NOK, and are planning on giving another 1 billion NOK. That's another 240 mill a person, that's about 314 mill NOK a person or abit over $50 million a person total...
The only uncertain here is if the last billion from the gvmt will go through in the parliment, and even if it doesn't, that's still $15 million a person so far...

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Saw an interview with Colin Powel when he announced what help US would send to the area all sounded good until he had to go into specifics of what kind of people they where helping. Muslims and Christians, dont think this has anything thing to do with the people needing help. They are HUMANS not some sort of religion. Think this is one of US biggest problems they always have to see it as we and them.

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
I don't watch tv and I don't give a shit about anyone I don't personally know.

Yes, I'm happy with my life.

Why the fuck would anyone whine about others not spending their money?

And I'll never donate to charity, because I think the money won't end where it belongs.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
yeah well i dont like the whining that people could have given more either, Michael Schumacher gave $10 million and still people were bitching "yeah $10 million he has like $300+ million, like thats generous.. NOT", thats really disgusting, some people have much more money who didnt even have to work for it and they dont even THINK about giving anything at all..

they should be happy he gave something (and 10 mil isnt just 'something') because even tho he has shitloads, its his money and its up to him to decide what to do with it...

Chronictank

FH is my second home
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4145259.stm

Britain
$96m in government donations, plus $146m in private donations which the government has pledged to match

USA
$350m in government donations

Japan
$500m in government donations

Germany
Berlin has now increased its aid pledge to $674m

Australia
Prime Minister John Howard pledges $765m (over £400m) to Indonesia over five years

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom