Avg costs of gettin to LGM

O

oblivion_6

Just curious if anyone has a rough idea in plats how much it costs to get 1000+ in the crafts available

I know SC and Alch cost a hell of a lot but i was wondering about the others particularly WC

Cheers

C

congin

Think i've spend 4-5p to get the 926 AC i have atm... guess it will cost about as much to get 1100

N

Noche

27-35p to master alchemy, 35p before 1.60 when 1k skill potions were bugged.

P

Pin

Fletching, Tailoring, Spellcrafting and AC are cheap to get to 1k (~7-12p). But Tailoring and AC need to go to 1100+, which can almost double that cost.

WC takes ~17p to 1k.

Alchemy probably only takes 15p to get to 1k, but gets VASTLY more expensive working on the high level stuff (when you have to skill on reactives) so can go to 30p to get 1080.

M

Mishy

belive it cost me over 20plat to get to 1000+ wc

O

oblivion_6

ouchie i take its that explains why ive noticed even in the low 300s that i can make a good few swords and not make a single point

R

rayzor_e_w

12P to 1001 in sc.
a guildie told me he spent bout 30P to lgm wc.

D

Draylor

Originally posted by congin
Think i've spend 4-5p to get the 926 AC i have atm... guess it will cost about as much to get 1100
Your hoping to get from 926 to 1100 on only 4-5p? Sorry but youve no chance :(

Your 4-5p should get you to 1000 easily enough, but the total could almost double by the time you hit 1100 - depending on what items you choose to skill on. To keep costs down aim for 1020 and then skill on MP orders if your able to get them - and have the time to do them.

And Calamore - thats why we dont feel in the least bit guilty about taking a good few coins from you for MP gear when we've finally finished skilling ;)

K

Khalen

Spent about 8-10 P to get to 800 WC. Wonder how much it will take to get to 1000.

X

xajorkith

Originally posted by Draylor
Your hoping to get from 926 to 1100 on only 4-5p? Sorry but youve no chance :(

Your 4-5p should get you to 1000 easily enough, but the total could almost double by the time you hit 1100 - depending on what items you choose to skill on. To keep costs down aim for 1020 and then skill on MP orders if your able to get them - and have the time to do them.

And Calamore - thats why we dont feel in the least bit guilty about taking a good few coins from you for MP gear when we've finally finished skilling ;)

I totally agree.

I'm 1065 AC and to get to 1115 AC (a mere 50 points) I worked the following:
An attempt is classed as making an item but no AC skill up, I'm also trying to maximize MP's by starting the next Orange con item as soon as possible.

All rough calcs skilling on studded only.

1066 - 1085 = 19 skill points * 6 attempts per skill at 35g loss per try

1086 - 1100 = 14 skill points * 6 attempts per skill at 24g loss per try

1101 - 1115 = 14 skill points * 6 attempts per skill at 59g loss per try

Added up is about 11p.... for 50 points.....

P

Pin

Originally posted by rayzor_e_w
a guildie told me he spent bout 30P to lgm wc.

30p would probably be a reasonable amount to get to 1065, but 17-20 is all you need for 1k.

P

Pin

Originally posted by xajorkith
1101 - 1115 = 14 skill points * 6 attempts per skill at 59g loss per try

You are being VERY optimistic on the 6 attempts per skill for that range.

M

Mishy

Originally posted by Pin
30p would probably be a reasonable amount to get to 1065, but 17-20 is all you need for 1k.

tend to agree somewhat... i reckon its perfectly possible to spent upto 25plat to get to 1000wc... all depends how lucky you get with skilling and what you make etc.

Wouldnt think 30k for 1000 though.

If it wasnt for diamond seals + salvaging, i dont think many people would have achieved lgm status in most crafts.

S

soylent green

I've got a 900 ac, and the way i've been lvling is too use salvaged
metal only. From lvl 400 ac, i've only used metal that my friar has farmed for me, from 800, to 900, ac it took about 550, bars of neth.I wiil start on the road to 1k, when my friar has slavaged enough arc drops for me. Its more likely about the same cost wise but just does'nt seem like it.

P

Pin

Originally posted by soylent green
I've got a 900 ac, and the way i've been lvling is too use salvaged
metal only. From lvl 400 ac, i've only used metal that my friar has farmed for me, from 800, to 900, ac it took about 550, bars of neth.I wiil start on the road to 1k, when my friar has slavaged enough arc drops for me. Its more likely about the same cost wise but just does'nt seem like it.

it's the same cost (well, within 1%).... but you saved yourself MANY hours of trinketting th emetal to get the cash.

I wish there was loot salvagable for netherium and arcanium when I was skilling :(

X

xajorkith

Originally posted by Pin
You are being VERY optimistic on the 6 attempts per skill for that range.

Noooooooo don't say that.... what is it more like? 10?

O

old.Reno

Originally posted by xajorkith
Noooooooo don't say that.... what is it more like? 10?
That would be a good average.
Some skill ups will require a lot more tries though.
As for going on to items as soon as they turn orange.
I would advice against it. If the skill is 10-20 above your present skill lvl, you will see many more failed attempts and also a lot more losses.
Only begin trying orange skills if they're 10 or less above your skill level.

Danita

G

Garh Khartari

I spent about 9p on 1000 SC, and 25p on 1000 WC.
Rough numbers as I wasn't counting.

M

Moody

Recently started skilling weaponcraft again after saving up for a few months (Yes I play too many alts)

Cost from 800-900 was 4plat 859gold. Aren't we crazy people :D The cost it takes to reach LGM would buy me a fully SC'd set of armor for my armsman and my cleric. :(

R

redknapp

I have 1146 AC at present. I would guess that so far I have probably flushed 50p down the bog due to problems with skilling on chain.

Basically, the problem is that chain, which is where all the demand is, requires a Legendary tailor to make the AF96 base parts at a reasonable rate, meaning that you end up skilling exclusively on studded. The sell back rates on studded are rubbish, as are the 99% and MP sell rates, when you compare the time you put into crafting it.

On the other hand, I probably have 20p worth of armour in stock at present, so I guess it has cost me 30p.

If you really want to go high in AC (I am aiming to go all the way to 1165) seriously consider skilling up a tailor first, as I am doing now.

Good luck to all you prospective crafters :)

T

Thorarin

I'm not sure how much my armorcraft cost me, but from 1-1000 Tailoring it cost me (I kept exact track of it) 3200g (and 6 days /played).

Pretty cheap, but Tailoring probably the cheapest there is.

D

Denisée

1-1k on fletch cost me about 9p
1-1k on sc did cost me just under 9p, mabe 8.7 or something like that.
1-1k ac was 7p
1-1k tailoring, no clue, didn't keep track.
1-1k wc, not sure forgot to keep track on the first 900 ;)
1-1k alch was 18p

The cost over 1k I dunno, didn't bother then I was allready lm so the last part to lgm was easy, only 100 points :)

P

Pempulla

Originally posted by Denisée
1-1k on fletch cost me about 9p
1-1k on sc did cost me just under 9p, mabe 8.7 or something like that.
1-1k ac was 7p
1-1k tailoring, no clue, didn't keep track.
1-1k wc, not sure forgot to keep track on the first 900 ;)
1-1k alch was 18p

The cost over 1k I dunno, didn't bother then I was allready lm so the last part to lgm was easy, only 100 points :)

last part to lgm was easy.... That is crap (sorry) for the alchemy part at least. You can probably double that 18p for 1100.

D

Denisée

Originally posted by Pempulla
last part to lgm was easy.... That is crap (sorry) for the alchemy part at least. You can probably double that 18p for 1100.

Ain't crap, money grow on trees so that is not the problem, it is the time it takes that case problems.

Takes less time to get 100 points than 1000 (and see ur trainer every now and then)

N

Noche

Hehehe the problem of alchemy is that before u spending ur 30p u WILL NOT get anything interesting to sell (how many ppl actually buy a dot reactive or even af reactive compared with ablative reactives which is at 1094 skill?)

Oh and go go Pemp, u r almost there \o/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom