Baby BD

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
So, im thinking of rolling a BD. With regards to race choice which will be the best for pve/rvr? I have a 33 aug sham bot to level with as well on different account for buffs if that has any bearing on it ;) . Was thinking kobold, with 15 dex and 10 pie, or 10/10/10 pie con dex. Any help on this would be much appreciated. :clap:

P.S. Also full supp for leveling 20-40?

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
i would go Kobi and 3*10 con,dex and pie and yes supp all the way to 47 or so.

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
I'd roll a pac healer on teh other account instead of the shammie, you will be OOP more then anything else, that will be you DT.

Last LT at 47.

belxavier

Fledgling Freddie
imo

starting points and race pretty much up to your preference but 3 10s is ok or 15 10 if u want to boost pie with secondary dex. And as said by brunore 47 is last lifetap, but for rvr afaik most use 48 sup 24 dark spec giveing u 2x 48 healers (should heal slightly faster and maybe for, more also live longer) and darkness gives u the insta body debuff (15% iirc to help ur taps stick) as well as reduceing dmg variance to some degree on base nukes....also as brunore said unless u have fop ur mana will be main prob bd deal front loaded dmg but go oop very fast with so many insta spells.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Ok thx for replies, il try and get MCL asap and also grab some power pots for exping. :cheers:

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
MCL asap will save you alot of time. Kobold with the stats you have mentioned would be fine.

No higher than 47 in supp. The rest in dark. The healer pets are not really worth the extra 48 points at 48, their is meant to be an extra 6% healing between level 42 and 48 pets.

Then just work on getting your darkness up as high as possible. 24 + 11 + RR + MoF to 50 (This allows you dark supp debuff to be resisted less often).

When leveling you have make sure you get a healer as soon as possible who can heal your commander. Make sure the commander is full buffed. When you get slightly higher PVE for leveling purposes with commander, fossil guardian and fossil healer.

Let the commander do the attacking and gain the agro. Then cast 2 dark DDs and that should finish off the mob. This way you are always running with your power over 50%. Don't try and nuke everything to death when leveling.

just keep the power at over 50% for regen purposes. That way you always had 50% available incase you had a pad pull and needed to lifetap.

Have fun and remember ... you are only slightly less hated than a warlock ;)

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Oh yes one more thing.

When going to 40 a common leveling stategy is to go BA/Supp. Supp to get the fossil healer and rest gets you the fossil warriors from BA. It gives you the better tanks. But 1st get the fossil healers, I think at level 15 in supp, then pour the rest of your points into BA.

Then at 40 you use your free respec to go to the more common 47/24 BD spec.

Brite

Banned
id stick with the aug sham bot, keep full supp, pull with tap and staff stuff down and send in pet, when you get level 30 which shouldnt take long use 1 buffer pet 1 healer pet, try keep damage add up and the pets str str/con buffed atleast for a bit of extra damage, do this and you can chain mobs stopping every now and again to use mcl, pots will be a bit of a money sink and not really needed, i farmed myself money for 2 x tg vests and PLed my own aug sham bot to lvl 40 before i took it to malmo, try to find mobs that are weak to crush / body, wolves are pretty good for this, dodens would have been ace for you 40+ but no more, leveled i lived in DF and when we dont have it vendo > varulv > spindle

10 pie con dex (15 dex 10 pie if you want a bit better casting) into kobold or valkyn, valkyn has better racial resists, kobold a bit better stats, depends what you want to look at and play

BA isnt really worth it when you have a bot, stick with the aug bot beacuse you will need it when 50 for rvr and farming and when u get it fop it will provide power regen too, get 50 on your bd and power level it while hunting for scrolls, leveling artis ect might be a good idea, good luck with it

edit: skar said use nukes, i wouldnt do this beacuse 1/ you might not have darkness focus on lwo lvl staff 2/ it costs more power than shupp due to no spec in it

so just stick to tapping, the method i gave and 47 supp 26 darkness final spec

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom