Film Avatar

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Just been to see the most expensive film ever and have to say it was excellent. Script is a little predictable but the film work and graphics are just incredible. I watched it in California at the Irvine Spectrum Imax in 3d and have to say it's the only way to see it. If you have an Imax near you watch it there. Can't see a normal cinema doing this justice tbh. The lanscape and plantlife of the planet alone is worth the entrance fee.

9/10 just let down a tiny bit by a predictable script. Off to see Boondock Saints II now then pack up and fly back home tomorrow.

Have a great Christmas everyone!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
glad you enjoyed it, I may exploit my student discount and go see it myself...

merry christmas to you too!

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Throughout the movie I genuinely wished that somehow in the end, a charter of Space Marines would descend into the planet and destroy all those aliens :(

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
whats the average price of an imax in england? ;d
Looks like £11.50 for an adult at the Odeon IMAX in manchester. I'm presuming it's similar prices elsewhere.

Thanks for putting the idea in my head. Seeing it in 3D was cool. IMAX in 3D would be... whoa! :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
3D is £7 at my cinema ( De Luxe ) Brand new one in the Highcross shopping centre in leicester ;)
That's for 15, no idea if that counts as a adult

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I thought it was OK, the CGI and effects were incredible ofc.

South Park nailed it though - Dances with Smurfs

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You can see it in 3d in most cinemas, the glasses work very well. It is a film that you really should see in 3d, it's implemented brilliantly.

The film itself is great, it's not all about the visuals, but without them it wouldn't be as good.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Ahh IMAX 3D, glad to see it finally getting it's proper place.
I used to go and watch the original IMAX movies at the Printworks in
Manchester and one time they showed the whole film just for me
sat in the sweet spot (middle 3rd row back).

I never went with more than twenty people watching and I fully expected
it to close down but 3D CGI saved the day.

Yes and Avatar is the classic white man - red indian script mixed in with Aliens 2
and I actually got a bit bored to be honest watching him go through the
initiation process, not exactly a new age of cinema, just slightly better
graphics than Star Wars.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Well drove past my local cinema this morning and saw its been all done up so i went to see avatar 3d. Brand new HD projectors and everything. I can honestly say thats the best looking film ever, it was brilliant. I loved the story. Screw everyone who demanded twists and said it was obvious etc, screw the critics! that was pure brilliance! im going to see it again at the weekend

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Nothing, they are gold class showing that they charge you more for, for the the privilege of only having mature adults in (apparently).

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
makes sense, can be annoying having kids all yelling and talking on their phones. But in Wood Green the adults are just as bad as the kids

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah same everywhere mate, although I'd have to agree that Wood Green is worse than most ;p

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I love hollywood green cinema over cineworld cause it was always empty so i could do naughty things up the back during the movies with ladies ;) and the seats were better but the projectors were shit. Now they have done it up its perfect, though i fear no more touchy touchy up the back

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You know they all have night vision security camera's in those places now? They see EVERYTHING.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Anyone know where the language of the blueberries comes from? Got a wierd "Enya feeling" when i heard it...

I wish i could have watched it in 3d :(

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Anyone know where the language of the blueberries comes from? Got a wierd "Enya feeling" when i heard it...

I wish i could have watched it in 3d :(

You seriously missed out. there wasnt too much chucking stuff infront of you, it was more like looking through a window

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Was mindblown by this movie! Think I will have to watch it again in the cinema, hard to describe it, but the depth they were able to get into the scenes was incredible. Not like the normal 3D shit I have seen before, this was something entirely different!

Everz

FH is my second home
Took the gf to it last night, fan-fucking-amazing it was, definetly worth it, well be going to watch it again soon enough, enjoyed it alot.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Visually it was amazing
The movie itself was pretty average at best if you take away the shineys

the first hour and half was good, but I don't think i could sit through the whole 3 hrs again personally as i just got bored after that until the end fight which again was only salvaged because of the visuals

Honestly don't watch it in 2d, you will think the movie is pretty meh

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Have to admit, I was wrong. The film is every bit as good as people are saying and then some. Well done Mr Cameron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom