back and feeling like a n00b

jnh

Loyal Freddie
just reactivated my account the other day, and should be getting ToA today with a bit of luck, but i feel like a complete noob, i have no idea about these scrolls etc, and not much of a clue about ML's and artifacts and stuff... ive checked a few sites and found some nice looking quests to do, but none have really given me a decent explination on the rest of it and its all getting a bit confusing (combination of trying to work and trying to read about it all i think). anyone know any sites etc that explain things at a low level :p also looking for a decent paladin template if anyone knows of any :D

also kinda guidless on alb/pryd again now as i didnt expect to be playing this game again :( *cough*

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
Im not an expert on ToA either, but here is what you need to do/get if you want an artifact:

1) Visit http://www.visionofsages.net/toa/ and decide which artifact you want.

2) You need three scrolls to be able to "activate" your artifact. You can buy these scrolls from other players (use market explorer) or kill the specific mobs that drop them (check the website mentioned above).

3) You need to do the "encounter". This means you have to kill (or take part in killing) the big ugly mob that drops the artifact.

4) You need the artifact itself. You may or may not get this when you do the encounter (some mobs require several groups to kill, but only one artifact will drop). If you don't get the artifact when you do the encounter, you can do it again, or buy the artifact from another player.

(note: it doesn't matter in which order you do step 2, 3 and 4.)

5) Now that you have the artifact and the three scrolls, you need to activate the artifact (once you do this you cannot trade/sell it). You need to speak to a specific npc to activate it. Which npc depends on the artifact, but they are usually found in the center of one of the four ToA cities.

6) Lastly, you need to level your artifact. This is done by wearing your artifact and killing certain mobs. Which mobs depends on the artifact. Check the above mentioned wesite for more details.

I think that's about it :)

jnh

Loyal Freddie
Brannor McThife said:
Noooo! Dwim! Don't do it! Turn back from the light!

:p

-G

blame brela/brelok/brego (which ever you prefer) whos a mate of mine from college, i introduced him to this game a few years back during open beta and got him running the client, now, 2 and a half years later the bastard is getting his revenge by showing me how sexeh toa looks, and telling me about frontiers and all the rest of it, and basically leading me to believe this game MIGHT just be heading in the right direction... so yeah, im gonna give it another go :eek:

and shafu... thanks a lot for taking the time to type all :D very useful

Ormorof

FH is my second home
6) Lastly, you need to level your artifact. This is done by wearing your artifact and killing certain mobs. Which mobs depends on the artifact. Check the above mentioned wesite for more details.

ive found that it goes alot faster xp'ing artifacts in RvR now :)

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
jnh said:
just reactivated my account the other day, and should be getting ToA today with a bit of luck, but i feel like a complete noob, i have no idea about these scrolls etc, and not much of a clue about ML's and artifacts and stuff... ive checked a few sites and found some nice looking quests to do, but none have really given me a decent explination on the rest of it and its all getting a bit confusing (combination of trying to work and trying to read about it all i think). anyone know any sites etc that explain things at a low level :p also looking for a decent paladin template if anyone knows of any :D

also kinda guidless on alb/pryd again now as i didnt expect to be playing this game again :( *cough*

Hi terilith. I watch u die in zisslas duel movie last night. (I died to btw) :drink:

jnh

Loyal Freddie
omg givf link!! dammit, he always said he was gonna record my repeated attempts to beat him, but i think the average ended up something like 90%-10% in his favour when we dueled :p

crouts

Fledgling Freddie
i decided to come back as well bought toA installed it and downloaded foundations patch just gone to account section to pay only to find ,sods law that it down for maintenance. Last time i played was last summer so havent got a clue what to expect. prob gonna die a dozen times before i get used to controls again :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom