C

CliffyG

Anyone else played on a server with avatars turned off, i think it improves gameplay and it defo looks better without the brightly coloured orbs floating around. Do get slightly more TK's but generally only for the first round or so.

T

throdgrain

Im all for realism, so yeah I think its much better :)
I tried it with the x-hair off last night too, was fun if a bit mad . If everyone had the x-hair off i would be quite happy to plauy like that :)

C

CliffyG

I wouldn't mind playing with cross hairs off if everyone did, doubt i'd be able to shoot anyone though lol.

C

CAC

well X hair off is one thing,but if you were to combine that with removing team icons then i think youd be getting alot of frustrated team killers.

especial with reflected damage on i very much doubt people would stay on the servers for very long tbh.

J

jo.

I was on a server with Avatars off earlier today...

...I got scared and left. :(

I've gotten into the habit of "if it doesn't have a badge, shoot it", and it'll take a while to get out of it and into recognising uniforms. :)

C

CAC

well so far thats one for,one against and one maybe

if there are more people who want X-hair and team icons turned off i will discuss it with MikeC,and if we can both agree we can trial the settings in a community game or something.

T

throdgrain

Heh I dont mind avatars being off, but x-hairs, well i doubt people would wear it tbh. After all, look at the server situation, TDM always full ?? Dont worry ,what I like and what the general populus like may well be 2 different things !
Inclines me to beleive a hard-core no x-hair server wouldnt be very popular :)

C

CliffyG

Originally posted by throdgrain

Inclines me to beleive a hard-core no x-hair server wouldnt be very popular :)

I think you may be right.

On a side note i sat on the S & D server for 5 mins in the vain hope that someone would join me but no one did :(. Was thinking if people saw 2 players on they'd be more inclined to join. BEL is OK but still just another version of DM.

C

Chameleon

I'm also a fan of as much realism as possible, but a no crosshair and no icon server would definately have to be an exception or the servers would all be empty till/if people got used to it heheh
I've sat on the subby servers a few times too cliffyg, hoping the same. Sometimes it's even worked! If I can't face reading the Medieval Total War manual to work out wtf is going on, I'll idle on there and maybe some snipers will join us eh :D

T

throdgrain

Please , please don't confuse the fact that the subbed server is empty because it is SD.
Im afraid the reason is far more likely to be simply because it is subbed.

C

CliffyG

Please , please don't confuse the fact that the subbed server is empty because it is SD.
Im afraid the reason is far more likely to be simply because it is subbed.

I haven't, it's just i'd have thought the people who paid subs would be more likely to play S & D, dunno why but it's obviously wrong. Wonder how many subs people actually play COD?

T

throdgrain

Even the community games are held on preview servers mate. I havent seen anyone on a subbed server for any game except Op Flash in donkeys.
Ive never seen anyone on a subbed RtCw server , for example, ever.
And thats after what , 16 months of subs ?
We used to get people on the cs server when it first started , but even that I havent seen in ages :(

M

mike-c

Even the community games are held on preview servers mate.
I beg to differ, we have one on subs servers and one on preview servers.

Mondays are subs, thursdays are previews.

T

throdgrain

Well, good luck , I may even turn up meself if I see some people on there . Only thing stopping me atm is BWCSL which is mondays, however I think theres only a week or two left.
Speaking seriously for a moment, I wonder whether BW may have turned a corner. The new clanservers seem to be very good value for money, and I have seen a few of em about.
Heres hoping :)

C

CAC

Originally posted by CliffyG
On a side note i sat on the S & D server for 5 mins in the vain hope that someone would join me but no one did :( .

i believe a better option as far as playing on the subscriber servers would be to visit #game.cod using irc or the webchat interface on GAMES website and see if you can get some of the people in there to join you.

if im available i would be more than happy to join you or anyone else in a game :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom