Background of the Midgard Campaign

M

Milkshake

Ladies and gents, please let me put your mind at ease, maybe.

I too was working on the non-fighting part of the puzzle while the Geeshra's were attacking Vendo and Fort Veldon. With my trusty sidekick Adrira, we did alot of searching and found these things out.

#1 - There are 3 spirit albions in Midgard. Fresen, Forklyning and Sva(something). When they were killed, they simply re-popped. So, we got a SpiritMaster to talk to them, and this is what they said -

"Because of the 'Father of the Monsters' mistake, the dead slave gave birth and fled in the frozen lands of 'Wolfwheat'. By the displeasure of the irons, he who lives beyond the 'yawning rock' must take it back and, once again, lock in my d-"

Now, things to remember (and can find out by talking to the Gothi of Hel)...

- Hel is the god of Spiritmasters, and only an SM could talk to the ghost albs.

- Hel's symbol is the Wolf.

- Hel was banished to Niffleheim, or "The Frozen Lands"

- Geeshras are considered to be "Servants of Hel". This makes sense when you read the stories been told on GOA's website.

Two other things we wonder about is... Yawning Rock may be a Volcano, and Irons is a nickname for Blacksmiths.....and the Dverge are Smiths. They *may* have something to do with it, but nothing has been seen to confirm this.

So, onto our band of merry men. Led by Mogork, there is also Tormk (assistant to Freda the Healer in Hugin), Grimask Gunulfson (the loud Thane from Hugin), Mahild Lightfoot (who resided in Fort Veldon's tower for some time), Fjalin Bearstrength (who was in one of Jordheim's many taverns) and three Troll Warriors (and a fourth, me, who's dressed up and followed them for most of the time).

Mogork is searching for Dedell Splok. What Dedell Splok is, we don't know yet. However, Ohmak from Galpen confirms that Mogork is looking to slay Dedell Splok and the Granok (who I believe to be the geeshras) in the land of the pikoms (which are Dwarves). There is alot of Troll Speak, so it's quite difficult to work out.
There is however, a pattern to where he goes now. He stops a few clicks DUE WEST of Darkness Falls. When prompted with "West" when he asks for directions, he goes east to Haggerfel, then comes back to where he was and asks for directions again. Now, this only happened when Midgard did not have Darkness Falls under control. Hopefully when I log in today, some clever trolls have taken a keep or two, and I can try it.

The only small bit in the puzzle I've not worked on is Svarri Alvitrsdottir's nightmares. Again, I'll need an SM to have a talk to her. She's in the hut behind the Mystic Trainer in Vasudheim. If you DO talk to her, please contact me or Adrira in-game and tell me what you find!

Hope this makes some vague sense to you. Wish it did for me.

M

Milkshake

Decided to post the whole story here, since it's not all that long...

==============================================

The sun was rising on Frostbarn Faste. Albion's fighters, clutched to the ramparts of this foreign fort, continued to delay the fight. Hamrbjorn Hildulfson challenged them with a fierce cry, but they kept still. Gormak threatened them, but they kept still. Fjalin Bearstrenghth laughed at their cowardice, but they kept still. Every brave and fearsome dwarf fighter came forth to challenge them, but the fighters didn't move. So, in silence, they all turned their back to them, while Adalradr Hamrbjornson passed through the numerous ranks.
He was stripped to the waist, and carried a rune carved staff, the horse skull planted on it glinting in the rising sun. Brandishing it high in the sun, he bellowed :

"May Tyr curse those who refuse the fight !
May Modi curse those who flee our axes !
May Thor curse those who fear our strength !
May Bragi curse those who answer not our challenge !
May Loki curse those who suspect treachery !
May Skadi curse those who fear to become our preys !

Illness and injuries, may Eir curse you !
Fury of the earth, may Ymir curse you !
Disgrace and darkness, may Hel curse you !
Dishonour and mischief, may Odin curse you !"

He then drove the staff into the ground, the skull facing the dishonoured enemies. Like the others, he turned his back to them. Then, a great crashed occurred, followed by numerous screams. No one dared to look round, for it is not safe for mortals to watch the doings of the gods. But at sun set, when weariness made its way in their bodies, they finally turn their heads : the fortress was gone.

Nobody knows what happened, but some say that there was a Kobold amongst them that day, and that he pretends to have watched what happened. And he tells whoever is willing to listen to him that a huge frost giant arrived, huge compared to the Jotuns, or even to Bergelmer himself. He leant over the fortress, and in one frozen breath took away all the lives of its defenders. Then he picked up the fortress in his giant hand, and went back to where he came from. This kobold pretends that he offered it to Hel, queen of Nifleheim, and that the frozen souls are now her most devoted servants.
But who would believe the words of a Kobold ?

==============================================

From this we can decipher a few things.

Adalradr Hamrbjornson is in the tower in Fort Veldon, at the top. He doesn't say much, maybe he says more with the right prompting, who knows...that's what makes this frustrating.

Hel got given the souls of the dead albions and they became her most devoted servants. Fresen, Forkylning and Svandi are ghostly Albion shapes.

Fjalin Bearstrength was also mentioned in that story, and is in the group led my Mogork outside Darkness Falls.

Will post with anything else I get

R

Roo Stercogburn

I paid a visit to Vasudheim.

Gjaloin Wiseword is bombarding Svarri with reproaches which Svarri is struggling to defend against.

I spoke to Gjaloin but he wouldn't say anything of note to me.

When I spoke to Svarri she said

"Do you know the fear that surrounds you and corrupt your mind, when the darkest visions that haunt your sleepless nights walk by your side? If Hel refuses you this gift, do not be [angry]."

I asked her about her visions.

She said "No, thank heartily her instead for not seeing the terrible fate that awaits us with the arrival of the [borogoves] and the [geershas]. She is acting as such for the good of everyone."

I couldn't get a response when I asked about the borogoves, but when I asked about the geershas she said,

"My visions are troubled, but I see them growing and swarming, fearful worshippers of the one who exhort them to spread in our lands, crowd of cowards full of hatred, following her orders.."

That's as much as I have so far.

From this all I can think is Hel knows what is coming and can warn us, if we can work out the puzzle in time so that we are given the information.

Would be nice to prepare a welcome if the leader of the geershas is going to put in a personal appearence.

R

Roo Stercogburn

After this chat, I visited Veldon and Vendo. It was interesting to see the strangers now in uniform. I think the strangers are probably these borogoves, though no more info than that.

Interesting also, that Grimask, formerly found in Huginfell (wiping away the barely noticable blood on his sword - how often did that spam when you were trying to talk to someone in Hug) is now part of this patrol looking for evil creatures that wanders around.

If this is the patrol that wanders to the lair, then we have to ask what is the connection between the geershas, strangers and dragon. I really hope they weren't going to the lair to ask the dragon for help. What kind of price would the dragon exact from Midgard for services rendered?

The geershas and strangers are most likely on opposite sides and I think competing for something that we don't know about yet or haven't figured out. The fact that first the geershas and now the strangers have set up shop in Vendo suggests they are after the same thing.

Of course I may be way off track or someone else has posted already somewhere else and has a better idea than this tired frazzled head of mine :)

M

malenka

I have seen Fresen - on the far beach outside Nailten - red to a lvl 50 and neutral. Soz, I didn't think about talking to him.

K

krill-nyd

Nice work. It begins to take more shape as a story.

H

Hufner

Think my wife Ingun talked with Fresen on Tuesday - though at the time he only said the same things as Forkylning and the other albion ghosts...

M

Milkshake

Small Update

I've been a busy boy recently, and haven't had alot of time to do work on this. Sorry :/

But anyway....the group of Trolls don't go into DF when prompted "West". I later found out they are triggered on "Est" and head east...maybe it's troll speak.

Later on, I was levelling my hunter and found the whole group in Gna. I followed them as long as possible, but they went out of zone and didn't come back.

Any more info would be very welcome.

M

Mikal

I don't think the strangers and the geershas are enemies as you suggest roo, found this in a story on www.daoc-europe.com or here

There are no longer doubts that they are allied, for they carry the same emblem, a black eye on a red background, move as organized military troops, and act in a concerted and intelligent way.
This is from albion, but I think the same applies to midgard

Users who are viewing this thread