Awesome DAoC Movie

S

solothores

Ok, you need a good connection though, it is 180mb in size running for 23minutes. However you will see stuff in a way you dind't before, believe me. *smile*

Movie is done by the german guild "Lords of Illusion" on the server Hibernia / Stonehenge.

To get the movie just head over here:

Link[180MB]

It is worth the time, have fun.

If you want to pay tribute just place a comment on their message board: http://web74.molinari.loswebos.de/forum/

L

liste

has some nice-ish camera usage, but dodgy quality, low interest content and is far too long.

if your net is fast, you might wanna see it, but... well, deleted and forgotten 2 minutes later

S

Shike

ghaa german language aint my strongest side tbh :D

L

Lambsbreed

2 reasons i won't get that movie:

1: have to be registered.
2: can't register because german sux :sleeping:

S

Shike

I think i managed to subscribe, not 100%, but I dont seem to get any mail from them :eek7:

"Vielen Dank für Deine Registrierung" Shud mean something similar to Thank you for your registration I think /shrugs

S

Shaki/Aeis

Can't be bothered to register. Let me know if it can be found on some other site.

R

razorboy

Originally posted by liste
has some nice-ish camera usage, but dodgy quality, low interest content and is far too long.

I totally agree

O

old.Hellskor

There's no confirmation eMail, so I guess you can just enter a fake eMail address and still access the site.

S

Shike

o_O

heh, actually didnt try to just log in :) the normal procedure is that you get an activationmail which has some link u have to press etc... goddamn, german ffs... :D

O

old.Hellskor

all you need to enter is a name, password, email ... nothing more.

Just finished watching that movie all I can say is :

:eek6:

impressive !

Pretty sure some Gamemaster was doing that one.

Looks like the GM's are quite active on that server, I mean some kind of Football/Soccer/Rugby(whatever) in Emain with a fireball and the realms Flags along side the playing field ? Wow !

Those Hib SI Dungeons... can understand that Hibs like their PvE encounters.

Too bad that Mid doesn't have that much fluff :(

S

solothores

Hi guys,

Yeah, sorry forgot to mention that you have to register, just go here: http://daoc.4players.de/register.php and enter the above 4 fields you don't have to give more information: Its just Username 2x times your Password and an email address(can be a fake address). Afterwards you can directly login and start the download, you don't have to wait for any confirmation mail.

As I said its pretty long so only download it if you have a fast connection. And the special part are indeed the cam views. Don't think that much ppl have seen Hibernia from that views.

"Sterntaler" which is the GM for Stonehenge assisted with some volunteer helpers for the making of this movie, however it was Rudedog who was responsible for the cam handling. Seems he received the ghost mode for the duration of the movie creation.

As for if you would like it or not, depends as always on your personal taste. It is not the typical RvR action movie. And yes I agree there are definitly some long moments (wedding scene) - however I don't mind. :D

O

old.Niljindil

I registered this account:
acc: givmovie
pass: movie

Go ahead and download now the ones who cba to register themselves :p

O

old.Niljindil

OMG that was one kickass movie! :D

I advice anyone who has the bandwidth to download it asap!

It doesnt have any RvR scenes(except from the few mano el mano scenes and a keep take) but the movie itself is *sweet* :D

O

old.Niljindil

Oh and another thing, whatever computer the guy recording the flyby scenes, GIFV PLS KTHX!

Omg thats some incredible fps! the screen doesnt even flinch with 50++ players on the screen :eek7:

L

lakih

It truly was a awsome movie.
(there are more movies on the same site)

:m00:

S

solothores

Only information available about what he used is a pair of p4 systems with rambus ram and ati radeons 9700/9800 pro. The highres version of the movie took about 650MB.

Anf if you are interested into Treibball (which is the rugby like sports thing) just head to http://daoc.4players.de/displaydownloads.php3 And download the appropriate movie to get a good view on it. Didn't you guys have events like this on your servers? always thought goa does them for all servers :(

Would be nice to have matches against teams of all servers.

S

solothores

Yup, that is one of them, you also have an additional one called: "Treibballspiel auf Lyonesse" on the above mentioned link, however the creator was not the best editor and also has not the best performance. :)

R

RudeDogGER

Greetings :)

Ok, here I am! First of all I've to thank solothores for announcing my video (film) at this board.

However, follow this link for direkt download without register at 4Players:

ftp.freenet.de/pub/4players/darkageofcamelot/videos/daoc.zip(delete the blanks)

(181 MB, WindowsMediaVideo V9.0 Codec is needed - this is already included at the Windows Media Player 9 from MS. If you have the version7.x or 8.x you can simply download only the Codec at MS www.micorosft.com/windowsmeida)

This video wasn't created by the GM "Sterntaler" or something like this. The video was created by my own (and my wife)!!!!
Sterntaler had only assist me in some certain scenes and because he is one of my friends in RL. And, don't ask why I can fly, take it for granted :)

This video isn't one of the typical "I'm the ruler!"-videos or such other borring RvR-videos (sorry). It shows Hibernia. It show's real RolePlay. It show's Mobs lag-free (for those guys who are interessted in e.g. how the mobs in Galla looks like or how Cuuli looks like when he is sleeping :). It show's Treiball (similar like Football).

I can only say, download and enjoy it. Enyjoy the music. Enjoy the screenplay. Enjoy the great Galla-Raid at pathlevel 1.60.
And before I forget. The quality is quite good for the lenght of over 23 min and a size of 181 MBs and a resolution of 720x576.

A next video is still planed which will be more realm-comprehensive, bigger and better. Also a big story will implemented.

In principle: When you like it, tell your friends about this. Otherwise delete it :)

Regards
RudeDog of Stonehenge/Hibernia - Germay

edit: helpfull mod to the resque

O

old.Hellskor

...but the most impressive scene of that video is, when all those treehuggers stand in lines and rows without all those Luwikeens jumping and running about ;)

O

old.moriath

nerf 740k per secomd download ;-)

180 mb np with a work connection heehee

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by old.Niljindil
I registered this account:
acc: givmovie
pass: movie

Go ahead and download now the ones who cba to register themselves :p

Hehe. Now let's take a peek at the officer checking logs:

"Ah, a fresh cup of coffee. Hmm..seems this new DAoC movie is quite popular, over three hundred downloads...by..err..umm..Jim! Take a look at this!"

"Whaddup?"

"The new DAoC movie's been d/l'd for over three hundred times."

"So?"

"From the same account."

"Umm..."

"Err..."

"The guy really, -really- likes it?"

H

Hargh

Originally posted by old.moriath
nerf 740k per secomd download ;-)

180 mb np with a work connection heehee

1.88MB/sec muahahaha

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Hehe. Now let's take a peek at the officer checking logs:

"Ah, a fresh cup of coffee. Hmm..seems this new DAoC movie is quite popular, over three hundred downloads...by..err..umm..Jim! Take a look at this!"

"Whaddup?"

"The new DAoC movie's been d/l'd for over three hundred times."

"So?"

"From the same account."

"Umm..."

"Err..."

"The guy really, -really- likes it?"

lol, nice one :clap:

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by old.Hellskor
Those Hib SI Dungeons... can understand that Hibs like their PvE encounters.

Too bad that Mid doesn't have that much fluff :(

wtf, hib epic dungeon sucks ass compared to TG. hib is just some small ass blob-mobs who are shitthard, and dirt and small shrubs :|

O

old.Hellskor

Originally posted by vintervargen
wtf, hib epic dungeon sucks ass compared to TG. hib is just some small ass blob-mobs who are shitthard, and dirt and small shrubs :|

think in the whole of TG are 4 kinds of models for the mobs.

Giants
Snake-thingies
Skellies
Griffons

and two textures for the dungeon ... Ice and Ice covered Stonewalls.

Somehow those dungeons in the video look a lot more interesting, to me atleast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom